Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Carb Sensitivity Program: Discover Which Carbs Will Curb Your Cravings, Control Your Appetite, and Banish Belly Fat
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 12, 2012
I decided to write this review to give an opposite view from the only other review for the book, as I liked very much the way it is written and the structure of the book. I have no personal interest and no relations whatsoever with the author, by tne way.
Let me say I've been reading about low carb for quite a while and can say I do know quite enough by now, but I always come to the conclusion that you never lose by reviewing your concepts and theory from time to time, and this is what this book also provides.

What I liked most about the book is the guides she provides at each phase for cleaning your body from carb addiction, including suplements from a wide range of brands, so you are not stuck to buying supplements from her own brand as some authors usually do.

In short, no matter if you are an expert in dieting and low carb, I am sure there is something for everyone here. I would recommend!
on October 11, 2012
I have had great success with the Atkins diet. However, once I got into maintenance of Atkins, I would experience slow weight gains. I would recover with a round of induction eating, but something did not seem quite right. Reading this book helped me understand the source of my yo-yo weight behavior, how hunger and satiety is determined in the human body, and provided a clearly written guide for testing which carbs were my triggers followed by a sensible and simple to follow program to remediate sensitivity to the foods triggering my cravings and weight gain.

Along with the diet and recipe suggestions were great guidelines for supplements both from her private label and alternative brands, which I could purchase locally or order from Amazon. Another nice features of this book are the well illustrated strength training exercises you can do at home and advice on vegetarian and vegan alternatives for the program. I only have one improvement suggestion for this book: that green/non-starchy vegetables are eaten with every meal should be noted on the daily meal plan pages in addition to being documented on the summary page for each phase.

In summary - this program works! If you have used Atkins, South Beach or other low-carb diets and need further fine-tuning to maintain ongoing weight loss beyond the induction phase this is your go-to book.
on April 26, 2014
I am in the military and have worked out and tried to eat healthy most of my life. Unfortunately, like many people, I have slowly put on weight and no amount of working out or cutting calories seemed to help. I wanted to try something new and my wife and I started this diet. We are just finishing the 5th week and I have lost over 16 pounds. I am in better shape and my workouts are going better and I am starting to have more energy. Overall this lays out a plan week by week on how and what to eat. It gives you recipes and a specific plan to follow. If you follow the plan you can't help but lose weight. If you have been fighting with your weight and are looking for a healthy way to lose 20+ lbs I would recommend this. In addition there are some side benefits to this-I am sleeping better than I have in years, I'm not hungry all the time, no headaches etc. Overall I just feel more healthy, AND I'm losing weight. The people rating this book one or two stars are not following the diet and critiquing it for the wrong reasons-“I already knew all this” is not a reason for two stars. If you already know it all why did you buy the book AND why don’t you try it before you criticize it?
IMHO-this diet works well-especially if you have reached the 40+ age where nothing seems to work.

The only other thing I can add is buy a blender that has a single cup capability-you are going to drink a shake every day.
on March 15, 2013
Trust me, I've read them all, just like you and I was still searching for answers of why I can not lose weight, but NO more searching. Fianlly someone has answers to why, no matter what I do, nothing changes! And it's not like I haven't tried and tried, for years. "The Dukan Diet", 18 months ago began my search for solutions. Many books written about low carb diets, and addresses the difficulty that many are experiencing with trying to get to a healthy weight, but few books provide 'doable' solutions. This book is different, for many reasons.
First, Dr. Turner is a knowledgable author with a real grasp of a nationwide epidemic regarding carb intolerance. Everything you'd ever want to know about carbs, insulin reisitance, hormone imbalance, cell resistance to insulin, and inflammation is covered in great detail in this book, and is very easy to understand. If only the solution would be as easy.
That's my next point: The author provides easy to follow steps for individuals, at different stages of intolerance; so everyone whom reads this, can get their own step by step program towards a solution to properly behaving cells that process insulin how your body's meant to.
Third: The recipes included (like 19 protein/smoothie recipes) are easy to prepare, using readily available/normal ingredients. They all sound delicious!
Here's the difference, when my last book "The Plan" got to the recipie section, I totally lost interest! The recipies were just too weird! I had no intension to try any of them .......and that's when I began my Amazon search again.
I saw Dr. Turner on the Dr. OZ Show, and decided to try yet another book.
I can't wait to start on this plan! but I want to read the entire book, first. Just can not find time quickly enough to finish up! The chapters in the book are designed to easily jump around. I have found the kindle version great, for wanting information now! But for searching chapters, jumping around is much easier with a book (which I will probably purchase anyways) but I was impatient and could not wait.
I wanted to share with you, that this book is worth your time and money, if you haven't given up, try one more diet book. This one is DIFFERENT. See for yourself! (You can always return it.) Once I'm finish reading, and start her program, and will update my review. But while I continue reading, I will be trying out some of her smoothie recipes this weekend!
I did also purchase "The Hormone Diet, A 3-step program..." and returned it. This being her newer book: "the Carb Sensitivity Program" is a complete package.
on September 16, 2014
This book is my saving grace. After managing my weight for decades, menopause sent me a thrashing 6 pounds around my middle that appeared with no change of diet or exercise, just jumbled hormonal weight gain. Nothing in my old bag of tricks would get rid of these pounds. I bought this book, followed it and the first week lost 3 pounds. Now three weeks later the 6 pounds that wouldn't budge are gone and I feel great. It is not a diet, but an understanding of how sugars are being processed in the body and a healthier way to eat. After the second day, I started to feel full before I could finish any meal. This rocks! Highly recommended.
on December 22, 2013
If you are like me and have been eating really well BUT have failed to loose weight, then this book is for you. I have never been a fan of a "high protein diet" but this one is different. Every week it introduces more food that you can eat and once a week you even get a free "eat anything you wan"t (in moderation of course) meal. You will always feel satisfied by eating 6 small meals and you will not even have cravings. This program is so worth it and I believe you will see your belly shrink too if you choose to follow it.
on October 30, 2013
Having had great success with a low-carb approach to diet, this book is an excellent resource for anyone who really wants to see how adressing the effects of carbs in their diet can improve their quality of life. Dd. Turner's common-sense approach is easy to follow & incredibly effective. If you want to lose weight, no matter how much or little, improve your mood & general quality of life, I highly recommend this book. Having lost 80 pounds & improved my health immeasurably, I can say that this book can change your life. If I can do it, anyone who has an ounce of commitment can. All the best to those who try.
on May 23, 2014
Ok..soo...I have always had issues with carbs and kept weight on. After reading this book I have been able to restructure my diet, understand what my sensitivities are and have already lost 20pounds. Initially I was looking for weight loss...but now I want to continue with this program as I am feeling awesome and energetic. Very easy to understand.
on November 18, 2014
I read this book cover to cover just to see what she had to say. Much of it made a lot of sense but was things I had already been doing. I decided to purchase some of the supplements she suggested and am happy to report I am down 3.5 lbs in my first week! i'm sold.
on May 31, 2016
Great Book - I've never felt better. It was informative and gave me some insight on why I have felt so foggy and achy over the last couple of years. Tried some pointers and it's made a huge difference