5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding Information
Published on December 13, 1999 by Nanjean

3.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be True
Too many questions left unanswered and too much doubt with this whole subject of calcium. First of all blood levels of Calcium as well as PH are influenced by tightly controlled complex acid/base buffering systems in the body. Even a slight increase or decrease in blood PH ( normal is around 7.4) will quickly cause both respiratory and/or metabolic acidosis or alkalosis...
Published on November 11, 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding Information, December 13, 1999
This review is from: The Calcium Factor: The Scientific Secret of Health and Youth (Paperback)
I could not put this book down! Robert Barefoot explains everything so clearly and anyone can understand this very important information. I want to scream, "WHY don't more doctors know this or pass this on! " The research was done over 60 years ago and the medical profession continues to ONLY burn, cut, or poison [radiation, surgery, chemotherapy/drugs] the symptoms of disease rather than build the immune system so that the body can fight disease like it was designed to do. As the back cover of the book states, "cancer cells cannot exist in an alkaline enviornment", so if we put the body back into an alkaline state as it was when we were born, the cancer cells simply die off. Pass this book on to EVERYONE you know. A good companion book is Theodore Baroody's book "Alkalize or Die". Pretty straight forward title, but another book that will give anyone ammunition for wellness.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important Health book I have ever read., May 19, 1999
This book proves how important it is to have the body fluids slightly alkaline and tells you how to test yourself so you maintain a proper balance. It also proves that calcium is the most important nutrient after oxygen and water because calcium carries the other nutrients into the cells. "Over 200 diseases are linked to IONIC CALCIUM DEFICIENCY: Cancer, Diabetes, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Osteoprosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...And Many, Many More. Acidosis (overly acid body) is the primary indicator of I.C.D.D. - IONIC CALCIUM DEFICIENCY DISEASE. Scientists have discovered that the body fluids of healthy people are alkaline (high pH) whereas the body fluids of sick people are acidic (low pH). 'Calcium deficiency is the universal property of all cancer cells.' CALCIUM IN BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS (vol 1, l985, CRD Press, Inc.) 'The early work of Otto Warburg, some 60 years ago (CAUSE AND PREVENTION OF CANCER; Biochem Zeits, 152:514-520, 1924), showed that cancer was associated with aenerobic (deficiency of oxygen) conditions, resulting in fermentation and a drop in the pH of the cell. (LOW pH HYPERTHERMIA CANCER THERAPY, Cancer Chemotherapy Pharmacology 4; 137-145, 1980). Moreover, the production of mutation receptors cannot occur with the pH of the cell in the healthy, calcium buffered 7.4 to 6.6 range." ....

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Health Book Ever Written, May 28, 2000
Information about Robert Barefoot isn't very easy to find.. I guess he likes to remain low-key. But he has collaborated with Dr. Reisch on the best health book ever written. If you are looking to buy a book to improve your health, well-being, and to extend your life, this is the book! His facts are backed up by superior scientific research, and the book makes all the sense in the world. I have tried everything known to man.. even Gary Null's programs. The lifestyle outlined in "The Calcium Factor" has brought my health from average to great in only a few weeks. I can't say enough great things about this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars reading The Calcium Factor changed my life, July 5, 2002
Dottie Binns (Painesville, Ohio) - See all my reviews
...I read the calcium factor, which talked about coral calcium neutralizing the acid condiditon in your body. I highly recommend anyone , who is interested in a natural way of maintaining their health, to read this book . . I am 75 years young. I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs. I have always had what oncologists call a high acid stomach, consequently, all the problems that go along with this condition: heartburn, acid reflux, ulcers, hiatal hernia,h-pylora infection, continue to plague me.Twenty years ago the doctors at the Cleveland clinic said that I would probably have to be on tums ,after meals, for the rest of my life. Since then they came out with a pill that will stop the acid from forming. First I was on tagamet, then prilosec, prevacid, and pepcid.
So I gave the coral calcium a try--- I took 3 caps a day and after just three weeks I was able to stop the previcid...it appears for good, because after six months all I take is 3 capsules of coral calcium a day. In addition, after a couple of months on the coral calcium, my hands were free of arthritic pain, my thumbs hurt so badly , I could not grip anything,my doctor recommended cortisone shots in both hands to relieve the pain.needless to say, I was extremely happy to tell him the coral calcium did the job painlessly for me. Coral calcium has been a natural way to get my system out of it's acid condition. I am certain it is helping to keep my bones strong too. Do I recommend it? You bet! It could be the answer you are looking for...make make certain it's pure marine coral calcium from okinawa...

