5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and a Fun Read
You know.... There are books that are supposed to help you learn something, then there are books that are fun. This one is pure fun!

Written with the Barney Stintson style, it lists rules for men hanging out with dudes to live by in a funny way. A typical page is one sentence long. Some pages have examples and diagrams that add to the experience...
Published on January 1, 2011 by AwesomeOne

3.0 out of 5 stars A good joke gift
The Bro code is a great joke gift, its not overly funny though. It's worth a chuckle for a few minutes but gets old very fast

Still a good joke gift though :)

Funny but not too funny, Barney Stinson's lines are better delivered in short bursts.
Published on January 14, 2009 by B. Ellett

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's favorite Christmas present, January 13, 2011
This review is from: The Bro Code
My 19 year old son asked for this book for Christmas, as this was the first time in his life he asked for a book as a gift, I went directly to Amazon and bought it along a couple of books for myself for free shipping. On Christmas evening he was reading this book, chuckling frequently and occasionally reading parts out loud. He posted this book on line as one of his favorite presents. I confess that before I wrapped it, I read about 30 pages. The humor is adult in content and women who lack a sense of humor could be offended; this is NOT a politically correct book, but it IS REALLY very funny. A quick and entertaining read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good time, but less of a payoff in the eBook version, July 30, 2009
This review is from: The Bro Code (Kindle Edition)
I was looking for something that was low on think and high on laugh. This definitely fit the bill! You are most likely going to rip through this pretty quickly. Think of it as a collection of one liners that are likely to at least get you grinning and in some cases laughing out loud.

While the eBook/Kindle version gives you all the words, after looking at the print version, it definitely does not give you the full experience. Some of the great gags in here are tied to pictures and images in the book. While an attempt is made to include these in the eBook version, it really does not cut it. They are hard to make out and end up contributing far less to the fun than they do in the print version.

Clearly, this is one of those examples of what we sometimes lose in the translation from print copy to eBook.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, but not as funny as I expected, July 28, 2009
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Listening to the audiobook is definitely the best way to read this. Barney Stinson himself narrates. It was a good way to pass the time, and the accompanying pdf file is pretty funny, but I wouldn't go out of my way to read this unless you're a huge huge fan of How I Met Your Mother and Neil Patrick Harris.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, January 14, 2009
K. Kier (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
I gave this to my husband for Christmas, but I have enjoyed thumbing through it myself and it is hilarious! I would highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of How I Met Your Mother!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BRO CODE THE BOOK, October 14, 2008
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Well when i first heard about this book of The Bro code I was shocked and excited and now i know why. The book is AMAZING from Page 1 to the last and tells you everything you need to know to be the Best Bro to you're bro or teach your Bro how to be one. By following these VERY EASY steps you can turn from lame duck to a REAL BRO. I just got it and read it from cover to cover. Be a real BRO and READ THIS!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing Misogynist Instructions, May 5, 2013
Erin Penn (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bro Code (Kindle Edition)
The Bro Code is for Bros. Anyone buying this book for edification and celebration of the connection of all humanity should - well, get over themselves. This book was "written" under the instruction of a misogynistic, narcissistic fictional character.

But the code itself is very, very real. Admittedly not having the appropriate plumbing for most men to consider me a dude - I have on occasion been bequeathed the honor of being a Bro (gaming and comic addition will do that). I appreciate the codification of what my duties are, as the female gender does not adequately prepare one for the honor that is Bro-hood.

Thank you Barney (through the pen of Matt Kuhn) - you are a true Bro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Barney, April 30, 2013
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
This book was hilarious to read. I bought my husband all 4 HIMYM books for this birthday, and he enjoyed all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must have, October 14, 2011
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Buy this freaking book, its funny and piratical iv'e even bought 2 others for my friends one was 16 and and the other 25 they both loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bro Code Legen... wait for it.... Dary, August 8, 2011
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
I originally found a copy of this book on my Third Deployment to Iraq. I had thumbed through it at the Free Books area of the MWR. I read it cover to cover in a couple of hours. Even though it is a very short book I thought it was very funny and well thought out. I had never seen the Show, (How I Met your Mother) before and this book sucked me in. It is fun to watch as Barney Stinson quotes the Bro Code although not in precise order as the book but accurately enough also fun to watch as he breaks the Code on many occasions. The Show is one of the funniest shows on TV in my opinion. The Characters have depth; you want to see them succeed. It is a Smart and Funny comedy The Bro Code is a Smart and Funny Book. I recommend this to any fan of the Show or if you haven't seen the Show get the book as I did and then start watching from season 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, January 2, 2011
This review is from: The Bro Code (Paperback)
Got it in great shape, Its an awesome book. I finished it in 2 hours, didn't take my eyes of it for one second! I fully recommend it for both girls and boys!

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

The Bro Code
The Bro Code by Barney Stinson (Paperback - October 14, 2008)
$13.99 $9.04