5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition -- Love it!
Published on March 5, 2011 by G. McAllister

1.0 out of 5 stars Best book
This book almost beats Harry potter series I love little Benny and Jessie it's worth the money to get them and I want the rest of the series
Published 16 months ago by Lydia

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition -- Love it!, March 5, 2011
G. McAllister (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boxcar Children Mysteries Box Set: Books One Through Twelve (Kindle Edition)
The kindle version of this box set was a great find. It is much cheaper than buying all the kindle books individually. If you're not sure your kids will like it, download the free sample. It is plenty long to get your kids hooked on the story. The publisher did a great job on the kindle formatting. The illustrations are crisp and clear and look great on the kindle screen. I've been reading a few chapters each night to my 4-year old before bed. He always wants me to keep reading. I love that there are 12 books to ensure this set will last for a couple months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Magic Treehouse!, June 21, 2011
HKB (Siberia, Russia) - See all my reviews
My almost 9 year old son surprised me tonight by saying that he likes the Boxcar Children better than the Magic Treehouse, which he has read the whole series and really enjoyed. I appreciate that the main characters are nice kids, they look out for their brothers and sisters, use their heads and have great values. The Kindle edition is great, good price, only wish they would have more sets for beyond book 12! Both of these series have helped my very active, sporty kid to love reading! These books have also worked well for kids who are studying English as a second language, not a lot of slang that they are easy to understand while still keeping their interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 7 year old loves it as I did back then..., August 29, 2011
Robbie (BROOKVILLE, OH, United States) - See all my reviews
I remember that I read these when I was a kid, so I downloaded these onto my Kindle my 7 year old daughter to read. Even though you'd think it's outdated, she still loves the stories. There are a few odd words, such as queer, that are no longer used in their previous context, but she hasn't asked for clarification and has an easy time reading them. I think this will get her through her entire 2nd grade school year for home reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series but probably better suited for 6 to 9 y/o readers, April 6, 2012
These books are grouped with other books for kids age 8 to 12, however my 7 year old loves the whole series. He has read all the ones our local library has. He started reading them to me when he was 6. Having listened to the stories, I really think that 10-12 year olds probably wouldn't like them. I tried having my son read The Hardy Boys since he seemed to like the mysteries (and our library ran out of The Boxcar Children books). He didn't care for them because the characters seemed too old, to hard for him to relate to. In The Boxcar Children the kids seem a bit younger, at least in how they interact with their world, making it easier for him to relate to the characters. It may be considered in the "reading level" of 8 to 12 year-olds but the content is aimed toward those a bit younger. Even my 4 year old likes listening to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glitch in the book, October 11, 2013
The books 1-12 of the boxcar children series are great. They have that thing that makes you never want to put it down. But the kindle edition has a problem(or glitch, as I should call it), sometimes the pages glitch out! I was reading the blue bay mystery and it skipped a page at the part where their walking along the beach. The glitch? When I turn the page, the next part doesn't make sense at all! Here is the words: "theirs another pool", said Henry. He (turns page) chapter 7 clues. At the spot where I put turns page I don't mean Henry was reading a book and their was a pool in the book. It leaves an entire sentence off! Before it was a different thing. If I was reviewing for an actual bundle that you'd buy at a bok store, it would have 5 stars. If it weren't' t for the glitch I would' t be confused. Oh well,still a great series. p.s. it stopped October 12, 2013. Hopefully I don't have another unexpected glitch.it didn't' t glitch today! Gonna boost it up one star. if it doesn't glitch two more times five.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boxcar children, July 18, 2013
I chose this rating because I thought that was the best book
I wanted to get to know about how to survive in the wild

4.0 out of 5 stars Boxcar Children Set 1-12 Kindle Edition??, April 6, 2013
Where, Oh, Where, did it go????!!!! Not a Kindle Edition anymore??? Why?
"The Boxcar Children Mysteries Box Set: Books One Through Twelve" It DID exist, but not now?

4.0 out of 5 stars The kids like the stories, January 6, 2012
JG4177 (VA United States) - See all my reviews
My 5 year old daughters like the stories and that is what counts the most. They like to look at the illustrations on the Kindle and seem to relate to the characters. I find the stories a little boring as a bedtime story, but not so much that it is an effort to read each night.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read aloud, February 26, 2014
These were favorites as a kid and as an adult, they are only better. And she's an expert at ending the chapters in a suspenseful way. I only wish it had all 19 by the original author!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book was very fun, February 24, 2014
They had mysteries always. We read it every night. Mommy read it when she was a girl. My pink bunny liked hearing them too. Sarah age 7

ARRAY(0x9cf0b420)