‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bionic Beauty of a Movie!, July 9, 1999
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I love this movie, I grew up watching both the Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman, my only disappointment is that you can't buy the individual episodes on VHS. I've searched for years but to no avail. I keep hoping that with the expanding list of released TV shows on VHS that someone will finally wake up and realize that Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers where 1970's icons! This movie is actually a two part episode of the Six Million Dollar Man that is used as a vehicle to introduce Jaime Sommers as his longtime sweetheart. I don't need to go into detail as to what happens to both Steve and Jaime but diehard bionic fans will know, but it is a touching reminder that we are all mortal, no matter what. The influx of fan mail after this episode aired inspired the tv industry to realize they had another gem on their hands and the creation of "The Bionic Woman" was realized. Come on Universal wake up and open the vault on these classic episodes...my only suggestion is keep Max (short for Maximillian...dollar amount pun intended) the Bionic dog in the kennel...I knew the show was in trouble and going to end when they brought that mangy mutt on board!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bionic babe, October 23, 2003
ArtSpiker "pegasusblue" (above the delicatessan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
At 32 years of age, I have to say that today's TV shows do not compare to the shows I watched as a child. One of my favorite shows as a kid, and heck, even today, may be The Bionic Woman. Lindsay Wagner is just a unique woman, no other actress compares. What happened to all those wonderful and imaginative TV shows like Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, and Wonder Woman? The only way to see them is reruns on TV. This tape is available, but who really buys VHS anymore? I want all of the Bionic Woman on DVD. The company that owns the rights to this show should realize they are sitting on a goldmine, and release it on DVD. I remember I had received the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman dolls for Christmas one year, it was the best present ever. I wish I had kept those dolls.
I want to see Jaime Sommers run with the Bionic Dog. I want to see her fight the Bionic Bigfoot. I want to see her rip telephone books in half and jump from windows. But most of all, I want to see the lovely Lindsay Wagner whenever I please, simply by popping in the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of televisions best original love stories, August 2, 1999
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I have been a fa of The Bionic Woman since it first aired in the 70s. And for years I've wanted to have a videocassette of Jamie's origin as The Bionic Woman. I didn't know it was available on VHS until a couple years ago. Needless to say, I ordered it immediately and enjoyed watching the two-part episode as much as I did when I was a child. Lindsay Wagner made that role her own. You really care about the character, before and after her skydiving accident. And how tragic it was when her body began rejecting her bionics and she died. As a child, it was the saddest TV moment I'd ever witnessed. It still is for me today. But becase the fans loved her so much, Jamie was brought back to life. Happy days are here again. Sadly, though, Jamie suffered brain damage and could not remember her love for Steve(the bionic man)and fell for the doctor who saved her life. It's a timeless love story -- and I haven't seen any better over the years. Not even the famous pairing of Luke and Laura on General Hospital. Jamie and Steve had passion. My salutes to them and the incredible actors who portrayed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Go Girl!!!!, February 22, 2001
ernie tetreault (WOODSTOCK CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I HAVE SEEN THIS MOVIE AND PURCHASED IT. I was one of those fans that watched it every week back in the 70's. I would reccomend any fan of scifi to see this series. Too bad that video companys can release crap like POKEMON but you can't have the entire series of the Bionic Woman. Columbia House said that they are thinking about releasing the rest of this series. After all they just released Wonder Woman's whole series. I love Jaime Sommers. She had one of the most lovable characters of anyone on television. 'Doomsday Is Tommorow' is one of my favorite episodes. Too bad there's no exciting shows today!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Meet the Bionic Woman, February 21, 1999
Lynn Paden (tulsa, oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is our introduction to the Bionic Woman, and the talented presence of Lindsay Wagner. Originally a "Six Million Dollar Man" episode, it was thought that if Steve Austin had a girlfriend, and there were tragic circumstances, that it would humanize the big lug. Well, it works! Lee Majors does some fine acting here, as well as do a "fair" imitation of Bogart! But it's Jaime Sommers you look at throughout this two part episode. She is so natural, and witty at this role, that it is no wonder there was a sequel and, eventually a spinoff series made. Richard Anderson gives strong support as Oscar Goldman, the charming boss of OSI. The only problem with this video is that it leaves you thirsting for more, and Universal Studios has not released any more!! (So you know who to email about this, right?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Two of the best episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man!, June 19, 1999
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
The origin of the Bionic Woman is both romantic and tragic! Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner have great chemistry together and the ensuing story really elevates this series like never before. The release of this video will have fans thirsting for more uncut episodes of their favorite bionic couple. Where's Bigfoot when you really need him huh? C'mon Universal we crave more classic 70's bionic action!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BIonic Woman, June 2, 2004
M. B Evans "Fusionman" (Madison, Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a great intro to the Bionic Woman series, and also the Six Million Dollar Man. I grew up watching these two classic shows. I can believe that they are not already out on dvd. But you know what. They are out on region 2 in the UK and Europe. For those of you out there not familiar with region 2 dvd formats, and PAL, they will not play on region 1 dvd players, in which we have in the US. Why Europe has them all and we in the US do not? I really dont have the answer to that. I wish I did. If you can get your hands on this tape, I recommend you do so. Its all we have, at least until Universal wakes up and decides to put these classic shows on dvd. But, when will that be?

4.0 out of 5 stars "Bionic" Blast from the Past!, March 23, 2002
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This two part episode of "Six Million Dollar Man" is a real treat. Just hearing Lee Majors sing is worth the price. I can't believe that this show was the "coolest" in its time. (Then again, I can't believe I'm 37!) Majors and Wagner are good together, and the video makes you hunger to revisit some more of these episodes. Why Universal has only released these particular shows is beyond me. Universal Playback, their European distributor, has many episodes of both "SMDM" and "Bionic Woman" available, but in the PAL format. It's time for Universal to open the vaults and make these shows available to fans in the U.S. I'm sure there are many people like myself who want to see Jaime Sommers fight the Fembots and Steve Austin slug Bigfoot! UNIVERSAL- get it together!

5.0 out of 5 stars Give Me More, October 17, 1999
Hey everyone,
The Bionic Woman along with The Six Million Dollar Man are gems in tv history. With excellent acting, storylines (apart from Max - The Bionic Dog, which I suppose wasn't too bad, he was cute) and of course some of the greatest tv music and sound effects.
This two-part episode introduces us to Jaime Sommers and how she became bionic. Unfortunately no fembots but what the heck still an excellent nights viewing.
C'mon Universal give us what we want - uncut episdoes on DVD or VHS.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bionic Woman: Simply the best!!, September 14, 2003
Guy Allen (Orleans, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I've had this release in my collection for ages and it is a good introduction to Jaime Sommers, The Bionic Woman. However, this is not a good example of what was to come in her own series. The episodes had a lot more action and first-class acting from Emmy-award winner, Lindsay Wagner. The story lines varied from week to week and there was a lot of variety. Lindsay did not want to be typecast, so she made sure she was impersonating someone different every week so that the audience would get used to her in different roles and it paid off; she has been featured in over 50 feature films and made-for-tv movies in the last 25 years. Now Universal needs to get their act together and release DVD season sets of this classic series starring one of the most talented and busiest actresses on television.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS]
The Bionic Woman (pilot) [VHS] by Richard Moder (VHS Tape - 1996)
Used & New from: $6.45