|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
1) If there's a loving God, why does this pain-wracked world groan under so much suffering and evil?These are mighty tough questions, and Strobel fields them well. Rather than write a weighty dissertation about the merits of faith, he brings us along on his quest as we meet leaders in the Christian community, such as Peter Kreeft and William Lane Craig. We also encounter his everyday friends and acquaintances that serendipitously fill in the holes in each of the eight arguments against faith. The use of dialogue from personal interviews and a scene-by-scene active narrative makes this an easy and engaging read. However, easy does not mean breezy. This is a book of substance and merit, one that will help Christians defend their faith, especially during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt. --Gail Hudson
2) If the miracles of God contradict science, then how can any rational person believe that they're true?
3) If God is morally pure, how can he sanction the slaughter of innocent children as the Old Testament says he did?
4) If God cares about the people he created, how could he consign so many of them to an eternity of torture in hell just because they didn't believe the right things about him?
5) If Jesus is the only way to heaven, then what about the millions of people who have never heard of him?
6) If God really created the universe, why does the evidence of science compel so many to conclude that the unguided process of evolution accounts for life?
7) If God is the ultimate overseer of the church, why has it been rife with hypocrisy and brutality throughout the ages?
8) If I'm still plagued by doubts, then is it still possible to be a Christian?
I am a fairly new convert to Christianity, and i bought this book after reading about it on the internet. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by Miss Samantha Grayson
This book is a true blessing to me. So many times I would rewind the audio to make sure I heard right. It has made me think on a different level than before. Read morePublished 9 days ago by S. Shaffer
This is an amazing book. Lee Stobel is such a strong advacate for faith! His view on this is so refreshing. I believe he proves this point well! A must read!Published 9 days ago by robin
This book is fantastic because he was an atheist and tried to prove there was no God. Every turn proved him wrong.Published 10 days ago by Kay Jones
I send my husband who is in prison books all the time and he passes them along to friends who then pass them along. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Debolightful
Lee has a way to express the questions that every believer (and non-believer) has about faith and it's doubts. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Wynn
We love the openness of this writing. Great information for those asking questions and needing answers. Highly recommend this book and Seller to everyone.Published 22 days ago by QueenofCoffee