5.0 out of 5 stars It's a book you'll buy again just to give away!!!, November 16, 2005
Christopher M. Scoletti (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Matt Welsh and The Bottom Line! I think more than anything I like his essays and how he reflects on things he reads and attempts to apply them life. I didn't realize how much practical information there was in there about meditation. I enjoyed how he applied that information to the storyline. I really enjoyed the idea of closing out all outside thoughts so you can clear your mind and prepare it for the Spirit to manifest itself. I am grateful that Welsh shared such a personal account of his life with all of us.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun and Engaging Adventure, April 1, 2006
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
As an honest and graceful depiction of a young man's inner awakening to a spiritual existence, The Bottom Line proves to be not only a good fictional read; but also an invaluable resource and a solid guide for others who may be curious, confused and even skeptical of the positive elements of spirituality.

The Bottom Line portrays the winding and sometimes treacherous journey of Walt Metsh as a young adult embarking on four years of college life. Like many, Walt finds himself lost, confused and stressed amidst the social and career pressures, as well as his own egotistical views of success - initially leading him to a point of near self-destruction, fueled by anger and disappointment in himself.

The strong universal themes throughout The Bottom Line - hopelessness, misdirection of one's goals, redemption, and the ache and longing for a better, calmer, and more fulfilling state of being - will inspire and reach out to any reader, regardless of his or her own age, background, or religious beliefs.

The Bottom Line is indeed a must-have in any counselor's office, church library, personal motivation and spiritual section of all bookstores, as well as any reader's personal library.

Through witnessing Walt's personal journey to self awareness, inner peace and a newfound spirituality for life, the reader will walk away truly enlightened and awakened to the unique possibilities of his or her own life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, uplifting, and challenging, November 19, 2005
Mary Klopfenstein (Fort Wayne, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
Extremely intrigued was my first reaction to this book's title, The Bottom Line. All of us do this very thing in life, albeit at different levels, that is to seek the bottom line. Many questions are raised. Just exactly why am I here in the first place? What difference can I make in life for the good of others and myself? Am I just a physical body going through the motions of everyday life? Or, do I have a Quest to fulfill? Does my physical body randomly relate to others, or do I have a Spirit within me? Can this Spirit actually guide me, instruct me, encourage me, challenge me? What is my Bottom Line or Quest in life? Welsh explores these crucial questions with the character of Walt.

My second reaction to Welsh's Bottom Line, through Walt's journey, was compelling empathy. We revisit the college years which encompasses challenging choices and consequences, as well as a range of thoughts, emotions, and relationships. Walt learns to apply and to appreciate the freedom of choices while away at college. While Walt stumbles at times, he continually moves forward on his Quest to discover the bottom line. If ever you've struggled with issues of truly respecting others and self, letting go and surrendering pain, and/or forgiving others, you'll want to follow Walt's captivating journey.

Finally, if anyone has truly wondered what role our Spirit plays in our lives, read The Bottom Line for a most engaging adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bottom Line Inspired Me, November 20, 2005
Mark McGinley (Carmel, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
This book brought many thoughts to my mind. Walt made me think about what is important in life. I am a Sophomore in high school and reading this book helped me realize that there is no such thing as actual fear. What the author brought out was that all fears are an illusion and that our ego is what makes us fear. This one concept has helped me live the incredible life I live now. I go through life with such ease. If I want to do something I do it. Walt went through many problems and insecurities in life, but he had friends and family there for him. The epiphany I had while reading this book is that we shouldn't strive to be perfect, but just strive to be the best person we can be.

P.S.

Matt, Thank you so much for writing this book. It has inspired me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Read this book, November 14, 2005
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
I read this fine novel in one sitting, I was so absorbed by it. It is an excellent work, and I enjoyed it and profited from it. Welsh is a deep thinker and a very good writer. I am looking forward to reading his next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - A Must Read !!!, January 20, 2006
Paul John Cusick (Detroit, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
The Bottom Line is a great read for anybody who has questions about their faith and their spirituality. Matt Welsh tells the story of a young man who was going through life not knowing what his purpose was other than partying and getting drunk. Through his personal experiences and guidance from family and friends, he came to understand true happiness by giving his life to God. Reading the Bottom Line truly is a spirtual journey in and of itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I can't describe it!, November 17, 2005
Sarah Gangstad (Broad Ripple, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
Matt Welsh is a very good writer! It is amazing how he can combine humor with such interesting discussions on spirituality. I especially liked the anecdote about Barney and the golf cart. I cracked up after I read it. Additionally, I believe his ideas about the connection between the body and the Spirit will become more important and of greater public focus in the future. It was a joy to read what he wrote =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational Book, November 15, 2005
Riki Rose (Indianapolis Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
I really enjoyed The Bottom Line. The spiritual ideas included are wonderful. Matt Welsh distilled a lot of knowledge and wisdom into it. I am so grateful that Matt putt it out into the world. It's amazing that he has learned so much at such a young age. I hope he keeps writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book rekindled my spirit!, November 18, 2005
This review is from: The Bottom Line (Paperback)
The Bottom Line was incredible. Cover-to-cover it was genuine, insightful, enlightening and inspiring. I think it's awesome because so many different types of people can probably relate to Walt and/or the other characters.

The Bottom Line
The Bottom Line by Matt Welsh (Paperback - September 14, 2005)
$14.95 $12.67