4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD for beginners and couch potatoes
There are 4 16-minute walks on this DVD, and a short, standard cooldown session. The DVD comes with a tracking card where you can record your workouts and how many miles you have walked so far.

Walk 1: Bob - The standard basic steps, no sweating. Feels like an easy aerobics session.
Walk 2: Sione - Walk with weights, some upper body workout involved...
Published on December 11, 2010 by Fantazy

3.0 out of 5 stars Provides variey, but comes across as amateurish
Published on April 26, 2011 by TamarinaDC

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD for beginners and couch potatoes, December 11, 2010
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)

Walk 2: Sione - Walk with weights, some upper body workout involved.
Walk 3: Bob - Higher cardio workout with jumping jacks and skater movements.
Walk 4: Tara - Light upper body workout with a medicine ball.
Cooldown: Tara and Sione - Leg and arm stretching.

I tried all 4 walks and the cooldown on my first try, overall I found it quite enjoyable, with low impact for the knees. This is really a beginner DVD, but it is easy to bring it to an intermediate level by adding jumps and crouches with the steps, moving your arms around at the same time, and using heavier weights or even weights you can attach to your legs or wrists. My favourite sessions were Walk 2 and 3, because of the upper body workout, and the high cardio with Bob.

If you do not own a medicine ball you can use a heavier weight instead which you can hold with both hands. If you do not own weights, you can still go through the workouts, as they show how to do the moves without them, but I recommend having a pair to have a much better, useful workout.

I wear a BodyMedia FIT (aka the BodyBugg) and it recorded a total of ~6,500 steps for all 4 walks, and a calorie spend of ~425 calories (if you do the "intermediate" level moves).

Note: This DVD also comes with a few rebates and special offers inside, such as a code to download for free the Biggest Loser Workout Mix Top 40 Hits Vol. 1 (a 1h mp3 compilation to drive you through any workout), a rebate for the Biggest Loser Meal Plan and Know Your Number Health Score subscriptions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Walking Indeed!, December 3, 2010
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
I ordered Power Walking because I wanted to supplement my workout. I thought it would be easy. There was no "taking it easy" with this DVD. I thought I did power walking but this was a whole new level of walking. I tried it out yesterday and I will say it is an excellent DVD for Beginners. If you don't finish the whole mile then do what you can and gradually build up.

The current season people are in this and several others from earlier seasons. Tara and Simone (from a previous season) do the cool down.

It has a three week program to follow in which by the end of 3 weeks you will have walked a marathon (27 miles). There are four 1 mile walks about 20 minutes long and a 5 minute cool down. Somedays you do 1 mile gradually working up to 2 miles.

If you want to supplement your current workout than I would say purchase it. If you are a beginner to exercise this is the DVD for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Low Impact Cardio, December 2, 2010
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
I love Biggest Loser Power Walk, It's great for days when i want to take it easy and just do low impact. It adds a burst of cardio in between walking the mile and light weight training. I definitly recommed this dvd for anyone who is starting out of just wants to take it easy every other day. But you still get a good workout.:)

5.0 out of 5 stars OVERWEIGHT? NEED LOW IMPACT? THIS WORKS PEOPLE!!!, February 22, 2011
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
Sure. If you are a frequent runner or workout daily already, this may not be the workout system for you. But if you are (were) like me and need a low impact workout because of a knee injury and obesity, then this is the PERFECT way to get started. My husband (who is also overweight) & I do this everyday and every night and we have seen AMAZING results! You cannot cheat yourself by doing it half way. You must do the exercises properly and be committed to a better you, and you WILL see results. It shows you how to do the workout in a modified form as well as "full out". After doing this CONSISTENTLY for 4-5 weeks, I have been able to do a fast run in place for the first time in 10 years. Bob Harper is GREAT & he makes the workout tons of fun. They also selected great music for the workout so it doesnt get boring. I am thrilled with my results and my co-workers are noticing my progress. I have lost 25lbs & 2 dress sizes since Jan 3rd & I have no intentions of looking back. Do yourself a favor & get with the program.

P.S. Get yourself some hand weights, because you will need them for the second exercise. I will also say, that I get kinda frustrated with Quiones, the guy who leads the second exercise because he is not good at telling you to transition to the next exercise before its time to actually transition. This is not really a huge deal, because I pretty much know the routine by heart now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Provides variey, but comes across as amateurish, April 26, 2011
TamarinaDC (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
I bought this DVD in order to have some variety from the Leslie Sansome videos- she's great, but after a while, she bores. I liked that the video has four separate 1 mile workouts, but I don't like that the people walking seem to get confused by the instructions. Further, the 2 former contestants (I guess that's who they are- I don't watch the show) who lead the 2nd workout also came across to me as semi-clueless. They appear to be students who have taken a number of classes, so they're just repeating the things they've heard their instructors say. To me, there is a real difference in the quality of instruction between the trainer (Bob, I guess is name is?)and the two contestants. On the plus side, I did enjoy the different upper body boxing-derived moves, and the sprints at the end of the miles were an interesting surprise (I hope my downstairs neighbor had already left for work before I started my "sprint in place"). I will continue to use the DVD for variety, but will probably look to use Leslie's walks most days of the week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Walking DVD I've Ever Owned, January 3, 2011
R. Esposito (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
Wow! This sure turned out to be a good buy. I hate cardio and have to force myself to squeeze in 20 minute workouts throughout the week, so for me the four 16-minute miles are perfect. For reference, I own, or have owned, walking workouts by Leslie Sansone, George Foreman (with Petra Kolber), Debbie Rocker, Madeleine Lewis, Kathy Smith, Chris Freytag, and Tamilee Webb. I'm too uncoordinated for dance-style aerobics, so I have a LOT of walking DVDs and this is by far the best one yet.