5.0 out of 5 stars TURNED MY LIFE AROUND, October 12, 1999
By A Customer
I have been taking supplements for 20 years and engaged in athletic activities and working out- all was fine until a few years ago my body took a dive for no apparent reason. I tried lots of solutions with some help. 30 days ago I read this book and got these supplements from SYMBIOGEN and like magic- the brown spots faded, my yellowing skin vanished, I lost excess weight, I regained new strength, my hair stopped falling out in the shower, I no longer get winded during exercise, my EYESIGHT is improving- I am positively amazed at what a dramatic effect the right calcium formulation has had on me. I really feel as if I'm growing younger- my friends notice it too. If you do not at least read this book, which explains everything in qualifiable scientific detail, at least take this new age antidote to aging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Someone had to speak the TRUTH!, April 11, 2000
"airrpony" (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
110% EXCELLENT --Right on the money..As a student of naturopathic medicine, I have found tons of research to back up what Mr. Barefoot says. I have been taking 5000mgs of citrate/calcium for years with 2000IU-Vit-D and 5000IU Vit-A has done no harm to me, I feel great. The RDA by our GOV'mt is a joke. RDA means "recommended death allowance" This books should be required reading for cont'd education for all M.D.'s instead of learning about another destructive drug. Great info with application. I read both books, both are equally excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars ALKALIZING YOUR CHEMISTYRY IS ESSENTIAL FOR HEALTH, August 14, 2003
Gia "gia9" (Pacific Palisades, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
For all those skeptics out there Bob Barefoot never says coral calcium cures anything, but what he does state is that the body heals itself, if given the right ph chemistry. For the person that wrote the review on the FTC charges against Bob Barefoot and coral calcium...the charges against Bob Barefoot were ,in fact, dropped the next day after filing suit...they had no case against him and they knew it. The book itself is written poorly..he would have done better to have a ghost writer. People need to stop believing in pharmaceuticals to help all their illnesses, when there are natural ways of healing yourself.Bob Barefoot states this over and over in his book...and not one time does he make a statement that coral calcium cures anything. For those who are skeptic, if you test your ph and you find out you are acid..if you alkalize you will notice within in a couple of weeks an increase in your energy level and also you will start sleeping sounder and get that deep rem sleep, that is required for repairing your body. if you have acid reflux or gerd, your symptoms will be completely eliminated after 3-4 weeks..and astonishingly you can eat things like tomatoes, cucumbers, onion...and not get the heartburn. i watched my mom's health transform over a year, since she has been on it. she has no more arthritis pain in her hands and the acid reflux she had for 9 years was gone after taking the coral calcium for one month.she went from a 5.5 ph to a 6.5 and what a difference in her energy level and sleeping pattern, she was always a nite marrauder an now she sleeps like a baby.i watched my sister who had a high reading for her liver 3 times what was normal...her doctor took her off all vitamins and drugs and let her stay on the coral calcium only...after 4 months she had more tests that showed her liver readings came back to normal.she also went from a 5.5 ph to a 6.5, she also had acid reflux and now she doesn't , as long as her chemistry stays alkaline. so bottom line our bodies have the ability to heal themselves, if given the proper nutrients, vitamins and minerals...and calcium is essential for the healing to take place.in regards to the FTC suit, the large pharmaceutical corporations would love to see coral calcium go away, if you know what i mean. when you look at the cost of exp. nexium at $300 a month (this being a maintenance drug taken every month for the rest of your life) they stand to lose allot ,considering it's $20.00 a bottle for coral calcium. Bob Barefoot states a fact when he says that the large pharmaceutical corporations can't patent a vitamin or mineral, so they want nothing to do with it ,because there is no money in it.the pharmaceuticals are a $364 billion dollar a year industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars sceptics might want to actually read it first, September 12, 2002
By A Customer
Some of the previous reviewer(s) obviously did not read the book. First of all, Barefoot quotes some of the Nobel Prize winners as well as other researchers and has admitted he backs their findings. Secondly, there is a lot of research proving the great benefits of calcium, not just naturalists. As with anything, different people's results will vary. Calcium was not discovered yesterday. To all the skeptics, where is your certificate of authenticity? Do you have proof that you know better? What research have you done? Those who say Calcium is bogus are not taking it in good form. This book provides a good source of info and explanation on Calcium and its necessity in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Helped Me, September 23, 2002
By A Customer
People who critisize Mr. Barefoot for promoting Coral calcium obviously did not read the entire book. In his book he also suggests inexpensive way to alkilize your body without "CORAL" calcium. I dont' know chemistry really well to judge accuracy of the bio-chemical explanations, but one thing I know for sure: the day my father, my mother in-law, and my neibour started taking calcium the way it is described in the book, their aweful night leg spasms stopped that very day, and after being on regular calcium supplement for only 2 months my neibour got down to 2 pain pills a day for arthoritis as opposed to 10-12 a day. These are the facts I know. Nobody has to take anything they read for a fact - but everybody has to read this book and go from there. You owe it to yourself. It is better to regret about what you did than about what you did not do - especially if your health is at stake.

4.0 out of 5 stars "The Critical Factor", November 25, 2002
F. J. Dart (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
After reading this book from the public library, I found it needs to be on my own reference shelf at home -...Previous reviewers, notably, divide into those who have TRIED Mr Barefoot's recommendations and find various benefits, and those who compare it with previous nutritionally deficient advice and criticize from their comfortable armchairs. For me, it parallels my own nutritional experiences into calcium, vitamin D, sunshine, zinc, copper & other minerals/vitamins, etc. as a chemist. While I may differ marginally on some minor points of chemical interpretation, I concur MASSIVELY on his real-life observations. Well done, Robert Barefoot!

The Calcium Factor: The Scientific Secret of Health and Youth
The Calcium Factor: The Scientific Secret of Health and Youth by Robert R. Barefoot (Paperback - February 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $0.01