Questions & Answers
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
4.6 out of 5 stars (10,488)
$11.29
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 questions
votes
I found a radio show called the Whistler that ran from 1942-1956. The premise appears to be the same as the book that she reads. Maybe the idea came from the radio show...
Oct 3, 2010 by Lisa Bryant
votes
I'm not a parent so I'm not going to pretend that I am qualified to say if you should let you child read this or not but I just wanted to applaud you for not allowing your young daughter to read Twilight! It is such a breath of fresh air to me you just have no idea. It makes me sick when I see moms talking about how "hot" Edward Cullen is with their 12 year old daughter. And double kudos on the video games. Personally I loved The Hunger Games and I loved The Book Thief, however I am 20 not 10, I was a fairly advanced reader when I was younger and I have a feeling The Book Thief would have haunted me at that age so honestly, no idea. But thanks for giving me a little ray of hope that there are still parents checked in out there.
Oct 13, 2010 by BMW
votes
Yes it does, and they are very well done, although a couple of them were very small.
Oct 27, 2013 by grandma
votes
I think it was absolutely open to that interpretation... especially when Liesel at the end was thinking of all the people she'd loved in her life, mentioned her husband, her kids, and various people she'd known in Germany... excluding Max. Implying that he was mentioned elsewhere. Oh, these ambiguous endings....
Aug 9, 2009 by E. Smiley
votes
Age group Oct 7, 2013
This book is appropriate for a mature middle school reader or early high school, there is cursing (in German), and the violence of the time period, although the violence is not a main theme. Hope this helps...
Oct 7, 2013 by Patti Petro
votes
I think Death is referring to the people who didn't stand by doing nothing during this time, but the people who were helping their Jewish neighbors by hiding them, giving them food, or fighting. The beauty of neighbors helping neighbors, the innocence of children, the simplicity of a budding flower, or a sunset, or the fact that the world kept turning despite the horrors of humanity.
Aug 23, 2013 by Sarah Goodner
votes
My copy of THE BOOK THIEF is on my Kindle..It has no sticker...So I do not know. Great book, don't you think? It stays with you..."haunts you".
Jul 27, 2013 by BONNIE C PHILPOTT
votes
Unbroken has strong and meaniungful themes. I dont read a book twice, but I am on my 3rd time with this one.l It is 500 pages, true story, and the main character is still alive story takes place pre WWII and during ?WW11.
Sep 21, 2011 by Harold Patterson
votes
It is on an episode of Twilight Zone.
Aug 30, 2009 by A. Donohue
‹ Previous   1   Next ›
Do you think Questions & Answers are helpful? Add your feedback
ARRAY(0xa86ef468)

Search Questions and Answers