5.0 out of 5 stars 3Yr Old Can't Get Enough Dora!
Love this on Amazon prime streaming video - my 3yr old daughter can't get enough of Dora and Boots. She now loves to take her own backpack places and we'll be making a map soon. Great entertainment for the younger crowd.
Published 19 months ago by Kimberly Higgins

3.0 out of 5 stars My two year old loves it, I hate it
If I hear the Dora opening song one more time...I'll...I'll...there is goes again in my head.

Published 23 months ago by Patrick Copeland

3.0 out of 5 stars My two year old loves it, I hate it, February 27, 2013

I would have banned this show from the house a long time ago, but my children are iPad and iPhone computer scientists, who seem to be able to find Dora on 1x wifi connections on a dusty road in Arizona. At the core, this show is super formulaic and annoying in its repetition. I suppose we can't make too big of a deal of this since most other entertainment have some repletion, but Dora takes it to an extreme. How are they going to get to the top of Candy Top Mountain? How!? Who cares! I hope the troll eats them this time. It would be good to show the kids that sometimes plans don't work out. Swiper the Fox get Boot's shoes, and Dora falls into the Swamp. Yes, sad...but a life lesson instead of frosting served on a cloud of saccharin.

Signed,
The Grumpy Old Troll

5.0 out of 5 stars 3Yr Old Can't Get Enough Dora!, June 13, 2013
Kimberly Higgins (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A thought-provoking, fun, flawed episode. I protest on behalf of Swiper!, May 26, 2013
Ullanta (Claremont, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I love Dora, as do my 2 year-old-twins. I think it's a great show for their age. It's sweet and fun.

"Berry Hunt" is a fun episode that the boys love. The song "Going on a Berry Hunt" is much sung by us, and adaptable to many situations. Very catchy.

But towards the end of this episode, Dora busts through a locked gate (well, "abre"s through) to get to Blueberry Hill, where she must be careful, because it's where Swiper lives. After taking berries from a tree right next to Swiper's hole, he appears, and is accused of trying to swipe Dora and Boots's berries.

Certainly Swiper is mischievous in almost every episode, but in this case it is clearly Dora and Boots who have broken and entered, trespassed on Swiper's property, stolen his property, and perhaps harassed his pet bear (or at least put his life in danger from the freezing water).

I am careful to explain this to the boys whenever they watch, and i hope other parents do as well. It's a great learning opportunity and "teachable moment" about relative perspectives.

Swiper, if you read this, we're with you.

Also, in that train race - what would the other trains have done if they won the whistle? Then they would have had an extra one... wouldn't they have given it to Azul?

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining way to learn some Spanish, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Dora the Explorer Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
My 2 year 8 month old granddaughter is a huge Dora fan. As an Amazon Prime Member, I have easy access to episodes on my iPad 3 via Amazon Instant Video.

My granddaughter now likes to count in Spanish and has developed a small Spanish vocabulary. I think any show that helps expand a child's cultural horizons is worthwhile--especially when the toddlers don't even know that is happening but just focus on the fun and entertainment that the show provides. This is yet another show that proves learning can be fun.

1.0 out of 5 stars said that this show was horrible. and I know he is telling the truth ..., November 23, 2014
my dog, George, said that this show was horrible. and I know he is telling the truth because when ever the show comes on he stops wagging his tail and starts wining. he also hates kittens. once he saw one in the street and chased it. and he hates monkeys...and boots, he eats all of my leather boots and when ever I say boot he starts barking. I do not recommend this for toddlers, my dog, George, is 2 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure to keep little ones entertained and educated, June 8, 2013
Kathleen in Kansas "CEO LeadersCore, a Cabot-... (New York * Miami * Kansas City * Dallas) - See all my reviews
My granddaughters have both loved Dora. Each episode contains multiple lessons about life and character. Additionally, they are exposed to Spanish as well as lessons about diversity and culture. This provides a great early childhood foundation for learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 8, 2013
while i certaintly get annoyed by dora- my daughter loves her! and if i can get 20 min to cook dinner and scrub toilets! im thrilled. Im glad to know that she has a kid friendly show to watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
My son loves to watch Dora. He loves the music and the adventures that Dora and Boots get into.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 22mos. old daughter loves this video!!!, April 5, 2008
Amazon Unbox works great, the pictures are clear. The only negative thing I experieced is that I have to wait for almost 1 hr. & 30mins. to download each episode before I could play it, and my daughter don't have that much patience, I don't know if it is my internet connection but other than that the program is so easy to install and follow, very user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars We really like Dora for our toddler, January 4, 2015
We really like Dora for our toddler. She is not skinny and seductive looking like Disney princesses, she doesn't teach bad attitudes or habits like other cartoons I have seen and fired. She just looks like a cute, chubby little toddler/ little girl who is in good spirits and up for adventure! My daughter has never picked up anything negative from watching Dora!

The Big Red Chicken