|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
1) If there's a loving God, why does this pain-wracked world groan under so much suffering and evil?These are mighty tough questions, and Strobel fields them well. Rather than write a weighty dissertation about the merits of faith, he brings us along on his quest as we meet leaders in the Christian community, such as Peter Kreeft and William Lane Craig. We also encounter his everyday friends and acquaintances that serendipitously fill in the holes in each of the eight arguments against faith. The use of dialogue from personal interviews and a scene-by-scene active narrative makes this an easy and engaging read. However, easy does not mean breezy. This is a book of substance and merit, one that will help Christians defend their faith, especially during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt. --Gail Hudson
2) If the miracles of God contradict science, then how can any rational person believe that they're true?
3) If God is morally pure, how can he sanction the slaughter of innocent children as the Old Testament says he did?
4) If God cares about the people he created, how could he consign so many of them to an eternity of torture in hell just because they didn't believe the right things about him?
5) If Jesus is the only way to heaven, then what about the millions of people who have never heard of him?
6) If God really created the universe, why does the evidence of science compel so many to conclude that the unguided process of evolution accounts for life?
7) If God is the ultimate overseer of the church, why has it been rife with hypocrisy and brutality throughout the ages?
8) If I'm still plagued by doubts, then is it still possible to be a Christian?
This is an easy to read book wherein the author provides compelling and persuasive evidence for the Christian faith, making it clear that true believers are not those who have... Read morePublished 15 days ago by AJB Wolves
I have read Lee's "Case for Christ" and this is just as good. I recommend this to anyone who wants to be better able to answer questions about their faith.Published 24 days ago by Morgan
My Bible Study group is enjoying this book and the entire study.Published 1 month ago by Cheryl J. Bruce
I'm Brittany, a junior in high school.
Lee Strobel effectively compiled numerous interviews alongside his own thoughts and opinions into a thoroughly convincing and... Read more