The Biggest Loser Challenge - Nintendo Wii
|Sale:||$51.99 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$17.96 (26%)|
- Players can enter personal information such as age, height, weight and amount of regular exercise to calculate a score that indicates their current health and fitness levels
- Players can elect to workout controller-free allowing for greater focus on the program
- Players can track their progress through the game's calendar, which displays a recommended routine, challenges and nutrition for that day
- Players will be provided encouragement and given tips from trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels
- Players can choose to workout using the Wii Balance Board, stability ball or resistance bands for a more intense program
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Biggest Loser Challenge is an exercise simulation game for Wii, based on the popular The Biggest Loser television series. The second The Biggest Loser video game released for Wii, The Biggest Loser Challenge is designed to evolve along with the player's exercise routine. Featuring the cast and trainers from the TV show, the game's 125+ exercises, co-op play option, Wii Balance Board support, new challenges and customization options provide a fun and healthy exercise outlet suitable for every member of the family, regardless of their weight, physical ability or age.
A New and Unique Biggest Loser Experience for Wii
One of the leading interactive health and fitness video games is back with The Biggest Loser Challenge, exclusively for Wii. Hosted by Allison Sweeney and featuring the training talents of Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels, with this new fitness experience players that are looking to lose a little weight, a lot of weight or maintain their current physique will now be able to enjoy more than 125 exercise moves in six different environments, including "The Biggest Loser" Ranch, "The Biggest Loser" Gym, "The Biggest Loser" Yoga Area and "The Biggest Loser" Boxing Ring.
Driven by the player's use of either Wii Remote and/or the Wii Balance Board the game's workouts include warm ups, cool downs, new cardio boxing, yoga, circuit training (upper body and lower body), as well as core exercises, and allows players to create a custom fitness program or choose from ten preset fitness routines such as Belly Buster and Boot Camp. Many of these exercises can be integrated with stability balls, resistance bands and free weights (sold separately). The Biggest Loser Challenge also features 50 all-new recipes from the Biggest Loser Cookbook to make the game an all-encompassing weight loss tool. Additional features include: a drop-in co-op option for two player workouts, body analyzer functionality (manual input), character customization, new and refurbished challenges, diet and video tips a calorie counter and more.
Key Game Features
- Track Your Progress - Players can track their progress through the game's calendar, which displays a recommended routine, challenges and nutrition for that day.
- Motivation - Players will be provided encouragement and given tips from trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience - Players can choose to workout using the Wii Balance Board, stability ball or resistance bands for a more intense program.
- Know Your Health Score - Players can enter personal information such as age, height, weight and amount of regular exercise to calculate a score that indicates their current health and fitness levels.
- Fun For the Whole Family - The whole family can participate in The Biggest Loser Challenge. Families can link their profiles together to congratulate each other for the accomplishments, or help help motivate members who may not have signed in for a couple of days. The game also allows a player to join in on another player's activity, via co-op play, without interrupting the game.
- The Biggest Loser Club - The game includes a 30-day trial membership to The Biggest Loser Club, a $19.99 value.
Workout with a buddy in co-op.
6 environments with 5 settings.
Preset& customizable options.
Integrate your accessories.
Top Customer Reviews
The scenery in the game should be familiar with anyone who's seen the TV show. The opening screen is an exterior shot of The Biggest Loser Ranch, and throughout the game you'll see familiar settings, from the gym to the Boxing Ring to the locations where they do challenges.
When you start the game, you're asked to create a new profile. You enter your name and if you have a balance board your weight is displayed (warning: unlike other Wii exercise games, this one doesn't conceal your weight, so anyone in the room can see it).
After this, you can allow the program to choose a personalized program for you. This is where things get pretty neat. The first step is for you to go through a 30 minute "fitness test". This basically runs you through a series of different exercises at 5 different levels (light, moderate, challenging, hard, and intense). You perform the exercises as best as you can. The system will use the Wii remote and/or the balance board to check if you're doing the exercises.
At the point where you can't do any more, the system will automatically end the test and recommend that level for you. I really liked that the levels were really accurate--"challenging" really meant challenge, and "intense" really meant intense. For me, by the time I got to the challenging levels, I was already out of breath and sweating.Read more ›
In a couple of weeks, I will update on the progress I do throughout the game because there is so much more to gain from this game, and I look forward to seeing all the many programs. I can feel the burn throughout my body so there must be something to it.
OK this has been a few weeks down....And honestly the game itself is awesome I love it..But the programmers seemed to have rushed things a little there are many problems down the line, the statements are not lined up accordingly(For Example when you win the weigh in, it still says you did not do so well and are up for elimination, some of the exercises they tell you to rest in the middle of jogging?..Read more ›
(1) If you have a hard floor (like mine is hard wood with a carpet in the center), you will need a good yoga mat since you are on the floor on your knees in some moves.
(2) Take your measurements before hand: Neck, Chest, Waist, Hips. You will enter these in after your fitness test. It only allows you to enter whole numbers so you have to round.
The exercise routines are tailored to each specific user by putting you through a fitness test. The longer you're able to perform the exercises in your fitness test to a satisfactory level the more intense the exercises become. When you reach a point where you just can't go any more, the game sets that level as your default for future workouts. What this means is that you don't get the feeling that the exercises on the screen are way out of your league, and at the same time you don't feel like you're wasting your time and not burning any calories. I have found that many times when I want to quit I push myself a bit harder knowing that the game isn't asking me to do things that I can't do. I'm the one that determined what level to work out at.
Another great thing about this title is that it quickly moves you through your routines. The exercises are explained while the person on screen is doing them at full speed. You get to watch them go through two to three repetitions before you have to jump in. This is much more efficient than the slow motion explanations that Wii Fit gives you. The result is that you're still breathing hard from the last exercise when you start the next one. This makes it feel more like an actual routine, and not just a series of unrelated exercises. Don't worry, there's a break every 5-10 minutes for you to grab a drink of water or run to the bathroom if need be.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have never watched the show but I chose the BL exercise program. This WII game does provide a variety of workouts that make me huff and sweat in that 20 minutes. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Jeff T.
I've bought this Wii disc twice now, having somehow misplaced the first one. It's the perfect accompaniment to my exercise plans, and in particular the first time around helped me... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Deb
Its a great game but it has some stuff about it i dislike. For example when I went to take my skills test to see how challenging my workouts can be each week my remote did not... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Laura32
Other reviews mentioned that the controller and the game does not always communicate. I thought it would not bother me, until you get the little snide comments from the game about... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Crystal Shepherd
This is my second time I've bought this game. My 4-year old ruined this the first time. This game is so fun and was very effective on helping me lose weight the first time. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Niki Husick