Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > The Blackening forum

"The Blackening" is awesome!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2007 4:47:51 PM PST
C. Wilson says:
I got an advanced copy a couple of weeks ago and I'm thoroughly impressed by this band. Their last cd was a masterpiece, and this one is amazing as well. Although not as catchy as "Through The Ashes of Empires", "The Blackening" is more complex and much more impressive musically. My current favorite songs are "Halo", "Aesthetics of Hate", and "Slanderous", but all are great. The cd opens and closes with two 10 minute songs. It brings back memories of listening to "Master of Puppets" when I was a kid, wondering how the hell a band could make an 8 minute song so enthralling. "The Blackening" is one of the best metal cds I've heard in years. When it comes out in march please buy it and support such progressively impressive band.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2007 9:12:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2007 9:15:31 AM PST
I agree, this is an awesome album!! I was just looking for some songs on the net by Machine Head & i ran across this advance album. Like 'Through The Ashes Of Empires' this album mixes the best with the old & new. I know every band goes through a faze every now and then & they end up puttin out a bad album but i thought this band was gunna go downhill after i heard 'Supercharger' even tho there are a few songs on that album that i could not part with, Machine Head has been ressurected again! And you can guarantee that i will be buying this new album! Im also anxious to hear Chimaira's 'Ressurrection' album i recently obtained.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2007 7:43:22 PM PST
I agree!! This is the most epic and infectious album I have heard in years!! I still dont know how a band thats been around this long can still come out with albums that totally set the standard for many. This album gets stuck in your head and wont let go. I will definately be buying this one!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2007 1:41:35 PM PDT
m.k. says:
im listening to the preview right now on roadrunner australia and this is amazing. technical, catchy, heavy, melodic. i do agree about supercharger being ok but potentially spelling the end of their career and since they've come back with ashes and this, they have solidified themselves as one of the legendary bands of our time. this album actually has me looking forward to going out on a tuesday and buying it in a store, most i just order online. all hail machine fuggin' head!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Blackening forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Blackening
The Blackening by Machine Head (Audio CD - 2007)
4.4 out of 5 stars (116)