Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on May 4, 2010
I received this as a prize in my Graduate literature class and love it! It's a great collection of short, funny stories. My Kindergarten daughter loves it as much as I do. It is a perfect book for beginner or reluctant readers.
on March 10, 2011
This book was given to my 6 year old as a Christmas present. I had him read it (with help, of course) and he loved it so much, it has become his constant companion. He laughs at all of the stories, and is so incredibly proud of himself for reading "a chapter book" that it has helped boost his self-confidence all around. It is a super easy read and is great for beginning readers, and the stories are short and funny. The illustrations are great too!
on March 20, 2012
My kids found this book at the library one day and brought it home. it's a pretty silly book but they really seem to enjoy it. I give it 5 stars!
on January 9, 2013
My son is 8, he asked for all of these books for Christmas. He read this one in 1 night and giggled the whole time.
on May 12, 2013
My daughter read this book out loud to me and her father. She went all the way to the end in one sitting. We were impressed and they laughed all the way through. The rhyming words helped her read. Then I read the author's interview and I have not laughed that hard in a long time. My husband came in to see what was the matter because I was so loud. Very good book.
on December 11, 2015
This is actually ten short stories so it is good for kids who want to read one per sitting and come back to another one. Or they are short enough to read the whole through all at once. The words are easy and there are one or two sentences per page; sometimes just one word. There are no plots or mysteries, and no characters kids can identify with, just the rhymes and illustrations. Young readers may like the rhythms and the picture clues, which are sometimes very funny. But I prefer more storyline, and was slightly disturbed by some of the tales, for instance, a boy who rides around on a bike with a big spike trying to spear the other characters. Andy Griffiths’ illustrations are interesting, covering the full page, even peeking out of the letters sometimes, but I would like them better in color.
on October 8, 2015
My grandkids LOVE this book. We ordered it because The Cat On The Mat Is Flat was such a hit. This one is every bit as good. My grandson could read them both when he was in kindergarten. He's in first grade now and I'll bet he's read them both ten times - not to mention all the times I've read them to the kids. We love it!
on January 6, 2014
Had a similar book by this author that was appropriate for preschoolers, so I thought this sounded fun. It's definitely for students who can read fairly well. That's the only reason I didn't "love" it. I was hoping for more of the same. Still, young readers will like it.
on October 14, 2012
If you have a young new reader, this book is for him! Each story is funny and engaging -- and based on specific phonetic sounds that new readers need to concentrate on. It's helping my son perfect his phonetics.
on April 9, 2013
I bought this book to encourage my 9 year old son to read more. However, the book did not have a lot of words and was not at all what I expected. This book would be good for 5-6 year olds.