Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on November 18, 2012
I know this will take some practice, but the suggestions here are quite actionable and should not too numerous to keep track of. I liked the section on how to deal with different personality types, so you can adjust depending on the situation. I would have like to see some example photos or illustrations, however overall the instructions are clear enough without them.
on November 12, 2012
I realize not everyone has as visual a memory and imagination as I do. Yes, the book could benefit from having pictures of the body language in question. As an eBook author I understand some of the present challenges with getting good photos in a Kindle book. If it were made simpler, I imagine the author would be happy to include examples of what he's talking about. With those, I would expect pretty much everyone would bump up their reviews a star. Just know that there are no pictures going in, and you'll get a lot out of this book. Everything the author discusses is explained well. It's a short book, so it is by no means the final word on body language. For the vast majority of people, especially people just realizing that they speak as much with posture and movement as they do with words and tonality - this is a great start. It is a small book with simple, clear steps. If this were part of a much longer book, these are the pieces I would suggest someone focus on first. The list of things is small enough as to avoid being overwhelming. The steps are simple, almost self-evident once you learn them (and to which we are often oblivious until someone points them out and explains them). That makes them easy to learn and easy to implement - at least relative to some of the deeper, more complex books I've been on the subject. This is a book you can read today and start practicing tomorrow. For the average person, there is plenty to work on for weeks, possibly month, and then expect to invest some time in it before it's your new natural. THEN get a more in-depth book. For the money, this is a brilliant start.
on July 27, 2013
Excellent book .... most people should read it...it helps you to grow as a person and as an intellectual being.
on November 11, 2012
This book is an excellent reminder for us to focus on this "other language" called what our body communicates. It is important for us to be aware and spend some time making sure we communicate what we want to communicate with our bodies. We all know about eye contact and good posture and it is good to be reminded of their significance. The author gives us important distinctions to remember as we negotiate through our lives in all domains. I only gave it a four star review because I would have liked to see more in-depth distinctions. The book is a good primer for being aware of how you present in the world.
on November 11, 2012
I'm a person who has always had difficulty reading body language, or understanding how I come across to others. Therefore, this ebook contained a lot of useful advice as to how to improve my posture to give a favorable impression. If you're not quite sure how others see you, this ebook contains information you can use.
on May 10, 2013
I would recommend this book to most of my friends, especially those who own their own businesses and have to interact on a regular basis with customers. Being able to read others will certainly be an advantage for them. Well written, easy to understand and implement.
on January 1, 2013
This was a good basic read. It's not a long book and I read it quickly. I picked up a few good ideas from it although a lot of it is basic. There was enough in it to warrant reading it and I would recommend it to someone who wants a quick overview.
on May 23, 2013
This book is for those who work in an office environment and want to project a sense of leadership. This will give you the body language techniques to do just that.
on November 13, 2012
This is the type of information that everyone can benefit from and it's information from a real expert on the subject!
The author builds a great case for why Body Language is important and then explains with very clear direction
how to implement correct Body Language into your everyday life.

This book gives great instruction on what is good body language and bad body language, when you need to use good
Body Language ... ALWAYS ... and what happens if you don't.

The sections on the Body Language of Social Leaders, Gossipers and Clowns is invaluable information that can used
every day by anybody. However, this book is a must read for anyone that wants to be seen as a leader in their chosen
field of employment. A very impressive set of instructions but the biggest revelation ... it's a teachable skill set that
everyone can learn.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
This is a great book for its price. It gives you the basics needed to succeed in the workplace without going into too much detail. One word of caution, the book makes it clear that in order to succeed, you must "take up as much space as possible", other books that I have read regarding body language in more detail will tell you to be careful as this could also be a sign of arrogance. It would be nice if the book contained images depicting what to do and what not to do. I did enjoy the book overall and would recommend it to those looking to start learning body language.