Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 14, 2010
Get incredible! It after many diets, there's not one better than this! I have hyperinsulinemia and this diet is made to my! Now I have never hunger, or anxiety. I can go anywhere without suffering by not to eat something, because I can eat it all... the following breakfast! I'm happy with this wonderful book!
on December 31, 2009
Here is the lastes NY times review pretty impressive
[...]

I'm 32 and I've suffered my whole life the most horrible migraines. I would black out, faint, have numbness in my hand and couldn't talk for hours because the pain was unbearable. It was so normal for me, it was insane. I would have it at least once a week and It would last for 2 or 3 days leaving me useless for the rest of the week. I tried numerous treatments and analgesics. My stomach was the one who suffered the most. Not to mentions all the money I spend on expensive scans and other exams. There was always the fear that it would be something more serious. My Mom read Dr. Daniela's treatment a couple of year ago because of her type 2 diabetes. It never cross my mind that her diet could help me.. I was one of those women who never had the time for breakfast and thought YUK!!!. But after I read an article about the BB diet I thought "well what the Hell!! let's see if this really works"... I must say I was really skeptical because I've tried EVERYTHING or at least I thought I did so the idea that there was a chance that by having some ham in the morning would change my headaches was simply stupid!!! So I started to do the diet and it was like magic!! first I have to say that the fact that know understand how my body works without being a Dr. is pretty amazing, Second my migraines have left the building!!!!!! I haven't had an episode like that in months. Not to mentions that I feel really good. It took me a little time to get use to it. But it has been a life changing experience!! know that I have this book what can I say is the best!!!!
on May 2, 2014
I first read about Dr. Jakubowicz’ 2008 study (the study the book is based on) on a website and was intrigued but did not realize she had written a book. One day a couple of years ago I saw this book at my grocery store. I perused it and realized it was based on the study I had read about online. It was cheap so I purchased it. I have dragged it off my bookshelf many times over the last 2 years and thought I should really try this diet but I hate breakfast AND I hate washing, chopping, and etcetera vegetables.
Recently my daughter wanted to start a diet and I dragged the book out once again. I showed it to her and explained the basics. She said okay let’s do it now. I NEVER do anything now – I ponder and plan everything I do – which means most of the time I NEVER do anything. But I found myself cooking chicken, chopping vegetables, figuring out a sweet at 8:00 p.m. so we could start the diet the next morning.
I loved it from the first evening. Not the first morning but by the first evening. I was so full that first morning I felt miserable for a few hours and then I started to realize I wasn’t thinking about food. I always think about food (except when I am actually eating – then I shovel it in like an automaton.) I’ve been on the diet for 8 days and have lost 5 pounds. But better than the weight, I feel fantastic. I have energy to spare and I don’t think about food all of the time.
Dr. Jakubowicz has published more studies with her new affiliation with Tel Aviv University. The results are the same as the original study. Eating a big breakfast and a small dinner is a good way to reduce weight, normalize blood sugar and triglycerides. You can read the studies on sciencedaily.com.
My main reason for writing this review is to tell you if you are thinking about starting this diet, stop thinking and cook your protein and chop your vegetables tonight and start the diet tomorrow! Give the diet a few days, you will stop being too full in the morning but will still not have cravings at night. Hurray for Dr. Jakubowicz and hurray for me.
on December 13, 2009
I really like this book. I had been Daniela's patient and lost 40 pounds once and never gained them back. I moved to the US and was having a hard time finding the right recipes for my breakfast and this book is just wonderful. This gives me so many choices now!!
This diet really works! I did it, lost 40 pounds, had twins and kept those pounds off without any sacrifice. It is a life style that changes the way you feel about food!, I recommend the book and the diet to anyone trying to take off those extra pounds and especially to those who want them off for life.
on January 19, 2010
I haven't written an amazon review before either, but wanted to give my honest opinion about this book. I ran across an article a couple of weeks ago on how a big breakfast can help you lose weight. I came across this book and thought this was the answer to the 30 pounds I needed to lose. I was very excited and couldn't wait to get it in the mail (the price was good too). The book is a pretty fast read and it kept my interest. Gives you several recipes and meal plans for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I saw you can eat dessert every morning, I was on board because I love my sweets. The first day went pretty well even though I started to crave carbs in the late afternoon. The one thing about this plan is that it is a low carb diet, only 2 servings of carbs plus the sweet every day. You don't eat carbs after 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. (depending on the season - 9 a.m. Spring/Summer & 10 a.m. Fall/Winter). The end of the second day I felt tired, craving food/carbs really bad (not craving sweets though). Made it through and the third day I noticed I was depressed, out of sorts and just didn't feel well. That is when I decided this isn't going to work the way it is laid out. I will take some of the concepts, like eating upon waking (she recommends within 15 minutes), and having more protein and a bigger breakfast to keep you from binging later on. I am incorporating carbs at lunch and dinner but I am careful about what kinds and how much. I do like her concept of eating a lot of veggies/salads at lunch and dinner and getting your fruit in. I think this plan will work with modifications. If you are used to eating minimal carbs, it could work for you, but if you exercise late afternoon, like she recommends, you could feel a little woosy with no carbs (I did).

I am now going to read "Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat," which takes a non diet approach and helps you break the emotional eating/food addictions which I have been suffering from for so long. I know the Big Breakfast Diet also takes about being hungry all the time and carb addictions, but a little too restrictive for me. In all honesty though, I did lose two pounds in one week, which I am happy about.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2011
This is the best diet book I ever read, seriosly is amazing the information that it has...plus the loss weight benefk,I have almost two months whit the plan and I had been losing 20 pounds!
on October 31, 2010
I bought this book after reading an article about how eating a big breakfast every morning is proven to have better results that the traditional low carb approach. I did modify the diet slightly...I dont eat the morning sweet because I dont really have much of a sweet tooth. The day I did add the sweet, I craved food all day... so I leave that part out. I have a hard time losing weight, but I have lost 13 lbs already in only about 4 weeks! Yay!! And I havent been real good about exercise.. only once or twice a week.
It is so much easier to make smart choices for lunch and dinner when you are not really hungry, so it's super easy to stick to!
on September 17, 2013
I first heard the author on a radio show and then sought out the book. I have been following her diet plan for 3 weeks now and feel so much better and am losing weight steadily. I truly do not get hungry later on and I do not crave sweets at all.
on July 7, 2013
Luckily I like eating breakfast and I usually get up early on work days, this means I can fit in the recommended food for breakfast easily.Once my body got used to the meals it was great, definitely don't get hungry during the day. The book has a lot of interesting information along with the eating programme, so makes for good reading. I do need to be organised so food is ready 'to go' for meals, so I am eating the correct types and quantity of food. (I'm generally rather lazy in the kitchen and grab, what ever is quick and easy) When I stick to the formula, I average a loss of 100 - 150 grams a day, which I am quite happy with. Adding regular exercise, would increase my loss, haven't managed to motivate myself on an exercise programme yet.
on September 26, 2014
Having tried almost every diet known to man I was intrigued by this book. Who wouldn't enjoy a "Big Breakfast" as a diet? Daniela Jakubowicz's previous diet book was a blockbuster best seller in South America, & she backs up her beliefs with test results, etc. The main premise is eating most of your calories early in the day, but some of her suggestions for sweets fly in the face of common dietary thinking. My take-away from this book is eating most of my calories early on, then limiting amounts as the day wears on.