Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 21, 2008
I was really excited to get this DVD, especially since you can pick your level and make it "last" for 6 weeks while adding new levels and new moves throughout the 6 weeks. Now let me preface this with saying, I am extremely fit. I work out 4-5x a week doing cardio for 30-45 minutes at a time. (And when I do cardio the sweat is literally dripping off me in waves.) I also have been doing sculpting DVDs 2x a week for the past 6 months. This workout kicked my butt! Level one is definitely easy enough for intermediate, yet will still challenge those who are in good shape. I just added Level 2 today, and I actually had to stop the DVD and take a 60 second breather because I thought I would either throw up or pass out! You've gotta work me REALLY hard to make that happen!

My only "criticism" is that I don't think this DVD is appropriate for beginners. However, after reading some reviews it is clear beginners are doing it and thriving on it. My advice to a beginner would be to concentrate on form before you concentrate on reps or how heavy your weights are. In the DVD a lot of the participants have really poor form. (Even though the trainers give them a thumbs up.) Watch the trainer and copy them. Once your form is perfect add weights and/or increase your reps. I'm sure any trainer will tell you they'd rather you do one really good move than 10 of the same move with poor form.

If you want to loose weight and you stick with this DVD I can't imagine you wouldn't change your life and body. And on the same token, if you are already in shape this DVD will add variety and excitement to your workout as well as giving you a really challenging workout.
55 comments306 of 312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2007
The training gang are back again with another workout, but this is pretty much all toning. It's about 50 minutes and it works you from head to toe. These guys don't mess around and you will work hard (but even though you are sore the next day, you want to keep at it because you know it will give you great results).
You can do a 30 minute level 1 workout or a 50 minute level 3 workout so as you get stronger, the workouts get tougher and you will avoid plateaus and boredom. This feature will keep you moving up the strength scale and keep challenging you. They suggest you need weights within about a 3lb to a 10lb range and if you are new to weight workouts, then you want to start light. These guys are very motivating but yet they make it fun. The contestants from past seasons are working out too and that is also motivating. I really like this and can't wait to do it again.
11 comment218 of 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 15, 2008
I am such a big fan of the Biggest Loser Series. I have The Biggest Loser 1, Cardio Max and now this is my third DVD.
As always, the DVD is fully customizable, so that you can workout as long as need or have time to workout.
The instructors (First 20 minute is Jillian, second 10 minutes Bob and third 10 minutes is Kim) are all clear, consise and enthusiastic. Their encouragement is not chatty or irritating. I find it to be fun yet professional.
As for the workouts...good grief! I workout 5-6 days a week, two of those days being devoted to strength training. This DVD works every single muscle that I need it to and I feel like I'm accomplishing a great deal each workout. My arms were burning at the end of Jillians Workout and then on to Bobs. By the Kim's session, I was pooped! I didn't finish it, but I appreciate that because it gives me something to work toward. There are some standard exercises (bicep curls, shoulder lifts), some combination exercises (shoulder raises while squatting), and also some non-traditional exercises like lifting out your arms in a V and then back in..that one is a killer! (I left out that there is a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down on the DVD)
I feel stronger and leaner and my arms show improvement.
Worth every penny!
0Comment42 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2007
Bought this along with the Cardio DVD and all I can say is wow.

All 3 trainers are here just like in the Cardio and it doesn't take long before they start making you sweat! The great thing with this DVD is you can pick your poison with a 20 minute level 1, 10 minute level 2 and 10 minute level 3 sculpt workout. For a real challenge sign up for all 3 and hit play!

It won't take long before your muscles are screaming and the sweat is rolling off your forehead. Lot's of lunges in this along with biceps and shoulder presses. All the good stuff is in here.

I have no doubt that combined with the Cardio DVD just released, you can lose some serious weight with these.
11 comment89 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2008
The Biggest Loser Workout: Power Sculpt

I found this to be a pretty good workout. I've just started strength training again and found most of the exercises to be challenging esp. those in Bob's section. I do like that the exercises keep the heart rate up, but the pace and multiple movements can compromise your form which means you won't be getting the true benefit of the exercise and/or possibly end up hurting yourself. So you have to be careful.

