Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > TH1RT3EN forum

The Big Four's newest efforts

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2011 6:22:43 AM PST
A-Bomb says:
Not counting Megadeth's actual newest effort, Thirteen, what order of effort would you rate the Big Four band's newest efforts.
Slayer's World Painted Blood, Metallica's Death Magnetic, Megadeth's Endgame, and Anthrax's Worship Music.
Do not compare the band's to each other cause then everyone would obviously pick Slayer at the top, but rather compare each band to their own previous works. (Act like the other bands don't exist when making your judgement on effort)
I'll eventually post my own judgements later in the post.
Let me know what you all think and why.
Feedback much appreciated!

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 8:48:51 AM PST
endgame, death magnetic, worship music, world painted blood. i was impressed by all 4 but thats my order

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 10:41:15 PM PST
theshape1 says:
Death Magnetic, Worship Music, World Painted Blood, Endgame. \m/

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 4:41:36 PM PST
Metalhammer says:
Why are you not counting Thirteen? I actually would put Slayer at the bottom of that list, no offense to Slayer fans I just don't really like them. Although you can't really beat Raining Blood's opening riffs, awesome.

My order; Thirteen, Worship Music, Endgame, Death Magnetic, World Painted Blood.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 5:37:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2011 5:38:16 PM PST
A-Bomb says:
thirteen is like a farewell album with songs previously released as bonus tracks on remastered albums. It's an extremely half-@ss effort on Megadeth's part and should not be part of the Big Four newest efforts discussion. You are putting Thirteen as a better effort than Endgame?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 11:42:57 AM PST
Thirteen is by no means a half ass effort...New World Order and Millennium of the Blind are old demos but fit perfectly well with the album...not to mention the rest of the cd is killer. But no, i would not put it above Endgame. Endgame: 9.5, Thirteen: 8

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 12:51:16 PM PST
Metalhammer says:
Oh boo freakin' hoo. So they took some old demos and completed them. Who cares? Personally as a fan who likes to have every good song, and doesn't want to buy an album twice just for a bonus demo, I'm happy with what they did. The songs all work well together. Now if you don't like the album because you don't like it, then fine, but complaining because they put some songs not availible on a regular album on here, and completed them is just a weak argument.

And, yes. I'm putting this one ahead of Endgame, because the songs to me are better. I'm not taking anything away from Endgame. that is a good album, but if I were ranking the latest output by the big 4, that's how I'd rate them. Simply my opinion. Everybody has one, and that's perfectly fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 4:34:34 PM PST
A-Bomb says:
I don't think it's a terrible album, but you honestly think it's better than Endgame? Your opinion anyway, but I'm sure people will be saying something if Anthrax, Metallica, or Slayer done something similar like that.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 9:33:29 AM PST
i like 13 a whole lot but to me endgame was a little more complete...id say 13 and united abominations are about the same level to me (which is a very high level), and Endgame is one notch above

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 4:15:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2012 4:20:58 AM PST
I agree with A-bomb. While I like Thirteen (I like all of Megadeth's records) but the entire record sounds like unreleased leftover tracks from all their previous albums. Is this a farewell album? Certainly sounds like it to me. Does that mean it's a bad record? No. It totally rocks and I recommend it to any fan of Megadeth.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TH1RT3EN forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
TH1RT3EN
TH1RT3EN by Megadeth (Audio CD - 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars (228)