Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Body Shop Body Butter
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Price:$13.00 - $99.99

I love lemon scent so I chose this based on reputation for a Subscribe and Save pick. As soon as I opened the container I knew something was wrong. The scent was like 5 year old lemon furniture polish that had been left in the garage. It smelled completely spoiled. I tried to use a bit of it and ended up taking a shower to get it off of me. I thought about using essential oils (such as orange or grapefruit) with it but decided not to waste fresh essential oils on a spoiled product.

I contacted Body Shop and was told they no longer make this scent. They told me the container I bought was manufactured in March 2011. They said this would be their extreme end of useful product life. I have no idea what this would smell like fresh but it was intolerable rancid. I can't assess the moisturizing aspect since the awful odor would make any further trials impossible. I threw this container out and cancelled my Subscribe and Save.
on February 4, 2014
I can't decide if this is just bad smelling , or if the smell is so faint that all you smell is the body butter base. I usually get the coconut body butter and love it, but this lemon reminds me little of furniture polish. Not a citrus or clean smell at all - I washed it off right away and would not recommend this scent to anyone. Please please don't let this frighten you from the other scents, but the lemon is terrible.
on July 19, 2014
I can't believe this is the SECOND shipment of this stuff that I've received and this one is as rancid smelling as the first one. The only thing I can think of is that it's being stored in a hot warehouse and is just going bad. Either that, or it's supposed to smell like this and in that case, there is NOTHING lemony at all about this in the least. It smells like old smelly paint. So disappointed!
on May 5, 2012
I love the smell of lemons. When I saw Sweet Lemon body butter, I couldn't order it fast enough. It's a good moisturizer for normal to dry skin. After a momentary greasiness, it absorbed completely and continued to leave my skin soft after washing twice with soap.

Unfortunately, the scent also lingered. The top notes are vaguely citrus-like, but once they have faded, the lingering scent is, I'm not sure what, a bit floral perhaps? Whatever it is, it's not lemon. It's not even citrus. I found the scent odd and off-putting and the butter ended up in the garbage.

Five stars for moisturizing. No stars for the scent.
on December 22, 2011
Hunting around the bargain bins (one of my usual relaxing and interesting OCD times to pass the day) for beauty products at Marshall's, I stumbled upon this unlikely gem with modest unassuming packaging for $5.99. I've never used Body Shop products but have heard great things about them. I'm usually a frequent Bath & Body Works customer but I think I'm going to be a more frequent customer of the Body Shop after having tried out this beautiful product :-) The body butter is 6.75 oz and so has a generous amount for well over two or so months if you use it everyday - a small amount goes a long way!! The body butter is so beautifully aromatic with a feminine fragrance that is long-lasting and smells like a cross between a banana and an exotic flower that does NOT smell like rose or lavender (2 flower fragrances I dislike), based I think on their own perfume: The Body Shop Love Etc...(tm) Eau de Parfum. It is very smooth and spreads rapidly into the skin without any film or greasiness. It has shea butter and cocoa butter in it that really moisturize the skin. Also, I don't find any parabens on the ingredients like I would find on other labels such as Asquith & Somerset lotions and butters and moisturizers. Wonderful product at a great price.
on May 4, 2014
I ordered this Duo to enhance the fragrance of the new formulation of TBS vanilla...the original Vanilla being d/c in 2013/
Using it in conjunction with the current watered down Vanilla EDT amd spash approximates the more robust pre 2013 line.

I remember when the Body Shop launched Avocado and another scent in 1992 and are the originators of body butter. Now practically every company has a body butter.

I have always liked the body butter from the get go. Compared to what's out there now, TBS body butters are not all that expensive now that the designers make them for $$$$. There is a body butter for everyone and they DO work with a minimum of chemicals and the scents to not blow you away,

TBS is having a sale now and buyers get an additional discount if they have a body shop card.

I prefer the Vit E butter as it REALLY delivers what they say it does. The Vanilla Duo has been d/c and I bought mine here on Amazon.

Shelf life is approx 2 years so you can stock up. They are also long lasting and you don't need to use a lot.

Essentially, you ask a sales person to advise which one best for your particular needs, and they will find the right butter.

I came back to using the body butter from TBS because the 'Walmart' stuff is made in China and who knows what;s in it.

TBS is always looking for help and I worked there as an Asst Manager for a few years and got an employee discount!

TBS makes the BEST products!!
on June 13, 2013
It smells lovely. The texture is nice and creamy but not greasy. It feels light in the skin and certainly makes it feel much more smooth, soft and lovely to feel. I don't think I will get out the house without using this body cream or the other creams I recently bought.
on November 1, 2012
This product, (Moroccan Rose), is as advertised, no real complaints. For those curious, however, it is important to note two main issues that may concern you if you're trying to decide to buy or not. 1) The fragrance is pretty intense, i.e. very strong, and may cause you or those around you to have a runny nose. 2) The consistency is quite oily, so don't expect it to soak into your skin...it won't.
on November 4, 2014
This stuff is amazing. Typically I'm not a big fan of lotions and such. I received this as a gift initially and absolutely loved it. It absorbs into the skin quickly and I'm left feeling moisturized, not greasy. The scent is wonderfully subtle, but lasts a long time. It seems like a relatively small container, but it is so rich I only need a little so it lasts a long time.

My mom's feet were extremely dry, calloused, and sore. She left behind drifts of dry skin that felt like sand. This stuff was like magic. Normally she didn't want anyone touching her feet. She loved having this rubbed into them.

I had a number of friends drawn in by the smell of this almond butter and wanted to buy as soon as they tried it.
on March 25, 2013
i am a hand lotion addict (since i usually have alligator skin) - this is the best stuff i have ever used. ever. ever. i shall be buying many more and stashing them in strategic places around my daily life: car/bedside/living room/office

See 1 answered question