5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Introduction
This is often the first book I loan to friends who are interested in learning about Ayurveda(I own two copies!). The photographs and illustraitons flesh out concepts that are hard to grasp with words alone. Holistic in its approach, this excelent introduction also contains a good deal of information that can be put into immediate use. More than worth the price.
Published on September 14, 2000 by Burt K.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stillhard to grasp
Published on November 23, 2003 by merrymousies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Introduction, September 14, 2000
Burt K. (Romney, WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book of Ayurveda: A Holistic Approach to Health and Longevity (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beginner's Book, February 28, 2004
By A Customer
There are so many books about Ayurveda now and this is still my favorite to introduce the topic to new people. The illustrations are great, the explanations straightforward and yet there is still a nice depth to her knowledge.
Ayurveda offers a wholistic paradigm that addresses all parts of our selves, differing from the western approach that attempts to compartmentalize our bodies and lives. A book like this can lead us to know ourselves better and start us on the road to good health and inner peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great beginner's book, February 1, 2003
I love this book. I even lent it out and forgot who it got passed around to and re-bought it. The way this book is laid out makes it so easy to reference. It is not a book for the student who has lots of knowledge/experience. For the lay-person it is a must. Also it makes a great gift. This is the book which expanded my interest in Ayurveda (and yoga). I refer to it often when I fall off track. It provides a dosha assessment test and an extensive list of foods along with some important recipes. Also it is a great book to flip through when you need to be reminded of some important dos and don'ts of eating, exercise, sleeping habits, etc. This was the best [$$] I ever invested. Or...RE-invested, that is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stillhard to grasp, November 23, 2003
merrymousies (Waterford, VA USA) - See all my reviews
First let me say, I had 3 books on this topic and none ofthem were as good as this one. Of the ones I've seen this is the best at trying to understand the concepts here but I must admit I'm still a bit lost. There are great pictures throughout as well as some exercises to figure out what profile you are (I also found one on the web that was a bit better). I'm only giving it 3 stars because I think the information needs to be linked together better but like I said, its the best book I've found so far. So, for the beginner I'd look around but if you don't find another that appeals to you then come back and try out this one. I think its very complete, its just difficult information to convey.

4.0 out of 5 stars This could save my life!!!!!!, January 10, 2013
I recommend this book to anyone with diabetes. The book will help anyone that is suffering from Diabetic Neuropathy of the Feet and Legs. I had a lot of pain on the bottom of my feet and some of the Food I read about stopped the swelling of my feet and returned them to normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, February 18, 2011
I really like this book. I like reading the different doshas and what our certain constitutions can eat or drink to thrive. The book is very understandable for someone who is also new to Ayurveda. Filled with wonderful information!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, easy to read and comprehend!, January 17, 2011
This is perfect for the beginner or as a refresher. I have focus issues and rarely make it through an entire non fiction book. This one was a breeze and held my interest throughout, as well as evoked my passion. If you are interested in Ayurveda, this is a great intro and quite thorough at the same time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 3, 2010
This book has altered the way I view myself and everyday activities. If you have interest in holistic health, I would suggest beginning with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, March 17, 2013
I like that the topics are well organized and shared in simple terms anyone can understand. It doesn't matter if you are short on time, each page has its own short topic for small doses of Ayurveda to think about throughout the rest of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 26, 2013
Glad I bought this book, I have been interested in Ayurveda for some time now and this book helped, just as described.

The Book of Ayurveda: A Holistic Approach to Health and Longevity
The Book of Ayurveda: A Holistic Approach to Health and Longevity by Judith H. Morrison (Paperback - July 1, 1995)
$17.99 $12.74