5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for everyone, new or old to the bible.
Published on September 2, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Good content, but inexpensive
I got this Bible for the price, and it is what you pay for it. It definitely works, and I am keeping it, but it does have a couple issues. The pages are regular paper, not like Bible pages. And some of them messed up in the printing, leaving a distorted but readable streak down the middle of the page. The translation is fantastic though, and I like the cover design. Also,...
Published 23 months ago by B. Keefe

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for everyone, new or old to the bible., September 2, 1999
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Paperback)
I have just recently decided to change my life and let God run it for me. This book was the major instrument in that decision. It is so easy to read that I was engulfed in it and look forward to the next time I get to open it up again. Each book has a description of the person that wrote it and what it is about, the time it was written and what you are supposed to get from it. It is written in "today's" language so that everyone can understand it. The Bible is of course the Bible and will always be the best book ever written but "The Book" puts it into simple English. The beginning gives a short book by book order to read if you are new to the bible and also an index of proverbs and so forth for every aspect of life, Greed, sorrow, gilt, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A verson that can be read & UNDERSTOOD!, February 3, 2000
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Paperback)
I'm a generation "X-er." I went to study the Bible at a theological university, and, of course, they used the KJV (King James Version). True, the KJV can be read & understood, but ususally with the aid of many theological books, beginning first & foremost with a Strong's Concordance.
The Book eliminates the need for other books (or a seminary degree) to understand it. The Bible can now be read as God intended it to be: a common person can pick it up, read, and understand. I definitely recomend The Book to all believers: young and old. Finally! A version of the Bible written in OUR language! (And if you ever have the chance, take a look at the origional language of the KJV!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible reading for Generation X!, May 12, 1999
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Paperback)
I used to force myself to read the traditional version of the Bible, but now I am excited to read "The Book" because it is written in everyday language that I can relate to. Bible reading has become fresh and exciting!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Bible, August 13, 2001
By A Customer
There are a couple of the things I love about this Bible and the first thing is how easy the New Living Translation is to understand. It brings me closer to the Lord every time I read it. The other thing I love is the format - it's not two columns of text like most Bibles, but it's like a regular book. It's much easier to read and not as distracting as two columns. This is my favorite Bible!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is so easy to read and interpet the bible, April 21, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Hardcover)
I have found myself craving for some time to be able to sit and read this book. I have a much better understanding of the Bible since I am now using "The Book" as a learning tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLICITY FOR THE CURIOUS OR THE NEW CHRISTIAN, July 1, 2000
Paul Lehner (Adelanto, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book in Dramatic Stereo New Testament: NLT (Audio Cassette)
BEING SOMEONE WHO HAS SINCE CHILDHOOD, ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THE KING JAMES VERSION, AND TO SOME EXTENT, THE LATER TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE, I WAS PLEASED TO FIND A TRANSLATION THAT WAS SIMPLE ENOUGH TO NOT SCARE ME OFF. AS I COMMUTE SOME DISTANCE EACH DAY, THE AUDIO VERSION IS PERFECT FOR MY NEEDS. THE NARRATOR GIVES JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF EMOTION TO THE READING TO HOLD YOUR INTEREST AND LEAVE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE. IT STIMULATED MY CUROSITY TO THE POINT OF PURCHASING A STUDY BIBLE AND JOINING A BIBLE STUDY GROUP TO LEARN MORE. WHETHER OR NOT A PERSON WOULD WANT TO PURSUE THE BIBLE FURTHER, THIS TAPE SET IS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR THOSE WHO, LIKE MYSELF WERE TURNED OFF BY THE COMPLEXITY OF MORE TRADITIONAL TRANSLATIONS. IT IS A GOOD WAY TO INTRODUCE SOMEONE TO THE NEW TESTAMENT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Reading!, July 4, 2001
ufrh4 (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Paperback)
I must say that this translation was a long time overdue. This brings the greatest Book in history to today's English. It's easy for non-Christians, new believers, and refreshing for mature believers.
As someone who has studied the KJV all of my life, I found this reading enlightening. There are no problems in understanding the meaning of any verse or chapter in this great Book.
Pass this one along--it changes lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite adult bible, April 25, 2005
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Paperback)
Until recently I mainly used the Catholic Youth Bible, but that changed when I bought a paperback copy of The Book on a whim. It isn't the most attractive bible ever, but the text is easy to understand and really draws me in to the bible.

Recommended for anyone searching for a new frequent-use bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLAIN, CLEAR, PRECISE, September 12, 2005
This review is from: The Book (NLT) (Paperback)
What an easy way to understand God's Word. Reading is easy. It reads as a novel. I sometimes refer to it when studying in the King James version when I don't quite understand what is being said. The Book makes is plain!

Paul Lehner (Adelanto, Ca USA) - See all my reviews

The Book in Dramatic Stereo New Testament: NLT
The Book in Dramatic Stereo New Testament: NLT by Mike Kellogg (Audio Cassette - March 1, 1999)
Used & New from: $15.00