Bob leads workouts #1 and #3 and they are both great routines. I didn't think I'd get much use of workout #1 but it's really not as easy as one would presume. It's easy in terms of moves but it has a fairly brisk pace and Bob constantly pushes you so it's no walk in the park. Workout #3 ups the intensity with high energy and higher impact moves (low impact modifications are shown throughout the DVD). I love workout #3. It's 16 minutes well spent. No equipment is needed for either of Bob's workouts.

Sione leads the second workout and it's one of the better rounded strength walking routines that I've done. He hits a lot of upper body that, at least in the walking DVDs I own, often get missed. A set of light hand weights (I used 4 lbs.) is needed for this workout.

My least favorite workout is #4, the one led by Tara. She is very personable and pleasant but she has trouble keeping the beat while talking, and her cuing is hit and miss. Luckily, since it's a walking workout, the poor cuing does not ruin it and it's easy to get back on beat. That said, I doubt I'll do this one often. This workout requires a medicine ball which I substituted with one 5 lb. hand weight.

This DVD will be in high rotation in my workout regimen. I love it! For those of you who, like me, can't do dance aerobics with complicated steps, this DVD is a must have for your video fitness collection. Pure gold. Thank you Bob Harper and the Biggest Loser crew!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great walking workout, April 19, 2011
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
I purchased this DVD for days I wasn't able to walk outside. I've decided I get a better more intense workout inside with this than just walking outside. When I walk alone I tend to slow down. I always have good intentions but I generally listen to books on tape as I walk and I don't keep my speed up. Thought I was doing good until I "walked" this DVD. My heart rate was up faster with the workout than with my walking outside. Also since I walked faster I was able to walk the same distance in a shorter time. So now instead of setting aside 45min. I can do my workout in 30min. I really like the feature that lets you combine the 4 workouts in the combination you want. Mile 1 is a great start up for any one that hasn't done much exercise. It eases you into it. Mile 3 is a pretty good workout. I'm sure all of these are easy for the real athletes out there but they are perfect for the less athletic of us. And since it only take 16 min. to do a mile - you can push yourself when you are just starting to stay with it. Bob's demeanor is spot on. Not a bunch of corny jokes that you get tired of the third time you hear it. Just calm instruction. There is also a music only feature if you have the routine memorized and don't need the directions. I was going to buy a treadmill but I am so happy with this I am wondering if I really need to go through the expense and loss of space when I get a good workout and all it cost is the price of a DVD and no ugly equipment in my living room.

4.0 out of 5 stars A walking video that doesn't make you fall asleep!, January 14, 2011
I have tried other walking videos and they tend to be boring. I think the pace of this video, the cast/trainer and the setting keeps it moving at an easy pace. Yes an easy pace even though there are "cardio bursts" the workout requires little exertion. I use it on my "rest" days as a simple workout.

If you are just starting to exercise or you need a low impact workout then I recommend this video. If you want it for a serious cardio burn look to one of the other Bob/Biggest Loser videos. The different levels give it variety and they offer modified moves throughout.

The only draw back for me is that I downloaded it which apparently does not give you options for which level you want. If I hadn't done all four mile segments in a row I wouldn't have known there was a cool down at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love to Power Walk, January 8, 2011
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
Due to bad knees and hip plus living in New England I love this dvd. My heart rate was up and I had a good sweat going on and I only started the first mile. One customer stated that she thought it was boring and no one was smiling, honestly who smiles when they work out and bored far from it. I also love the yoga and 30 day Jump Start. Keep them coming Bob!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Power up your heart and Power down your weight by Walking, December 4, 2010
G. Max Gooding (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Power Walk (DVD)
This is a DVD that is designed to meet your basic exercising needs, especially if your job mainly involves just sitting behind a desk all day. You will find that the power walks can help you to stay healthy without too much stress on the body. This is especially true if your metabolism has been slowing down, as is the case as your body starts to mature beyond the thirties.

I really like the low impact cardio that this DVD provides, it lowers blood sugar and cholesterol naturally (without the use of tablets) and leaves you with that extra energy to get through the day. At first when you start with Walk 1, you may feel that Bob wants to drain you out, but after a few days, you will find that your body starts to enjoy this and calls for more.

At this point you can step up to the next level of the walk. So as you overcome each level, you can take a up a notch on the DVD. There are 4 levels in all. I recommend it, especially if you are a couch potato.

The Biggest Loser: Power Walk
The Biggest Loser: Power Walk by Bob Harper (DVD - 2010)
$14.98 $7.99