Anyone who wants to know more about how films and TV shows are distributed and exploited can learn a huge amount from this book.
- Jim Morris,Pixar Animation Studios General Manager, EVP, Production, and Producer Wall . E
The entertainment industry is an industry with ongoing challenges with constant change. Jeff provides a road map to see where you are going by understanding where you started.
- Louis Feola, President,Paramount Famous Productions
Ulin expertly depicts the fl uid nature of content creation and distribution in a concise and understandable way. There's never been a better insider's look at the choices and challenges that studio executives face every day.
- Gary Marenzi,President, MGM Worldwide Television
Jeff Ulin's broad spectrum of expertise, spanning all aspects of motion picture and television distribution, from theatrical to home entertainment to new media and television licensing, render him uniquely qualifi ed to illuminate the business side of the entertainment business.
- Hal Richardson,President of Paramount Worldwide Television
Jeff Ulin's book is a must read for practitioners, academics and potential investors in the new media space. Having worked in all segments of the industry, Ulin brings together a unique combination of experience and analytical rigor to deconstruct the driving forces of an industry in dynamic change.
- Pablo Spiller, Jeffrey A. Jacobs Distinguished Professor of Business and Technology, Haas School of Business.
This is the book that everyone in the business has been waiting for - Jeff's seen it all, and has written a must-read book for those wanting to understand the jigsaw of media distribution and in what ways the web is infl uencing how, when and where money is made.
- Michael Uslan, Executive Producer, Batman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight
Every Silicon Valley start-up working with Hollywood needs to know what Jeff knows. With his knowledge, you're better able to fast forward the future of online video. Without it, you risk being stuck on pause.
- Kevin Yen, Director, Strategic Partnerships YouTube