5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Diet!
I followed Dr. Jakubowicz's Big Breakfast diet before my wedding and was thrilled with the results! I now always eat a big breakfast, and I especially love the delicious, healthy smoothie as part of my breakfast. My husband loves them, too.
The most amazing thing for me about this diet is that I used to always crave something sweet in the afternoon or at night, and...
Published on December 11, 2009 by NYC Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright With Modifications
I haven't written an amazon review before either, but wanted to give my honest opinion about this book. I ran across an article a couple of weeks ago on how a big breakfast can help you lose weight. I came across this book and thought this was the answer to the 30 pounds I needed to lose. I was very excited and couldn't wait to get it in the mail (the price was good...
Published on January 19, 2010 by Fran Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent!!!, March 30, 2011
This review is from: The Big Breakfast Diet: Eat Big Before 9 A.M. and Lose Big for Life (Paperback)
This is the best diet book I ever read, seriosly is amazing the information that it has...plus the loss weight benefk,I have almost two months whit the plan and I had been losing 20 pounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Results!, October 31, 2010
I bought this book after reading an article about how eating a big breakfast every morning is proven to have better results that the traditional low carb approach. I did modify the diet slightly...I dont eat the morning sweet because I dont really have much of a sweet tooth. The day I did add the sweet, I craved food all day... so I leave that part out. I have a hard time losing weight, but I have lost 13 lbs already in only about 4 weeks! Yay!! And I havent been real good about exercise.. only once or twice a week.
It is so much easier to make smart choices for lunch and dinner when you are not really hungry, so it's super easy to stick to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, December 13, 2009
I really like this book. I had been Daniela's patient and lost 40 pounds once and never gained them back. I moved to the US and was having a hard time finding the right recipes for my breakfast and this book is just wonderful. This gives me so many choices now!!
This diet really works! I did it, lost 40 pounds, had twins and kept those pounds off without any sacrifice. It is a life style that changes the way you feel about food!, I recommend the book and the diet to anyone trying to take off those extra pounds and especially to those who want them off for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT INSIGHT, December 3, 2012
The information is very valuable it makes a lot of sense and it works.
Everybody should try it. It will work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST DIET EVER, October 29, 2010
I am 40 years old and have been on (and off of) every popular diet around in the last five years. They were either too restrictive or didn't control my cravings. I, like many others, often waited until early afternoon before I would start eating because I thought I was saving calories. So, when I came across this diet it intrigued me, but I really thought if I start my day off with food I am going to spend the rest of the day eating everything in sight. I was completely shocked to find out that wasn't the case. In fact, I made it through the first day with ease. (Which I have never done before.) No side effects, headaches, cravings or anything else. Morning three I woke up and discovered I have lost 3 pounds!

Now this is a way of life I actually see myself following. You get results and you don't feel deprived! If you want to lose weight, you have to give this diet a try! Daniela Jakubowicz is a genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bug Breakfast Diet book is Great., May 31, 2013
This diet is Great! Easy to read and do. I lost 14 lbs. in 15 days. I will keep doing this until goal. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars works if you stick to it, March 21, 2013
I stuck to this for awhile and it worked. Do think that the morning protein smoothies are a real plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes sense, but a lot to eat!, June 22, 2011
This diet makes sense, and everything is explained very well throughout the book. However, eating that much before 9am is just *too difficult* for me to do consistently. It does work though, when I do it properly. I have lost weight with this diet, and I'm rarely hungry for dinner. Like I said, it makes sense, and it works, so it's worth a try, but like any diet, it's hard work and you have to *want* to do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Increases knowledge of how your body works and helps gain cotrol over food. (Does need adjustments to meet individuals needs), February 13, 2014
I bought this book because I had gained a lot of weight over christmas and I was feeling really low after having a never ending bout of glandular fever. I thought that eating in sync may help me with my energy levels and how I reach for sugary foods to give me energy boosts. AND IT DID!

The first few days were rather challenging and I have cheated on several occasions (particularly when I was out with friends). I also do not feel quite as full as the book suggests that I should in the evenings. However, I increased my liquid intake (being thirsty turned out to be the cause of many of my hunger pangs) and combined this with drinking green tea (natural appetite suppressant) and I am now sailing along 2 weeks later and 6lbs lighter.

I do not follow the diet perfectly. I pretty much choose which veggies I want from whatever group, mostly because I have to go with what I have in the fridge/ freezer at the time. I sometimes have more protein in the afternoon/ evening meals than I should but it does not seem to matter much.

I am now finding the diet a breeze. Really easy to follow, enjoyable, no afternoon cravings for carbs and best of all my energy levels have sky rocketed. I even went to the gym last night which is the first time since September. I realise much of the energy leves stuff may be a placebo effect but basically if it is working I am not overly worried if it is the diet or my brain doing the work.

The caveat I would put with this review is that you need to take the priciples of this but and adjust it until it is maneagable for you. I don't have time to cook loads in the morning, so for me it is a shake, a sandwich and 2 cookies. My husband who lifts weights, has to add more protein in the afternoon to aid muscle repair. And if I ever get back to running then I will probably add a carb sachet before and during long distance runs. Everybody is different so it will not work perfectly for everybody. But take the basics, then twiddle with it until you are satisfied and I am sure it will work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Dr. Jakubowicz!, May 2, 2014
I first read about Dr. Jakubowicz’ 2008 study (the study the book is based on) on a website and was intrigued but did not realize she had written a book. One day a couple of years ago I saw this book at my grocery store. I perused it and realized it was based on the study I had read about online. It was cheap so I purchased it. I have dragged it off my bookshelf many times over the last 2 years and thought I should really try this diet but I hate breakfast AND I hate washing, chopping, and etcetera vegetables.
Recently my daughter wanted to start a diet and I dragged the book out once again. I showed it to her and explained the basics. She said okay let’s do it now. I NEVER do anything now – I ponder and plan everything I do – which means most of the time I NEVER do anything. But I found myself cooking chicken, chopping vegetables, figuring out a sweet at 8:00 p.m. so we could start the diet the next morning.
I loved it from the first evening. Not the first morning but by the first evening. I was so full that first morning I felt miserable for a few hours and then I started to realize I wasn’t thinking about food. I always think about food (except when I am actually eating – then I shovel it in like an automaton.) I’ve been on the diet for 8 days and have lost 5 pounds. But better than the weight, I feel fantastic. I have energy to spare and I don’t think about food all of the time.
Dr. Jakubowicz has published more studies with her new affiliation with Tel Aviv University. The results are the same as the original study. Eating a big breakfast and a small dinner is a good way to reduce weight, normalize blood sugar and triglycerides. You can read the studies on sciencedaily.com.
My main reason for writing this review is to tell you if you are thinking about starting this diet, stop thinking and cook your protein and chop your vegetables tonight and start the diet tomorrow! Give the diet a few days, you will stop being too full in the morning but will still not have cravings at night. Hurray for Dr. Jakubowicz and hurray for me.

The Big Breakfast Diet: Eat Big Before 9 A.M. and Lose Big for Life
The Big Breakfast Diet: Eat Big Before 9 A.M. and Lose Big for Life by Daniela Jakubowicz MD (Paperback - December 15, 2009)
$11.95 $9.10