Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 [Blu-ray]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on October 12, 2013
I can tell this series is well made, because I've grown to care about the characters, and I'm interested to see what is going to happen to them next. This show still hits on all cylinders, and one of the few comedies that actually can make me laugh out loud, not once, but several times during each episode. It's nice to see a comedy doing so well that appeals to the higher side of human nature, rather than most of the garbage that is on the tube these days.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur....
22 comments|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2013
How do they continue having such warm and funny shows after all this time? I don't know, but I love it! To everyone responsible for BBT, the writers, actors, crew, director, etc...keep it coming! And thank you!
0Comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
I love this show. I could watch it every day if possible, it never gets old. For me it's timeless.
11 comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hey you guys!! We've only seen the first 3 episodes of Season 7 and you're already reviewing the whole season?? You should be ashamed of yourselves...I'm going to sic Sheldon on you for corporal punishment. No...wait...you'd like that. Well, no "Soft Kitty" for you then. Now go play rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock or D&D and wait for the season cliffhanger.

Seriously, I caught the very first episode despite the stupid ad campaign about the nerds finally "getting the pretty chick," the stereotypical dumb blonde at that. I fell in love instantly. There's a reason Jim Parsons won his 3rd Emmy of just 6 seasons: he's hilarious. Sheldon could SO easily have gone the other way, being too mean-spirited and arrogant to like while the other characters just rotate around him, frustrated and sad. But he gets put in his place...no, not his spot...enough to keep a lid on. His comedic timing is unparalleled. Howard used to be my least favorite character but he's really grown on me. I was happy to read that in real life Kunal Nayyar, Raj, has married a beautiful woman in an enormous traditional wedding in India; it takes the edge off feeling sorry for him that he can only attract girls like poor Lucy. Mayim Bialik, Amy, is really a neurobiologist. I love seeing Kaley Cuoco on TV commercials with Captain Kirk...er William Shatner...or as a wish-granting genie. And hosting the awards shows. I love seeing Johnny Galecki's old cast-mates from Roseanne on the show; Laurie Metcalf is a hoot (as she would say) as Sheldon's mom. (The only character I dislike is Leonard's mom played by Christine Baranski...but you can't have everything.)

My husband, son and I "Big Bangalize" every Thursday. We throw in a pizza and I record the show on DVR. At 7:15 we eat and start watching so we can skip the commercials (sorry CBS). My son just went to college and he's got his dorm-mates watching it to carry on the tradition.

The cast couldn't have the perfect timing it does but for the good direction and writing...ah...the good writing. There are very few throw-away scenes and I like that the show flows as well as Friends did with 2 or 3 story arcs involving 2-4 characters in each episode. So one plotline never drags down any episode. Of course, like Friends, the best scenes are when all 6 are together. Guest stars involving Star Trek: Levar Burton, Will Wheaton, Brent Spiner, Leonard Nimoy's voice; Stephen Hawking; Stan Lee; Howie Mandel. I just sorta hope they never really show Mrs. Wolowitz.

Everybody started reviewing Season 6 before it was released as well so you got to see no discussion of the special features. I just pre-ordered Season 7 and will revise this review once I've seen the special features. The 1st and 2nd seasons' were fairly lame. They perked up in Seasons 3-5 and on the first disc of Season 6, they got into Howard's space odyssey with real astronaut Mike Massimono as well as speaking directly with a current astronaut on the space station. Did you hear they had a drawing to send a fan of the show into space? (Assuming NASA is back in business by then.)

I could go on and on about this top-notch comedy but I don't want to belabor Sheldon-like OCD.

Just watch it.

TRIVIA: what is Penny's last name?
Answer in Comment below.
99 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
Still funny, the show continues to be great even in the seventh season. A must see show for sure, yep.
on October 16, 2014
The Big Bang Theory is a show that found a formula that works and sticks to it. That is not to say the show has not evolved. In fact much of this season is spent pointing out exactly how the various characters have changed. That said, if you love the show then everything about this season will keep you loving it. If you hate the show nothing about this season will change your mind. If you were always kind of lukewarm to the show then it may be getting old for you. Personally I think it is still just a funny and charming as it has been.

The celebrity cameos/guest appearances this season are Bob Newhart reprising his role as Professor Proton (in a hilarious Star Wars themed episode), James Earl Jones, Carrie Fisher, Bill Nye and of course Wil Wheton. Almost all the characters end up in very different places by the end of the season than where they were at the beginning. Howard and Bernadette are the exceptions having settled into a fairly stable married life. Toward the end of the season the comic book store owner Stuart begins to take a larger role in the series.

As far as extras go for those who get the blu rays (or DVDs), there is a lot of behind the scenes material, a comic-con panel with the writers, a making of the Star Wars day episode and a gag reel. All in all probably around an hour's worth of bonus material. Definitely enough to make those who like going through that stuff happy.
on January 21, 2014
I am glad to see that Stuart is getting more screen time this season, but I really wish they'd find him a way to achieve something meaningful. Eventually, his depression will stop being funny and will actually make us depressed. The rest of the cast are still on point as their characters. I'm definitely looking forward to more.
on April 11, 2014
I have loved watching this series, right from its inception. This season, though, I've been more aware of the maturing cast. Although they're still as funny as ever, the writers seem to be getting a little tired. Storyline development seems to have stalled just a bit this season. As much as we don't want to watch them all grow up, they really need to start pushing on -- these characters are all 30 by now.

The CBS site says they're renewed through 2016-2017, but I'm wondering if they'll rotate in some new blood on the writing staff.
on August 10, 2014
Well it's The Big Bang bunch what else do I need to say. My husband is addicted and I am the one who urged him to watch. They are a young and sciency,and mostly male(Raj?),Golden Girls meets Friends. Those who watch BBT, Dorothy :Leonard, Rose:Sheldon. Blanch:Howard, and poor Raj has his comparison in Phoebe from friends although she could talk too much where ever she was. Can you see it? My husband and I enjoy watching these guys over and over TOGETHER. That is rare.
on April 15, 2014
Big Bang Theory really seems to have found a formula that works. The show has great pacing and some excellent humor. The characters and their relationships change just enough each episode to keep us interested in them and in following the course of the show. Season 7 is no different. This is another great entry in a great series, and is definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of the series.