Another thing, for exercises done one side at a time - they aren't always done evenly. Be sure to count and do the same number of reps per side.
0Comment62 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 20, 2008
You think because this is from some reality show it's going to be fluff? No way. The beginner workout is tough but doable (weeks 1-2). The week 3-4 workout is difficult at best. The week 5-6 workout forget it. You're dead. Everything's done from plank and push-up position.

But, it's a good pain. I've seen serious results just after a few weeks in terms of my overall strength, especially my core.

My only complaint is that some of the routines seem rushed and they don't do enough reps in some of the routines. Some of them you want it to end and end now but others they just whip through it. I think the lunges are done too quickly and you have to be careful of your knees when you are just starting because the stability isn't there yet. Man, these guys love their lunges though.

The price-to-pain ratio on this DVD is perfect though. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to get started with dumbbells weights and then continue to be challenged as they progress.
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2008
I have tried my fair share of workout DVDs and this is by far the best. My other exercise DVDs are usually collecting dust after one or two uses, but this one has kept me coming back AND I'm losing inches and pounds after just 2 weeks! The instructors are wonderful and very inspirational. Totally nonthreatening set up/instruction and fun to work out along side. I use the "Maximum Results" program- only 35 mins for level 1. Gets the heart rate up and love the routines with the weights. Each move incorporates upper and lower body so you are able to target many muscle groups with each movement plus alternatives are offered if the movement it too hard or too easy for you. Only complaint- I'm not a fan of the music in the background, but it is easy enough to tune out. All in all, I highly recommend this DVD.
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2008
I work-out avidly by doing other body sculpting routines (by Jake) and running frequently. Overall, I am in excellent shape. However, this work-out kicks butt. I felt the pain and burn the same day as well as the next day. My only criticism of the work-out is that the movements are quite rapid with the weights and the instruction on body mechanics is poor. My back really hurt after completing the work-out due to the use of 10 pound weights and quick movements. The video does call for heavier weights, but it may be more beneficial to use lighter weights until accustomed to the movements. I played the work-out with trainer instruction, which apparently did not guide me well enough. I will be more careful when I do the work-out next time and pay very close attention to the core.

I felt the levels did progress and were ranked appropriately, unlike other reviewers. If the movements are done correctly, the intensity of the levels do increase with each trainer. I could barely keep up at the end and I am used to 50 minute routines without a problem. I would definately recommend this work-out DVD to those who are serious about training and/or weight loss. I am only interested in the former and not the latter. I can really see why these trainers produce results on the show. Yet, I
33 comments16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2008
This is power sculpt workout will make you work. I can tell you that you will sweat and your muscles will burn! I alternate this workout with The Biggest Loser Workout: Cardio Max 6 days a week and Fat Free Yoga - Lose Weight & Feel Great w/ Ravi Singh & Ana Brett NOW W/THE **MATRIX** MENU OPTION!!! and Crunch - Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend at least 2 times a week. I have been doing this routine for 5-6 weeks now and have dropped 15 lbs. Hallelujah! I am grateful to have established a routine that works and can I do it in my own home. P.S. I ignore most of what the instructors say that is not pertinent to the exercise at hand. If you get too involved in what is spoken in general to the biggest loser's contestants it gets a bit annoying. Remember the goal... The workout does work :-)
11 comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2008
This is a great work out. Jillian starts you of with warm ups, and the first 20 min workout. I love every second of Jillians workout- great instruction- what a friendly and motivating instructor. I have an use all of jillian's workout dvd's but I like her in this one the most. Then Kim has a 10 min workout. I find Kim a bit annoying, but she still gave a great work out with good instruction and a good ab workout too. Then Bob has a 10 min workout which is a killer after doing the other two! theres a 5 min cool down, which honestly should be longer. The dvd is programable so you can select what workouts you want to do. you can also shut off the instructors talking but I've never wanted to do that. I really love this DVD- I love seeing the contests workout because you think- hey if they can do it- I can do it! After buying and using this one I bought the cardio max which I'm looking forward to useing!