5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition -- Love it!
Published on March 5, 2011 by G. McAllister

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved the books, but have Kindle edition issues
I have loved these books since they were the first chapter books I read in elementary school. I thought finding them for the Kindle to share with my nieces and nephews was fantastic!

Published 5 months ago by poetnyouknowit

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition -- Love it!, March 5, 2011
G. McAllister (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boxcar Children Mysteries Box Set: Books One Through Twelve (Kindle Edition)
The kindle version of this box set was a great find. It is much cheaper than buying all the kindle books individually. If you're not sure your kids will like it, download the free sample. It is plenty long to get your kids hooked on the story. The publisher did a great job on the kindle formatting. The illustrations are crisp and clear and look great on the kindle screen. I've been reading a few chapters each night to my 4-year old before bed. He always wants me to keep reading. I love that there are 12 books to ensure this set will last for a couple months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Magic Treehouse!, June 21, 2011
HKB (Siberia, Russia) - See all my reviews
My almost 9 year old son surprised me tonight by saying that he likes the Boxcar Children better than the Magic Treehouse, which he has read the whole series and really enjoyed. I appreciate that the main characters are nice kids, they look out for their brothers and sisters, use their heads and have great values. The Kindle edition is great, good price, only wish they would have more sets for beyond book 12! Both of these series have helped my very active, sporty kid to love reading! These books have also worked well for kids who are studying English as a second language, not a lot of slang that they are easy to understand while still keeping their interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 7 year old loves it as I did back then..., August 29, 2011
Robbie (BROOKVILLE, OH, United States) - See all my reviews
I remember that I read these when I was a kid, so I downloaded these onto my Kindle my 7 year old daughter to read. Even though you'd think it's outdated, she still loves the stories. There are a few odd words, such as queer, that are no longer used in their previous context, but she hasn't asked for clarification and has an easy time reading them. I think this will get her through her entire 2nd grade school year for home reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved the books, but have Kindle edition issues, June 8, 2014

The first three books in the set were fine; however, Mystery Ranch has several issues: When the girls first arrive in town where Maggie is picking them up, a few lines are missing as it goes straight from "Yes, I'm Maggie. I'm very glad to see you." to "I don't know," said Maggie. "Who was he?" Two paragraphs (30 words) are missing. Then in chapter 7 (The Boys Come), it skips from Jessie asking Aunt Jane if the boys can come to, within the same sentence in the Kindle version, the boys and Watch have arrived. Three paragraphs (81 words) are missing.

Disappointed in the accuracy of the Kindle version, and hope it will be updated and corrected. Will update review further if more issues are found.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glitch in the book, October 11, 2013
The books 1-12 of the boxcar children series are great. They have that thing that makes you never want to put it down. But the kindle edition has a problem(or glitch, as I should call it), sometimes the pages glitch out! I was reading the blue bay mystery and it skipped a page at the part where their walking along the beach. The glitch? When I turn the page, the next part doesn't make sense at all! Here is the words: "theirs another pool", said Henry. He (turns page) chapter 7 clues. At the spot where I put turns page I don't mean Henry was reading a book and their was a pool in the book. It leaves an entire sentence off! Before it was a different thing. If I was reviewing for an actual bundle that you'd buy at a bok store, it would have 5 stars. If it weren't' t for the glitch I would' t be confused. Oh well,still a great series. p.s. it stopped October 12, 2013. Hopefully I don't have another unexpected glitch.it didn't' t glitch today! Gonna boost it up one star. if it doesn't glitch two more times five.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series but probably better suited for 6 to 9 y/o readers, April 6, 2012
These books are grouped with other books for kids age 8 to 12, however my 7 year old loves the whole series. He has read all the ones our local library has. He started reading them to me when he was 6. Having listened to the stories, I really think that 10-12 year olds probably wouldn't like them. I tried having my son read The Hardy Boys since he seemed to like the mysteries (and our library ran out of The Boxcar Children books). He didn't care for them because the characters seemed too old, to hard for him to relate to. In The Boxcar Children the kids seem a bit younger, at least in how they interact with their world, making it easier for him to relate to the characters. It may be considered in the "reading level" of 8 to 12 year-olds but the content is aimed toward those a bit younger. Even my 4 year old likes listening to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boxcar children, July 18, 2013
I chose this rating because I thought that was the best book
I wanted to get to know about how to survive in the wild

4.0 out of 5 stars The kids like the stories, January 6, 2012
JG4177 (VA United States) - See all my reviews
My 5 year old daughters like the stories and that is what counts the most. They like to look at the illustrations on the Kindle and seem to relate to the characters. I find the stories a little boring as a bedtime story, but not so much that it is an effort to read each night.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boxcar Children, June 3, 2014
Man was that ever fun! We need more of these box sets! The walk down memory lane, in a time when everything always turns out well, was a much-needed remedy to what was ailing me!

5.0 out of 5 stars The first chapter book I read as a child. Still love it to this day., May 5, 2014
The original Boxcar Children is my favorite. As a child I never did read any of the others in this series, so it was very fun to read on and see how the family continued with their adventures. Now I want to read the next Twelve.

The Boxcar Children Mysteries Box Set: Books One Through Twelve