Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on May 9, 1997
My 8 year old was feeling a bit left out when her sister was born. I was seeking something that we can do together that's meaningful, fun and brief. Reading Jeff's poetries was wonderful. Highly recommended. I think from an adult's point, the first 20 or so are the best. My daughter will disagree
on April 22, 2013
I bougt this book a long time ago when I lived in the desert of California at a used junk store. I purchased it
for my granddaughter who is now 23 yrs old and in the Navy. I thought back then it was witty and a fun book and compared it to WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS and A LIGHT IN THE ATTIC. I like poetry and this is whimiscal and pure magic as well. I wish it were not out of print as it should be available to all children everywhere.
on January 13, 2000
The Butterfly Jar was the book that really got me into poetry. I checked it out of my school libary 5 to 10 times. I went back to my elemtrey school (I am in Jr. High) and found the book and re-read poems that I had totally forgotten about. This is a great book of poems for people that need a bit of help in the imagination deparment.
on January 13, 2000
on June 17, 2000
When I was in 4th grade (I'm in 10th now) I had to memorize a poem for class and I chose one out of this book and that summer I moved and never found the book again. For the past 5 years I've been looking for The Butterfly Jar and now that I've found it I'm so happy!
on January 20, 2014
I had received this book originally from Jeff Moss's wife before he died. My kids loved this book and now they are adults and still love it. I bought it so that my daughter could read it with her son.
on May 29, 2014
Loved the book; gave several copies away - kids, grandkids, & adult friends. Many thought it was a children's book until they opened it and read it. It is for all ages. My personal favorite is titled "Grandma's Kisses;" we (grandparents) just hooted over it.
on June 8, 2013
When my daughter was 4 years old, I looked and looked for a children's book of poetry to catch and hold her interest. My mom found and mailed this one to us. We sat and made it through half of the book in one sitting. It is one of those books that over the years we have returned to and read over and over. We look for it and buy it for our friends' children and grandchildren. My daughter is 28 years old now and it is still on our all time favorites list.
on November 3, 2002
This book of peoms will really touch you. I LOVED it. find it in your heart to BUY THIS BOOK!!!! =0p
on November 29, 2005
I first recieved this book when I was 7 or 8 years-old, and I loved it I'm now 20 and still enjoy Jeffery Moss's poems just as much. Some poems are beauiful, some are fun, and some are just plain silly. This is a wonderful resource for anyone who wants to introduce their children to poety. Esspecially if they wish to enjoy the poems right along with their young ones (I know my parents did)!