4.0 out of 5 stars 2 yr loves it!
This is great at .99¢! Not sure I would pay $4 though! My 2 year old loves it on auto play. It could definitely be a little more interactive instead of just showing the words when you touch something.
Published on May 23, 2011 by K. Gardner

1.0 out of 5 stars I have not received this on my Kindle Fire
I ordered this as I did my other kindle items and have not received The Cat in The Hat. Haven't received "Bad Piggies" kindle game either.
Published 21 months ago by jlh

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 yr loves it!, May 23, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great!, May 29, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
My 2 1/2 year old loves when I read this book to him and was mesmerized with the autoplay, we can't wait for Horton. I suppose we'll be collecting these like we did the books.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much joy, May 27, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
This brings me so much joy as an adult, and the possibility of a child not enjoying reading books like this doesn't even compute

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome! Very smooth., May 24, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
This runs very smooth on my Nook Color running the CM7 mod off a micro SD card. This is actually a very good comparison between the B&N interface vs a much more stock android system. I actually bought this on the Nook Apps store and on the B&N interface it was so slow and choppy it wasn't usable. But here it's perfectly smooth and my daughter really enjoys it. I figured it was worth $0.99 to see how it runs. It was. On the Nook apps store it was $3.99.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty captivating version of the book, March 13, 2013
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
The text and pictures render well on a Kindle Fire, and the option to have it read along intrigues my 6 year old son. He is also very involved in touching objects in the pictures to see their names pop up. He speaks Russian and English but less of the latter, and I expect this book may spur his English a little.
Others have had problems with downloading, and I would warn that this is an app--not an e-book. It takes a while longer than a book to download, and then it appears among your apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCEPTIONAL!, May 22, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
I was lucky to find this on sale for $.99, but even at full price this is a worthwhile purchase. Oceanhouse Media is producing some fantastic storybook apps. I with they'd get more for the Android platform (and I hope more go on sale or are offered as an Amazon free app of the day). This app is of exceedingly high quality. It looks fantastic on my rooted Nook Color. The only hesitation I had when I rooted my Nook Color and overwrote its internal memory with the CyanogenMod ROM was that I would lose the device's ability to run kids' Read & Play Nook Books. This app and its related apps basically do what the Nook's Read & Plan books do (maybe better). Until Barnes & Noble updates its Nook app on the Android Market so it plays its Read & Play books (it just added magazines & newspapers), apps like this one and the others from its developer will keep me an my child happy. I seriously hope this dev is able to expand is line of children's books on Android.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app, May 22, 2011
Amazon Customer (Soldotna, AK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
My daughter and I enjoy having this handy on the road. quality audio, well paced. Hard to pay for books we have, but the production value makes up for it. Will consider more from developer. I paid 3.99, would pay .99 in a second, hope they reduce others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great interactive fun!, May 21, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
This is a steal at $1! My 6month old loves the sounds & I'm sure he'll love it even more when he's able to understand it a little better. The interactive parts seem to be great to stimulate & educate. Reminds me of the old (dare I date myself?) read & listen cassette tapes I had to accompany the books when I was little...

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Living Books, Cat in the Hat interactive book., May 21, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
Reminds me of the PC living books CDs we used to have, this is worth the price, a few hours of reading/entertainment/education for the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 3 year old on the Xoom, May 21, 2011
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss (App)
My son loves swiping the pages and pressing all the pictures. It does have two small black bars on the side of my xoom but it looks and sounds great. I wish all of the Dr. Seuss books were only a dollar.

The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss