Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Bully Blockers: Standing Up for Classmates with Autism
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 2, 2016
Great book! Highly recommended for students in grades K-5. Even if classmates don't have a peer with autism, helpful book for disability awareness and acceptance of anyone who behaves or looks atypically. Beautiful pictures, powerful message.

Other great books:

Lucy’s Amazing Friend, Stephanie Workman
The Bully Blockers: Standing Up for Classmates with Autism, Celeste Shally

1-5
A is for Autism, F is for Friend, Joanna Keating-Velasco
Can I Tell You About Asperger Syndrome? A Guide for Friends and Family, Jude Welton

2-5
Inside Asperger’s Looking Out, Kathy Hoopmann
ith autism, this is a good book about acceptance to students with disabilities and anyone ho looks or behaves atypically. Beautiful pictures and powerful message.

Other great books for classmates of individuals with autism:
Grades K-2

A is for Autism, F is for Friend, Joanna Keating-Velasco

2-5
Inside Asperger’s Looking Out, Kathy Hoopmann
on January 24, 2009
I gave this book as a gift to our Director of Special Education and here is what she had to say:

Thank you again for the book. I finally got a chance to read it. It's SO great! I am reading in several classes for "Dr. Suess' Birthday" and that is what I'll read. Celeste Shally is filling a huge gap in materials to explain autism to kids. She is a true pioneer.
on May 4, 2010
Bought this, read it, and donated a copy to my high-functioning autistic son's Kindergarten class. This doesn't just have to be about autistic kids getting bullied. It can be about any kid, and it encourages kids who are uncomfortable with witnessing bullying, to alert a teacher or parent. We have to start early with squelching such behavior.

My son is so high functioning that in structured environments like class, he seems normal. But in free-play situations like recess and lunch that are largely unsupervised, he shows his autisic quirks and gets picked on. When I brought this up to his teacher, she didn't even know it was going on. Even at this age, kids know to wait until the teacher is absent to do it.
on March 25, 2009
As a teacher and mother of an autistic son, I think Celeste's new book, The Bully Blockers is a MUST for all schools to purchase and read to all classes. Bullying is something that harms all children,not just autistic children, and each school should start a Bully Blockers Club!~ great start of a resource for schools...
on March 30, 2010
I bought this book for the health teacher in our school. We have many special needs students and bullying is something we need to control at all times especially in this day and age. The illustrations and words are wonderful. I am ordering this book again for another health teacher.
on January 24, 2009
...in the writing stages and it was obvious Celeste came at this with the passion of a mother. The final product proves it. This is a valuable tool.