Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Blue Elephant Cookbook: Royal Thai Cuisine
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 10, 1999
A Magnificent Book from a Refined Establishment The Brussels based Blue Elephant which now includes 7 international branches and is still growing did a magnificent job with this cookbook as always under the guiding eye of its original founder Mr. Karl Steppe.
Exotic recipes include Green, Red and Yellow curry dishes for beef, chicken, lamb, and vegetarian courses. This in addition to delightful and sophisticated trademarks such as the Chicken Souffle, the Tom Yum khung prawn soup, Seafood Cassoulet, the Tod Man Pla fish cakes, crab claws, pad thai noodles, several varieities of stir fry rice, the restaurants star Jasmine Cake dessert, coconut sorbet, and bananna cake.
If you are ever in Beirut, Brussels, Dubai, Copenhagen, Paris, London, Lyon or New Delhi don't pass up the chance to visit the incredible experience of dining at this top notch sophisticated establishment. From the moment you enter a Blue Elephant you will be dazzled by the exotic decor.
on October 4, 2003
This is an extremely beautiful book which I purchased at the London restaurant. However, the recipes I've used have not worked very well, especially in comparison to the fanstastic fare turned out by the restaurant chefs. I feel that Kasma Loha_unchit's books are much better at explaining exactly how to achieve the sophisticated and complex flavors of Thai cuisine.
on July 6, 2014
I actually went to the Blue Elephant Cooking School in Bangkok last month. Not only was it a wonderful experience, but
I was impressed with how professional the presentation was, the cooking equipment, and the choice of foods that we
made. And the lunch was mostly our own work! The restaurant itself is beautiful, and the staff excellent. Nooror Somany
was one of the teaching chefs for the class. I thought their description and demonstrations were done so well, that the whole
cooking challenge was unthreatening! That is what I found lacking in the cookbook. The descriptions of the cooking process for most of the dishes is just too simple and not detailed enough for me. But if you aren't traveling to Bangkok, this book will do.

The book is older, and out of print.....so maybe a new edition is coming, with better descriptions. The photographs are beautiful, and there is a section with market buys and Thai styles in cooking and eating which are very good.
on August 8, 2008
If you like to cook Thai food this book is superb. Lovley recipies with delicious sauces. I thought I was quite good at cooking Thai food, but this book is the best I have seen. We have cooked many of the dishes and are really pleased we bought it.
on October 26, 2015