5.0 out of 5 stars Love Dora
My kids love this . The aren't even Spanish but because of Dora they know how to speak the language.
Published 4 months ago by Donita Condon

3.0 out of 5 stars My two year old loves it, I hate it
If I hear the Dora opening song one more time...I'll...I'll...there is goes again in my head.

Published 18 months ago by Patrick Copeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Dora, May 13, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars My two year old loves it, I hate it, February 27, 2013

I would have banned this show from the house a long time ago, but my children are iPad and iPhone computer scientists, who seem to be able to find Dora on 1x wifi connections on a dusty road in Arizona. At the core, this show is super formulaic and annoying in its repetition. I suppose we can't make too big of a deal of this since most other entertainment have some repletion, but Dora takes it to an extreme. How are they going to get to the top of Candy Top Mountain? How!? Who cares! I hope the troll eats them this time. It would be good to show the kids that sometimes plans don't work out. Swiper the Fox get Boot's shoes, and Dora falls into the Swamp. Yes, sad...but a life lesson instead of frosting served on a cloud of saccharin.

Signed,
The Grumpy Old Troll

5.0 out of 5 stars 3Yr Old Can't Get Enough Dora!, June 13, 2013
Kimberly Higgins (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Love this on Amazon prime streaming video - my 3yr old daughter can't get enough of Dora and Boots. She now loves to take her own backpack places and we'll be making a map soon. Great entertainment for the younger crowd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 8, 2013
while i certaintly get annoyed by dora- my daughter loves her! and if i can get 20 min to cook dinner and scrub toilets! im thrilled. Im glad to know that she has a kid friendly show to watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure to keep little ones entertained and educated, June 8, 2013
Kathleen Cabot-Smith "CEO LeadersCore, a Cabo... (New York * Miami * Kansas City * Dallas) - See all my reviews
My granddaughters have both loved Dora. Each episode contains multiple lessons about life and character. Additionally, they are exposed to Spanish as well as lessons about diversity and culture. This provides a great early childhood foundation for learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Baby loves it, June 3, 2013
My baby loves it. she is a great dora fan. she loves all episodes in season1. especially Big Red Chicken.

4.0 out of 5 stars A thought-provoking, fun, flawed episode. I protest on behalf of Swiper!, May 26, 2013
Ullanta (Claremont, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I love Dora, as do my 2 year-old-twins. I think it's a great show for their age. It's sweet and fun.

"Berry Hunt" is a fun episode that the boys love. The song "Going on a Berry Hunt" is much sung by us, and adaptable to many situations. Very catchy.

But towards the end of this episode, Dora busts through a locked gate (well, "abre"s through) to get to Blueberry Hill, where she must be careful, because it's where Swiper lives. After taking berries from a tree right next to Swiper's hole, he appears, and is accused of trying to swipe Dora and Boots's berries.

Certainly Swiper is mischievous in almost every episode, but in this case it is clearly Dora and Boots who have broken and entered, trespassed on Swiper's property, stolen his property, and perhaps harassed his pet bear (or at least put his life in danger from the freezing water).

I am careful to explain this to the boys whenever they watch, and i hope other parents do as well. It's a great learning opportunity and "teachable moment" about relative perspectives.

Swiper, if you read this, we're with you.

Also, in that train race - what would the other trains have done if they won the whistle? Then they would have had an extra one... wouldn't they have given it to Azul?

3.0 out of 5 stars I respect it for being an innovative children's cartoon, but the show is dated and stupid., January 19, 2013
This review is from: Dora the Explorer Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Dora the Explorer was the interactive children's cartoon of the late 90s that many kids (including myself) were addicted to. A decade later, Dora seems to be the definition of stupid, and then the big question "Why do kids like this?" gets asked. It has catchy upbeat music, rather colorful animation, and a lot of activity. The show was designed to attract kids to the screen like a magnet. But as kids age and learn more about the world and intelligence, they will find Dora is quite an idiot. She can not go 5 feet without checking her map, and most kids of this generation will have no idea what a map is due to the rise of GPS devices. She needs your help to count to 10. She can't even find her monkey when he is hanging from a tree right beside her. I get that the concept of the show is to teach the kids, but Dora doesn't have to be that much of an idiot. Then the animation. As mentioned before, it is colorful. It is also sketchy, rough, and not very detailed... even for 1999. Dora the Explorer is a good cartoon for smaller kids, but most people will cringe 5 minutes after it is cut on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for youngsters who are too young to have seen from the beginning, August 2, 2014
My 30 month old granddaughter loves Dora, and for her to see this show from the very beginning means a fresh set of episodes for her (as the show started before her birth!). We haven't found a single episode she wants to watch over and over yet (as children of this age are wont to do), but I'm sure as soon as she finds it, she'll be doing just that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
Apparently my daughter cannot live without her

The Big Red Chicken