Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > The 'Burbs forum

The Burbs Blu-Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2010 10:27:52 AM PDT
Anyone know when it's coming out? I WANT IT with a side of glorious extra features!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 12:08:08 PM PDT
me too! I love this movie.

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 7:10:45 PM PDT
I can't believe they released the DVD without any decent bonus features. :( I want that Blu-ray!

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 7:34:30 AM PDT
Still waiting for this...

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:11:21 PM PST
Please universal release the burbs on blu ray !!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:11:39 PM PST
Please universal release the burbs on blu ray !!!

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 1:56:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 1:32:32 AM PDT
Ein says:
come on universal you've released a lot worse on Blu ray. Besides Ricky Butler says.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:46:58 AM PST
D. Olson says:
I would pay $100 for a Blu-ray version.

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 10:50:17 PM PDT
Philly B says:
Would love to see a Blu Ray. One of my top 5 films.

Posted on May 29, 2013 9:22:57 PM PDT
Bradley Bick says:
Well if ricky butler says then it must be coming!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 9:49:13 PM PDT
Lololol made my night.

Why is this movie so under appreciated? In the 90s when LucasArts was popular, I always thought The Burbs was begging to be adapted into a graphical point and click adventure game.

Never got it, and now we can't even get a damn Bluray.

If I ever met anyone from the film, something about The Burbs would be the first thing out of my mouth. Nothing else in their bodies of work even matter in comparison. What's Star Wars? What's *insert famous Tom Hanks movie here*?

It's not them. It's us.

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 12:46:38 PM PDT
Philly B says:
Why does it say Sweden got it on May 22nd?!?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Burbs-Blu-ray/60505/

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 3:28:54 PM PST
still waiting ...i can not get tired of watching this movie ..all time fav ..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2013 3:29:50 PM PST
I've been waiting for the Blu-ray to watch it again, but I am going to end up giving up. I haven't seen it in years now, and eventually I am just going to watch it anyway! THERE GO THE GODDAMN BROWNIES.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2013 3:30:12 PM PST
Is that accurate??

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 10:44:06 AM PST
M. P. Cronin says:
This is the 25th anniversary year (2014) of the film. We have to get a Blu-Ray soon right?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 1:19:49 PM PST
25 years! Wow! Yeah, you'd sure think so.

Posted on May 4, 2014 7:36:16 AM PDT
Okay, so Arrow is releasing a swanky-looking "SteelBook" edition of The Burbs in the UK on Blu-ray. Unfortunately, it is region-locked to B/2 (i.e. Europe, etc, will not work on U.S. Blu-ray players).

I honestly almost cried. Now I'm just kind of mad.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2014 10:25:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2014 10:26:37 AM PDT
Tuco says:
As previously stated, not region-free, but with plenty of extra features:

British distributors Arrow Video have detailed their upcoming Blu-ray release of Joe Dante's The 'Burbs (1989), available for purchase on September 15th, 2014.

Special Features:

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Theatrical cut, newly-restored from the original film elements
- Original uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM Audio
- Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary with writer Dana Olsen, moderated by author Calum Waddell
- There Goes the Neighbourhood: The Making of The 'Burbs - A new feature-length documentary including interviews with Dante, actors Corey Feldman, Courtney Gains and Wendy Schaal, director of photography Robert M. Stevens and production designer James H. Spencer
- The original Workprint cut of the film transferred from Director Joe Dante's personal copy, on home video for the very first time - includes deleted and alternate scenes!
- A Tale of Two 'Burbs - Video featurette comparing the differences between the Workprint and Theatrical cuts of the film, with optional audio commentary from Dante
- Alternate ending, presented in HD for the very first time
- Original Theatrical Trailer in HD
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kenneth J. Souza, author of Scared Silly: The Films of Joe Dante, and an article looking at the collaborations of Joe Dante and composer Jerry Goldsmith, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 10:41:03 AM PDT
Dang. I hope someone picks it up for US release or region-free.

Posted on May 16, 2015 9:42:35 AM PDT
redheads says:
where in so california I get the blu ray version of the Burbs

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2015 9:53:07 AM PDT
You mean the UK version? You'd need a UK region player to even play it if you could get it. I'd try to find it on the internet if you want it, though.

Posted on Mar 3, 2016 12:08:44 PM PST
Bdubslawman says:
Why did they have to region lock it? So many European BRs are not. It's NOT like Universal appears to be releasing one here in the States, so the LEAST they could have done is let Arrow release it Region Free.

Posted on May 29, 2016 9:28:35 AM PDT
It's probably region locked due to the fact there is a USA release that'a budget disk. It's a Best Buy exclusive Blu and is priced at $9.99.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2016 9:39:37 AM PDT
blu ray dot com sent me a pre-order notification as well, so it must not be BB exclusive. $10 there as well. It's better than nothing! I'd prefer to buy it from Amazon and to have it on Instant Video as well (and itunes actually), but I'm desperate enough to take anything
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The 'Burbs forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2010
Latest post:  May 29, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The 'Burbs
The 'Burbs by Tom Hanks (DVD - 1999)
4.5 out of 5 stars (469)