From the Inside Flap
Powerful "tools of the trade" for traders and investors of every ilkfrom day traders to position traders to buy-and-hold investors
Trading systems shouldn't be as complex as the markets themselves. But finding a simple trading system capable of filtering out all the noise and extracting gold from the ore of raw market data can take years of frustrating and expensive trial and error. Unless, that is, you have a wise and patient mentor like Peter Pham.
The Big Trade combines Pham's account of his personal journey on the road to trading successand the powerful lessons he learned along the waywith valuable insights into the strategies of some of the most successful traders of all time. He describes how, through years of testing, analysis, and practice, he arrived at the principles and practices that form the basis of his trading systema system with which he has achieved nothing less than astonishing success.
The Big Trade delivers:
- A holistic trading system based on a deep understanding of how the market is structured and how it behaves as well as time-tested trading principles and practices
- A simple, highly effective method for assessing risk and reward and finding high-probability opportunities that's as easy to learn as it is to use
- Basic math and charts that help you to clearly define past trading behaviors for specific stockswithout gimmicks or magic formulas
- Powerful analytical techniques that go beyond traditional price analysis to focus on price trend probabilities across an array of time intervals
- Proven strategies for trading success adapted from trading legends, such as Toby Crabel and Victor Niederhoffer
- Keen insights into human behavior and pattern recognition and how to translate that knowledge to stock trading success.
Arming you with a simple, proven approach to assessing the markets and defining your odds of success when making a trade, The Big Trade is a must-have resource for traders and investors of all styles and levels of experiencefrom novice day traders to seasoned institutional investors.
From the Back Cover
Praise for The Big Trade
"It has never been more important for investorsindividual and institutional aliketo have a firm handle on the nexus between East and West. Fortunately, we have Peter Pham, whose experience allows him to transcend borders and focus on what matters most."
Joshua Morgan Brown, author of The Reformed Broker, (www.thereformedbroker.com)
"A refreshingly honest and direct account of the difficulties of trading and how to succeed. Peter Pham's genuine passion and engaging style makes it not only an easy read but a must-read 'truth' book for all traders. His insightful explanation of the challenges facing traditional technical analysis is one of the best I've read. This is a book that both new and experienced traders will come to value."
Brent Penfold, trader and advisor (www.indextrader.com.au) and author of The Universal Principles of Successful Trading
"Traders have had to battle the markets, themselves, and each other since the dawn of commerce. They now have to battle a new element: machines devoid of emotion and limited in their adaptability but capable of overwhelming people by virtue of speed and often their weight of volume. Peter Pham's refreshingly honest approach to market analysis and trading as a business is a great start for everyone in our strange new market battleground, where all of the old rules still apply and no one yet has figured out what the new hybrid of man vs. man vs. machine will look like."
Howard L. Simons, President of Simons Research