From the Back Cover
An ideal introduction to calligraphy, this handsomely illustrated book and starter kit are just what you need to begin enjoying this fascinating hobby. The book included in The Calligrapher's Studio kit is an authoritative one. It explores a variety of techniques, including traditional pen-and-ink, gilding, and resist work, and shows you how to master the principal writing styles. It offers special projects that will enable you make a range of beautiful decorative items, such as party invitations, a child's ABC cube, and a commemorative plaque. the illustrated step-by-step instructions are clear and easy to follow, and are designed to help you feel at home with this popular art-even while you're still a beginner. In the kit that accompanies the book, you'll find the kind of papers and all the other materials and equipment you need to start right in and launch your calligraphy career.
* Packed with helpful hints and tips from an experienced calligrapher.
* Step-by-step projects show you the whole process-how to complete a piece of work from the simplest beginnings.
* More than 250 inspiring examples of the calligrapher's art.
* Spiral binding allows the book to lie flat, making it convenient and easy to use while you work.
* Kit contains everything you need to get started.
About the Author
Claire Secrett was born in Haslemere in Surrey, and became interested in calligraphy and lettering at an early age. She studied calligraphy at the Roehampton Institute in London, obtaining a certificate of Calligraphy and Bookbinding and a Diploma in Calligraphy with Merit. During this period she studied under several top calligraphers, including Ann Camp, Gaynor Goffe, Gerry Fleuss, and Ewan Clayton. She is a member of the Society of Scribes and Illustrators and The Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society. She regularly exhibits in galleries and runs her own studio.