Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon April 24, 2008
I loved this story. It all started with a brother helping his little brother out. David Wilding thinks he is in love with a widow with a baby. He can't get along with the baby so he asks his brother to help him. If Jason would watch Amy's child, he could "court" her. When Jason Wilding meets Amy and her son Max, the baby, he falls head over heels in love with Max and Amy as well. There is a slight problem. David has told Amy that Jason is gay.

This was a cute story. I love the worlds Jude Deveraux creates. She makes the impossible not only possible but believable.
on December 27, 2000
This book was poorly written. If anyone other than a best-selling romance writer were to submit this story to a publishing house, it would be immediately rejected. The writing is so poor and the story line is so stupid that it seems to me that this book was only written to meet some type of deadline that Jude Devereaux must have had to meet. I have read other books by her in the past but I will not waste my money (or time) on any more of them in the future.
on October 2, 1999
JUDE!WHAT HAPPENED! You have written some pretty wonderful books (ie The Raider, The Princess) but this one was a stinker. The hero and heroine had about as much depth as a bag of potato chips, the man was to old, and the kid was a spoiled brat. Worst of all though was the notion that anyone could possibly be desperate enough for love that they would tell the heroine that their competitor(and brother mind you) is gay. Come on, I mean where did that come from. Next time Jude stick with the Historicals. You write some pretty awesome ones.
on August 17, 1999
I've never written a review before but I felt compelled by this book. This was by far one of the worst books I have ever read (scratch that - it was the worst book I have ever read). I cannot believe that the same person who wrote A Knight in Shining Armor and Remembrance actually wrote this book. What was Jude Deveraux thinking - was it just time for another book whether you had a good story line or not. The story was totally shallow and unbelievable. Don't waste your money on this book, I was extremely disappointed and even though I loved some of Jude Deveraux's previous novels - I will be very hesitant to buy another one. It was awful.
on November 26, 2000
This was my first Deveraux book, and I must say I won't be reading any additional ones.
As some other reviews have already noted, the plot and characters were totally unrealistic. The book was so unrealistic that it prevented me from being able to become involved in the story as a reader, or to identify in any way with the totally unbelievable characters.
The other thing that bothered me the most was the poor quality of the writing: bad sentence construction abounded, and the writing was generally unimaginative and amateurish.
on December 8, 1998
This story was so sappy it made my teeth hurt! I wish the author who excited and charmed in stories like "A Knight in Shining Armor" would return. Has she been kidnapped by aliens? This plot would lead one to believe so. Totally unbelievable. The usual gullible helplass girl meets rich man who saves her. She's really even too stupid to notice. Oh, and of course it's every day that your Wall Street wonder would just breeze in and start changing diapers and loving your son. That's totally believable! This was the worst story line I've read in quite some time. The only reason I finished the book was to get a laugh and groan out of the characters and their dialogue. Don't waste your money or time.
on February 17, 1999
Reading "The Blessing" left me with a general feeling of ughness that lingers even as I am typing up this review. Unrealistic plot and characters that crashed straight through the ground and past into the Earth's core. Jason (with his lion's mane of gray hair) and Amy are burning from the high temperature!! Don't save them! I, as a devoted Jude Deveraux fan for all my young years, am thoroughly disappointed.
on August 11, 1999
This is the first book I have read by the author. The premise for the book sounded interesting and sweet, formula, but sweet. But, as another review pointed out, David didn't spend any time with Amy.
There was NO, ZERO, NONE, no character development. One minute he's trying to help, the next minute he's professing his love. I kept asking myself, 'Where did that come from?'
It ended dryly. I will admit that some of the dialogue was very funny. They interacted very nicely together. But their building feelings for each other were never mentioned, and then they're in bed together. The author took for granted that the reader assumed they were falling in love. When, it actually seemed like a building friendship.
Amy never even mentioned any feelings or stirrings about him. Then he's buying a ring, buying a house. He was supposed to be an impetuous man, but not a stupid man.
The brothers fought over Amy. But we never got to know the discussion/argument. Did David just give up? Did he just buy the brother off? Eliminating David from the picture was in integral part of the plot, and it wasn't even given a cursory glance.
I had heard nothing but GREAT things about the author. But, I have been scared away by her lack of imagination, lack of depth, and lack of skill.
on July 18, 2016
Jude Deveraux novels are always a hit and The Blessing is no different. You will enjoy it immensely. Although I did find the ending where a 2 and 1/2 year old out paints his mother a little questionable, however, I suppose it is possible.
on August 19, 1999
For anyone who is a Devereaux fan - avoid this book! The storyline is weak, the characters have no depth and for the most part aren't even likeable. This is by far the worst book I've read in a long time.