4.0 out of 5 stars For Kids, This Book is Great!
At first my seven year-old son, a devout Captain Underpants fan, was doubtful as to whether or not to get this book. He saw the so-so ratings on Amazon and didn't think he was going to enjoy it. But upon purchasing a used version of the book, he found he loved all the activities included.

Inside he found stickers, crossword puzzles, word finds, jokes, a comic:...
Published on July 25, 2005 by James Choma

3.0 out of 5 stars Captain Underpants books contain free spelling lessons!
Published on December 14, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Captain Underpants books contain free spelling lessons!, December 14, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The All New Captain Underpants Extra-Crunchy Book o' Fun 2 (Paperback)
I shared the concern of a previous reviewer about the multitude of misspellings in the Captain Underpants books. However, instead of forbidding my 9-year-old son from reading the books (which he loves), I turned the Captain Underpants books into a spelling lesson. I have my son mark the misspelled words and then write them correctly. If he's not sure of the spelling, he looks it up in the dictionary.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Kids, This Book is Great!, July 25, 2005

Inside he found stickers, crossword puzzles, word finds, jokes, a comic: "The Bride of Harry Potty," and step-by-step instructions on how to draw the Captain Underpants characters. It runs about 96 pages, but it's chock full of fun.

Now, don't buy this expecting another Captain Underpants adventure; it's an activity book. If your child is looking for something to ease the wait for the next Captain Underpants book, give this a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 10 year has always loved Dav Pilkey...., February 8, 2007
S. Gayhart (Culpeper, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
My son has enjoyed listening to Dav Pilkey books for years. We would read them to him as an infant, toddler and now he loves to read them himself. He has read the books Dav Pilkey wrote for school age children, all of them. The "Book O' Fun" books, he really has appreciated the activities included in the fun pack books, based on "The Captain Underpants Series." He is especially fond of the step by step examples given for drawing the different characters. We would recommend any of Dav Pilkey books. Your child can grow with the wide range of creative books Dav Pilkey has published. I suggest parents browse Dav Pilkey's various book collection and maybe even give him a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars good adventure, September 26, 2011
lettra (FLORISSANT, MISSOURI, United States) - See all my reviews
My son lives Captain Underpants. It is not the comics I grew up with or custom to but he loves it. If the books makes him want to read I say GOOD.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Captain Underpants, April 8, 2004
Nathan (Brooklyn NY) - See all my reviews
I love the activities in this book. The comics made me laugh until I wet my pants. The jokes and comics are hilarious. It's not my most favorite Captain Underpants book but I still love it. Though the jokes are a lliittttlle overoffensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, April 19, 2010
Anything I can do to encourage my 9 year old son to read, even if it's something silly, is great. When I find the books at a good price and in good shape that's a major plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit hit for a 7 year old!, November 30, 2007
We bought these and other Captain Underpants for our 7 year old grandson. They are his favorite books and prefers the softcover to hardcover so that he can take them anywhere to continue reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Aunt, October 19, 2004
I bought my nephew this book as his first chapter book and he absolutly loved it, he sat down and read it in one day, and he just turned six. I am not bothered by the misspelled words. After all these books are supposed to be written by 2nd graders, and at that young an age teachers should not be correcting spelling, they should be encouraging children to sound out a word, and then make an educated guess as to how it is spelled. It's about recognizing letter sounds, and letter combinations, not exact spelling. That comes later. I plan on getting the entire series for my nephew for christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, April 16, 2014
Daughter is into this book series so I think an activity book is a great addition. Another Easter basket surprise.

1.0 out of 5 stars rating based solely on a review on Huffington Post by a concerned parent, October 27, 2013
[...]

Apparently one of the stories involves significantly belittling of women. I leave it to you to decide (please read the huffington post article) whether this is something you want your children to read.

The All New Captain Underpants Extra-Crunchy Book o' Fun 2
The All New Captain Underpants Extra-Crunchy Book o' Fun 2 by Dav Pilkey (Paperback - September 1, 2002)
$4.99 $4.08