Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 15, 2010
This is a great choice for a book club - the intricate details of the first human clone are set in a backdrop of political and cultural references that are real possibilities! How different religious factions responded . . . how cut-throat business practices could tear a family apart . . . science "not-so-fiction" with celebrations of "Dolly" the sheep . . . The questions the author lists on his web-site create the perfect book club conversation starters -[...].
on April 15, 2010
I so enjoyed this book from start to finish. The Book of Adam by Rob Hopper is a fascinating read following the life of the first human clone. It is a futuristic story of life to come when we can control our own health and the possibility of living on forever as a clone. It raises lots of ethical, religious, and moral questions making it a worthy discussion book for all those book clubs out there. The characters are endearing from charming Aunt Louise with her glass flowers, to all the troubled Lilies (you have to read the book to understand), and to the sinister grandfather, Lyle. Well, he is not so endearing. In fact, he is very scary but unforgettable. The mystery holds your attention right up until the end. I personally adored the touching love story between Adam and his childhood sweetheart, Evelyn. This book has everything including laughter, science, mystery, love, and murder. I am re-reading it right away as I cannot wait for Book II to be written. My only suggestion would be to have a family tree listed so I can keep all those clones straight! By the way, when is the MOVIE coming out?
on May 4, 2010
This is an absolutely amazing first novel -- one of the best I've read in some time!

I'm an avid reader and have read many new authors since getting my Kindle over a year ago. This author has a remarkable voice and flair for storytelling, while also raising important societal issues. He deals with them in such a compassionate way, posing many thought-provoking questions on moral issues regarding cloning, humanity's search for longevity, and fear of death. All of which makes for great discussion topics!

I was caught up in Adam's story and felt sad for him or cheered for him. One of those stories that I honestly didn't want to end. Looking forward to continuing the journey into the world of Adam and his family. Actually, halfway through it, I checked to see if Robert Hopper's next one was out, not ready to leave the life of Adam just yet (you can email or FB him from [...]). Unfortunately, he's still working on the second book. In the meantime, I've started reading this one again! Enjoy!
on February 13, 2013
This is the story of the first human clone and many, many more after him. The story provides thought-provoking questions on moral issues regarding cloning, humanity's search for longevity and then onto cryogenics. It is it's own dynasty, if you will. A Story within a story, and another story within a story of a family who love and hate each other - as with all families. Because it was so detailed and seemed to be never ending and very touchy-feely, I checked the author after reading the book expecting to find a female author only to be surprised to find that it was written as a FIRST novel by a man. I'm not sure it is science fiction but I can find no other genre for it. It is certainly a very fine story of human feelings.
on December 11, 2010
A book you don't want to end, a story you can't let go of - this novel has everything. It's a wonderful mixture of mystery, drama, and romance with a science fiction story line that is so compelling that you can't put it down. This thought provoking book raises many moral and scientific issues, but regardless of your opinions on human cloning you'll be drawn into the life of Adam, the first human clone, and the epic that Mr. Hopper superbly weaves. Ultimately, you'll be touched and will join those of us who are eager for the sequel. To quote the character Evelyn "We've all done things we regret, and I'll do more before I die. We can be discouraged, or we can be inspired to be better next time we have a chance."
on April 30, 2013
This was one of the best sci-fi books I've read in a long while. While the overuse of the -2 suffix after names and all the mention of celebrities in such fashion annoyed me, it was easily overlooked. The story as a whole was far more than just 'good', it was unique and definately awesome. Without ruining the plot, I will say if you have ever wondered what the diary and life story of a clone would be, what advances humanity would make in the next 50-80 years, you'd be hard pressed to find something better than this. At least for now.
on August 11, 2010
"Adam" is so good, it deserves to be widely read and I want to help spread the word.

The author successfully maintains a balance of foreboding and humor throughout the book. "Adam" has characters that you care about. It has a suspenseful plot. It has a love story. It raises scientific, legal, sociological and moral questions that we might all face in the not-too-distant future. Overall, it is so well-polished that it amazes me that it's the author's first novel.

My congratulations and thanks to Rob Hopper for a wonderful achievement!
on June 5, 2010
This book is a very thought provoking examination of the life of Adam, the first human clone, and the impact his life has on the lives of those closest to him, as well as his community. The author's discussion of the personal and societal complexities of cloning will provide lots of interesting discussion material for book clubs. The characters are full of surprises and the twists and turns in the plot just keep coming! I especially like the fact that the book was available on Kindle.
on August 10, 2010
2nd book I've read in 20 years, but I couldn't put it down. The Clone issue is on everybody's mind and this story brings up a multitude of issues that I had never thought of. Beside that, it exercised all my emotions. Tragedy, humor, and love story.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and thats pretty good considering I'm the author's hardest critic. Just call me Dad.
on October 23, 2010
Compelling story! Thought provoking & very well written!
Get the book ( & a few extra copies to give as gifts to family, friends, & your future clones!)
This would make a great movie.