4.0 out of 5 stars from hustling clothes in streets to ringing the bell for the NASDAQ
Mr. John and three of his friends started the urban fashion company FUBU (For Us By Us) back in the early 90's. At first they started selling custom designed clothes out of duffel bags but by the late 90's wearing FUBU was the thing to do for both famous rappers and hip hop stars to America's youth in general. In this book Mr. John speaks how 'branding yourself" or...
Published on February 14, 2011 by motivating minutes blog

3.0 out of 5 stars ok book to read
I have to confess that I wanted to read about Diamond's beginning and how he became successful, but this was not the right choice. He explains very well the idea of branding and how a product follows a pattern of growth from item to label to brand to lifestyle.
Interesting concept, but I have to say I was expecting much more. The book is quite expensive and I hoped...
Published 21 months ago by Napleskitty

5.0 out of 5 stars My Business Bible, April 19, 2012
This book is loaded with great advice and wisdom from the brilliant teaching mind of Daymond John! If you can only buy one business book make it this one! I promise you will not be disappointed. He shares his FUBU story with readers and from his experiences you will find ways to do the very same thing with your very own business!I continue to learn from him on a daily basis by following @TheSharkDaymond on social media as well as his own web site [...] He is a brilliant businessman as well as teacher so if you want to learn about branding he is your man!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful & Empowering, July 30, 2011
I enjoyed The Brand Within. Filled with generous tidbits of advice and wisdom, it leaves readers wondering about their "personal" brand. The advice from "The Shark" Daymond John if applied, can immensely enrich one's life personally and professionally.

An outstanding book by an impressive, industrious, smart and savvy individual, The Brand Within is definitely worth purchasing. Consider it an investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, July 25, 2011
I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a product that they developed or plan to develop and want to take it to the next level. Anyone who has item, plans to label it, brand it and develop that brand to a lifestyle, Mr. John puts it plan and simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Makes you think!, June 26, 2011
I haven't finished the book yet, but will do so in the next few days and update this review. I feel compelled to give this an early review.

The book is powerful in its simplicity. His directness and "in your face" style make you feel like he's talking directly to you (in a good way). You'll want to smack your forehead and think: "DUH!" He makes you stand back and think about what feels like the obvious, but is the strategic stuff that gets lost in the business (busy-ness?) of day to day living.

... and it's lendable! That's great! (Though I'm not sure I want to be without it for weeks. I expect I'll read it more than once.)

So... what do you want your brand to be????

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'WOW Advice' for anyone fed up with mediocrity in life or in business., September 19, 2014
Daymond is one very interesting guy. My business partner and CEO met Daymond a year ago at one of the investments he and Mark Cuban helped in Southbeach Florida.

I was inspired by my business partner's remarks about meeting Daymond, so I bought his book and read it. 3 times.

Daymond's ideas on branding are simply brilliant. Some of his ideas and stories on start ups and business ideas are simply hilarious. But he drives a lot of excellent points to 'start small' and 'start cultivating things you need to begin the steps of brand-building.'

A lot of the advice is simple and pragmatic, yet it's so common-sense driven you can't help but wonder why people over-complicate things and think too high. When we do that, nothing really seems to get done. Like the dog chasing his tail in a circle.

I used and followed his advice and it appears to be working in our business. I discovered the problems at what I was and wasn't doing right. I wasn't taking charge. I wasn't watching or listening to the culture and the changes out there.

As I read each page, Daymond's recipe for success in business started to make sense to me. In one weekend I wrote down the things I wasn't doing right. On Monday, I wrote out an action plan to correct the mistakes. Three months a ton of long hours later... I'm a 'happy camper,' and pleased to report his advice is (really) working.

Everyone has an idea and a dream to become better at what we do. Daymond shows you how to amplify this and take you dream and life to the "next level."

3.0 out of 5 stars The Brand Within, April 19, 2012
This review is from: The Brand Within (Kindle Edition)
I found this book really enjoyable because he writes as he speaks, from the heart I also like the way John reminds us that success it not about money, it's about being a successful person - parent, sibling, child, friend, how we interact and the impressions we create in every tiny relationship is important, this is advice for life, not just your business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The first few pages tended to be a little boring at first but then he gets into the nitty ..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: The Brand Within (Kindle Edition)
The first few pages tended to be a little boring at first but then he gets into the nitty gritty! Very informative and down to earth! He doesn't just tell you to "think outside the box" or "look at the bigger picture" like other books. He gives good examples of what he did to think outside the box, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written book with an engaging style and stories that ..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: The Brand Within (Kindle Edition)
Well written book with an engaging style and stories that allow you an inside look into the industry; and the sacrifices required to realize success.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 7, 2014