5.0 out of 5 stars Steven Forrest is a master teacher!
Published 22 months ago by Linda C. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Steven Forrest is great...
... but I have mixed feelings right now.

Published on February 12, 2012 by Keeping It Real

3.0 out of 5 stars Steven Forrest is great..., February 12, 2012
This review is from: The Book of the Moon: Discovering Astrology's Lost Dimension (Paperback)
... but I have mixed feelings right now.

On the one hand, I feel a duty to support Steven in every way I can. His book, The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life, was my first "real" astrology book, and I was among his devoted followers for a long time. Growing up in my astrological understanding, I naturally had to branch out to other authors and resources. But wherever I wandered, I kept Steven close in my heart and kept an eye on his teachings. I am grateful to him.

On the other hand, I feel a duty to students of astrology because they are the FUTURE of astrology - and, IMO, astrology is extremely important to our future. For that reason, I am inclined to publicly express disappointment in this book.

How do I solve this dilemma? With extreme diplomacy...

Read this book for a good introduction to certain lunar phenomena, like the out-of-bounds moon, fast/slow moving moon, and void-of-course moon. Read this book because we like Steven's storytelling. Read this book because we like Steven! Additionally, supplement this book with other authors. I highly recommend Demetra George's book, Finding our Way through the Dark, for this particular topic. I discovered the immensely useful lunation cycle when studying Demetra's work and was floored with its accuracy and usefulness. Although I've bought other books on the subject, including Rudhyar's, Demetra's remains my favorite. I have adopted the lunation cycle - both natally and in progression - as fundamentally important to any delineation. Stephen's book, while fine at other lunar aspects, misses on its descriptions of phases.

I choose not to pinpoint any specific complaints about this book in this review. I will say to buy it - just don't stop there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steven Forrest is a master teacher!, March 14, 2013
Having just discovered Steven Forrest recently I am still a novice to his wisdom on the many topics he covers as an Astrological Master Teacher. The Book of the Moon is yet another innovative and compelling source of information for those of us who seek to know more in the field. His ability to use practical information (look at the sky! what a concept!!) to intuit and discern the depths behind the obvious is exciting and profound. I am thrilled to discover someone who works outside the consensus majority and look forward to absorbing all of his work - over time - as it is so much to digest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steven Forrest never fails to dissapoint, January 29, 2013
Wonderful book that explores the oft-ignored phenomenon of moon cycles in astrology . Steven puts a personal spin on all of his chapters that make his books consistantly enjoyable and easy to relate to and understand for even the novice astrology student

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Info, July 14, 2013
Marilyn Lee "The BookRook" (Creston, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Well written with good strong research and resources for the avid astrology buff. Forrest is strong in both his writing and his collection of information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to bring clarity to the positions of the ..., August 14, 2014
Great book to bring clarity to the positions of the moon in a chart.
Very useful in chart casting
Steven never fails!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book On The Moon for Astrology Geeks, November 23, 2014
A great book for anyone wanting to dive deeply into the meanings of the moon cycles astrologically within their natal chart and how the moon affects us throughout the month. The first half is a bit dense, technical and heavy. But it's all great info and a solid foundation for understanding how the moon works and affects us. Steven Forrest is poetic and crazy smart as always.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book of the Moon, July 5, 2012
Ever wonder how the moon effects your life? This is a great book to explore possibilities and potentialities! I highly recommend this book! ( plus I had a great teacher! Thank you, Jay )

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read but a lot of great information about ..., January 25, 2015
Easy to read but a lot of great information about the moon, both technical and psychologically. Good examples and his thought process of his system of interpretation is explained clearly. Might be a bit advanced for a beginner but one can grow into this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for astrologers, August 23, 2014
This book blew my mind! There's inform here about your moon phase at birth which will change the way you look at the world forever. Best astrology book I've read in years. Now I'm devouring everything he's written. Yesterday's Sky is pretty awesome too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Beautiful - Thanks

The Book of the Moon: Discovering Astrology's Lost Dimension
The Book of the Moon: Discovering Astrology's Lost Dimension by Steven Forrest (Paperback - August 15, 2010)
$24.95 $22.46