The Bouquet
Format: DVDChange
Price:$7.50 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

As I sit here with tears streaming down my face with the credits rolling in the background, my heart hurts. The Bouquet is ultimately about change, moving on, family, love, and teamwork. It is also about telling those you love most in life how you feel about them because one day they won't be there.

We start out with an adorable older couple Cecil and Bonnie will truly love each other. They love with the kind of love and acceptance we all wish we had. They are the parents of Terri and Mandy. Terri is living the business life in NY and Mandy has followed her parents love of grassroots life.

When tragedy strikes, Terri heads home to be with family. Upon finding out that the family business is suffering she puts herself in charge of updating the business.

As with most families there is jealousy, and hurt, to get over before making way for forgiveness.

If you enjoy family dramas that focus on the ties that bind us to each other and allow us to forgive others and ourselves through honesty and retribution you will enjoy it. The scenery, the beautiful shots of flowers, the love of family and Mr. Danny Glover all make for a wonderful movie.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 5, 2013
Part of the synopsis for this movie stated: "Filled with romance, humor , and hope, it's an endearing story about making time for the ones you love."

I would agree there was some romance and humor, but there was definitely hope. Hope in the fact that two daughters who were estranged would not allow the dream of their mother's florist business die with the death of their father. In spite of set backs of all kinds,the teamwork that evolved and closeness of family ties survived and thrived, and yes, the hope again brought success to their efforts to keep the dream alive.

This sweet movie will hopefully make you think about the time you set aside for the ones you love. Are you too busy and have too many commitments to take the time to sit down and actually be with a sister, mother, father,brother, significant other, or child? It made me evaluate the time I spend with those I love both family and friends. It is a movie worth watching and discussing. I know you will enjoy it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 22, 2013
If like me you like a clean, well done family movie with a heartfelt message, this one is for you! I spotted this title a while back and I was very happy to have a librarian recommended only this past week!
Kristy Swanson of 'What If' stars in this movie along with Michael Shanks, Nicola Canvendish and UNICEF Ambassador Danny Glover amongst others.

In 'The Bouquet' Nasser Group North delivers once again a moving story which merits a big accolade for its stunning set, family portrait and of course its warm message.
Like many siblings, business savy Terri and ecology lover sister Mandy have grown apart, each invested in their own interest, one living some 2000 miles away and the other, a mere 20 miles away.

Despite their rural America warm and caring childhood, neither makes much of an effort to be close to their parents or the family florist business, now struggling.
When tragedy occurs, they must reach an agreement and either help each other or see everything their Mum and Dad worked for lost forever.
And in doing so, they just might discover love in the air if only they take the time to smell the roses!

This wholesome story is directed by Ann Wheeler, an excellent director known for her approach to scripts we can all relate to. Danny Glover (actor/executive producer) in turn is the preacher and friend whose task it is to bring to the family the serious reality of the failing business.
The amazing thing is this Christian movie does not rely on Hollywood's Fx but instead showcases some real talents! Bravo!

With colourful floral scenes, (the garden and house are breathtaking!), a sweet romantic story to remind us to be closer to our loved ones whilst there is still time and provides entertainement for the whole family!

5 Stars!

Note to readers: Unless stated otherwise reviews are not requested and reflects only my opinion!
on February 5, 2013
A perfect movie for the whole family. It's wholesome, sweet, funny and inspiring with a wonderful message. Danny Glover is - well he's Danny Glover - wonderful! The rest of the cast is spot on. I actually ordered a couple of extra copies to hand out to some friends. Highly recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 6, 2013
Valentine's Day is coming and love is in the air! Most women enjoy a "chick flick" to watch on a date with their Valentine and The Bouquet is the perfect feel good movie. While I don't typically enjoy romantic movies, this one had more depth to it where the focus wasn't just on a love story. It's about family, both by birth and by choice, and the ties that can bind or break them.

Growing up with a sister close to my age, I can understand the competition, rivalry and jealousy that occurs. There are many dynamics between siblings and fighting for their parents attention is commonplace. Terri and Mandy have had a tumultuous relationship but tragedy forces them to put their differences aside to focus on what really matters.

The movie got off to a bit of a slow start for me but by midway I was completely into the movie. It does have a slower pace but that's also the way of life in rural America. It's a good reminder to slow down, smell the flowers and cherish the moments with family and friends that might not be there forever. It's easy to get caught up in jobs, making money and the business of life. It's sad when it takes a tragedy for people to slow down and take stock of what really matters.

The Bouquet is a perfect reminder this Valentine's Day to spend time with the ones you love whether it be family, friends or true loves.
on October 18, 2013
This is one of those feel good movies that I tend to love watching. It has a nice storyline about life's trivialities and how family helps.
on March 28, 2013
Charming story for those who don't require any car chase scenes or blood baths in order to be entertained for the evening.
on May 24, 2013
Well-acted and a story well-told; bittersweet in places and heartwarming in others, this is a not-necessarily-Hollywood account of a family that drifts apart through no malice, but gets glued back together in soul-redeeming ways. Swanson shines as always and Glover provides a great cameo subplot. The camera work is jaw-dropping and utilizes every square inch of the breathtaking locations providing a very real backdrop for this film. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated after watching this.
on July 15, 2014
This movie is a good family movie. Nothing to worry about if watching with kids. It's wholesome and teaches a valuable lesson, that life is more than money, cell phones and careers.
on April 8, 2014
Loved the movie and the actors.I enjoyed everything about the movie and wish there were many others without the bad language