|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
1) If there's a loving God, why does this pain-wracked world groan under so much suffering and evil?These are mighty tough questions, and Strobel fields them well. Rather than write a weighty dissertation about the merits of faith, he brings us along on his quest as we meet leaders in the Christian community, such as Peter Kreeft and William Lane Craig. We also encounter his everyday friends and acquaintances that serendipitously fill in the holes in each of the eight arguments against faith. The use of dialogue from personal interviews and a scene-by-scene active narrative makes this an easy and engaging read. However, easy does not mean breezy. This is a book of substance and merit, one that will help Christians defend their faith, especially during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt. --Gail Hudson
2) If the miracles of God contradict science, then how can any rational person believe that they're true?
3) If God is morally pure, how can he sanction the slaughter of innocent children as the Old Testament says he did?
4) If God cares about the people he created, how could he consign so many of them to an eternity of torture in hell just because they didn't believe the right things about him?
5) If Jesus is the only way to heaven, then what about the millions of people who have never heard of him?
6) If God really created the universe, why does the evidence of science compel so many to conclude that the unguided process of evolution accounts for life?
7) If God is the ultimate overseer of the church, why has it been rife with hypocrisy and brutality throughout the ages?
8) If I'm still plagued by doubts, then is it still possible to be a Christian?
A very well thought out and well researched book for those searching for Truth.Published 8 days ago by booklover
At the request of my believer family, I read both of the Lee Strobel books. I finished only the first few chapters of The Case for Christ before giving up. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Jason R. Coombs
Love this book and Lee Strobel. I've read it twice. My neighborhood Bible Study just finished it and we felt it gave us confidence in our ability to talk with seekers about our... Read morePublished 9 days ago by MK Reagan
As no other time in history Christianity faces some of most serious challenges nowadays. Lee Strobel has assembled an extraordinary group of theologians, scientists and... Read morePublished 11 days ago by Ruben A. Torres
I bought this for a friend, I've read it before and it's absolutely excellent!Published 1 month ago by Gold Wood
Good book. Some repeat from his other two- but had some good clarification.Published 1 month ago by Jennifer Lynch
I highly recomend this book to those that are looking for answers.Published 1 month ago by Robert Hawes