Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 14, 2006
Whatever you may think of her today, Whitney's vocal ability on this CD is amazing and would be difficult to imitate by female singers on the radio today. For those who call it anything other than beautiful, where were you and your sordid opinions when the song "I Will Always Love You" first hit the airwaves? Originally recorded by Dolly Parton, Miss Houston's interpretation and impeccable performance of "I Will Always Love You" catapulted her into super stardom. Videos also turned her into an international icon of celebrated proportions as The Body Guard Soundtrack continued to climb the charts, set new records and earn numerous awards. In my opinion, Miss Houston need not prove herself any longer. For even without uttering another note, Whitney will go down in history as one of the greatest voices of all time.
44 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2001
"The Bodyguard" soundtrack is one of the biggest selling albums from the 90's.The 6 cuts from Whitney are all masterpieces.I was shocked to find out She co-wrote "Queen of the Night," along with Babyface.This has got to be one of the hardest rocking songs from Houston,and my favorite from the album."Jesus Loves Me" is another great song not played on the radio."I will always Love you," written by Dolly Parton,is beutifull.This was Kevin Costner's favorite song,and his idea to have Whitney record the number for the soundtrack.The Kenny G/AAron Neville duet,"Even if my heart would Break," is another great cut,but the real killer is "Its Gonna Be A lovely Day," by (The S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M.)A fantastic rap,early 90's,HipHop sound. After almost 10 years,"The Bodyguard" soundtrack is still fresh.It would be great if Costner and Houston got together again for "The Bodyguard,Part2."Whitney's stlye has changed alot since the early 90's,and I think the record and Movie would be a huge hit.
on September 28, 2005
OMG, I love this CD. I love the movie which grossed over $400 million world wide. I still listen to this CD. I have the movie on dvd, the cd and the record. I love Whitney Houston Brown. I grew up listening to her. I was 13 when the Bodyguard hit the scene and I was taken with it. The tracks that Whitney laid were sick. The licks and turns and flows she put on I Will Always Love You were just classic. She ripped that song to shreds and didn't apologize for it. This album continued to define the majesty of the voice of Mrs. Whitney Houston Brown. The way she can make you feel the emotion when she sings is unmatched by any other in our time. Much love for Mrs. Whitney Houston Brown and for the Bodyguard. LOVED IT.
on July 3, 2001
In all honesty the only reason to buy this album is for the songs sung by Whitney Houston. This was Whitney's first movie and she's actually quite good, but nothing is better than her voice. These songs are classic and forever will be remembered by fans and admirers. "I Will Always Love You" is a cover of the Dolly Parton hit from 1974 and 1982. Classic song for Whitney right there, with beautiful vocals and an outpouring of emotion. "Run To You" is equally compelling, the emotional depth of Whitney's ballads is incredible. Same goes for "I Have Nothing", another classic. Some of Whitney's best songs came from this soundtrack. "Queen of the Night" is a fun, early 90's dance song. "I'm Every Woman" is Whitney's take of the Chaka Kahn hit. "Jesus Loves Me" is an excellent gospel song, made for the soundtrack (it wasn't in the movie). Overall these are six classic songs by Whitney which makes this a must buy for fans or anyone who enjoyed the music of The Bodyguard.
on September 3, 2005
S.Khan is obiously tone def if he thinks this is garbage this has to be one of the best, scratch that this is the best soundtract in the world, I recomend this for every one with a CD player, tape player, record player, hell anyone with ears period and ca apreciate good music, obviously S.Khan cant.
on January 2, 2005
This is "a Whitney CD". No doubt about it. Despite Lisa's, Kenny G's efforts...Whitney reigns supreme in this soundtrack.

There will never be a singer as she is.... for me that's crystal clear.
on September 11, 2003
"The bodyguard" probably shows Ms Houston in the pinnacle of her career. Her vocals have finally matured and sound better then ever. The powerhouse megahit "I Will Always Love You" originally written/sung by Dolly Parton spent over 14 weeks at the number one chart, making it one of the longest number one hits on the charts. David Foster is the primary producer of her radio hits, doing his best and succeeds at imitating "Babyface"'s work. The highlights are obviously Whitney's hits, such as the soulful "Run To You" and "I Have Nothing." I also enjoy the down-right FUNKY remake of Chaka Kahn's "I'm Every Woman" as well as the sassy powerhouse hit "Queen of the Night." The second half of the album features such artists as famed Saxophonist Kenny G, soul legend Aaron Neville and her mother Cissy Houston. "The Bodyguard" shows Whitney's voice at her best, and the Gospel track "Jesus Loves Me" prooves that as well. I really reccomend this soundtrack to anyone who enjoyed the radio hits and is clammoring for more Whitney!
on February 11, 2012
Her gift and status during her peak will always be her legacy. We all overcome obstacles to greatness, not all of us overcome our demons. In her day, no one could touch npher impeccable voice and perfect pitch. She had style and class, something that is sorely lacking in the divas of today. If Whitney never sang another note after this soundtrack, she would still be hailed as one of the greatest voices----- period.
on February 13, 2012
Quirky I felt compelled to order a few of your CD's right before your untimely death.
Your music & lyrics & most of all your voice has inspired me & millions other & will continue for generations to come.
A Genius & STAR indeed; my thoughts goes out to your daughter & mother & your family, friends as well as your fans.
I & Everyone will continue to CELEBRATE you Whitney
Love Your INFINITELY Whitney Houston
on December 26, 2004
This is simply a Wonderful soundtrack. I still play this CD today,it just simply embraces the movie. The artist that are featured , Kenny G, Lisa Stansfield, Cole & Civilles and the Star of this film Whitney are Simply The Best,

I Love the following songs, .

1 I Will Always Love You - She (whitney) IS REGAL AND AND EMBRACING.

2. I Have Nothing - Whiteny Vocals Are Simply Supreme

3. I'm Every Woman - (Whitney is in a Class of her own she delivers her soul and depth. She has master the ability to Mega Star Status

4. Run to You - She is once again this song with a supreme excellent

5. Queen of the Night - This song grew on me. It is a departure from Whitney. But, she once again deliver a masterpiece

6. Jesus Loves Me [Version Not in Motion Picture]

7. Even If My Heart Would Break - Kenny G.

8. Someday (I'm Coming Back) - Lisa Stansfield

9. It's Gonna Be a Lovely Day - S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. - I love this song it is uplifting song that just inspires

10. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding - Curtis Stigers = This song is different but it is good part of the soundtrack

11. Waiting for You [Not on US Album] - Kenny G.

12. Trust in Me - Joe Cocker - I had to grow to love this song but it is good part of the sound track and that is it place.

13. Theme from the Bodyguard - GReat Music

Please go out and this sound track especially if you saw the movie if not this is a Classic Piece of Music from some Very Exceptional Artists, writers and Producer.

This soundtrack just raise the bar for Whitney and some of the other artists. AWESOME