5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful Readings!
Published on April 18, 2004 by Homeschooler

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, Technical Aspects Need a Little Work
As others have said, these are great books, and my toddler loves them. I give the product a 3 star review for two reasons though:

Published on March 6, 2011 by JoshDH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, Technical Aspects Need a Little Work, March 6, 2011
JoshDH (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites (Audible Audio Edition)

1. There are times when the background music is too loud (as another reviewer said). With an audiobook, especially in the car, it is critically important to have the voice dominant enough to be heard clearly throughout, and that is occasionally not true here.

2. The books aren't separated or clearly delineated. If you bought the CD, you'd get each book as a separate track -- as things should be -- allowing you to find the start of a book and skip between books quickly. If you buy the Audible version, however, you're going to have to figure out that the Grinch begins at 25 minutes, 14 seconds and ends at 37 minutes, 28 seconds, etc. And you'll have to cope with the fact that there's absolutely no buffer between the books. I have just figured all these out and am using audio software to split the file up, but there's no reason I should have to do this. I can't edit the product for the rest of you, but here are the times:

The Cat in the Hat - 0:00:33 - 0:08:34
Yertle... - 1:01:11 - 1:23:39
Thidwick... - 1:23:40 - 1:35:00
Horton Catches the Egg - 1:35:01 - 1:46:06
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back - 1:46:07 - 1:55:11

In sum, a great product marred a bit by technical issues. Buy the CD & rip it is the easiest way to cope, but if you buy this, I hope the above saves you some frustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful Readings!, April 18, 2004
As a homeschooling Mom of 2 small girls, we do A LOT of reading together. What a treat to have someone else do the reading for me every once in a while! Kelsey Grammer, John Lithgow, Walter Matthau, Ted Danson, Billy Crystal and other famous voices certainly do an OUTSTANDING job! The stories are unabridged, which makes it easy to follow along with your own Dr Seuss library. Between the talented author and the unquestionably talented actors, you just can't go wrong...what a great gift to any child or Dr. Seuss fan of any age! My daughters love this CD, and are always asking for one more story or the other disc. SO...we purchased the Green Eggs and Ham CD set today, and are very eager to see how it compares to this fun compilation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for Early Readers, February 26, 2006
My son listens to these over and over with or without the book. He enjoys the narrators and has almost memorized the books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but background music interferes, January 4, 2009
Dina F (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves Dr. Seuss so I immediately ordered this CD and the Green Eggs & Ham version as well. It's a great idea, but the background music is too loud at various points so it's hard to understand the words while the CD plays. That is our only complaint. I was able to decipher what the reader was saying, but my four-year-old had trouble and lost patience with it after a few minutes. I'm hoping she'll grow to appreciate it as time goes on.

5.0 out of 5 stars All children should read or watch Dr. Seuss, March 20, 2013
Want to get your children away from the television more often.

This dvd is beautifully constructed.

Open up your child's imagination!

3.0 out of 5 stars No more, January 23, 2013
First of all audible. com took forever to authorize my computer then now that that's done it won't download to my computer. yea I think I'm officially going to deal with just hard books. And audible.com consider me Unsubscribed.... Of course right after I wrote the original version of this review the book started working..... Now that it works I'm fine but if I have to go through this every time I download something I think I'll go crazy...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling, September 12, 2011
The story telling of these books is fantastic. It captured the attention of my three year old, not an easy task. I was a little disappointed the CD's didn't come with the books. Maybe it should have been stated more clearly...

4.0 out of 5 stars The background music gets a bit too loud, October 28, 2009
T. V. Tucker (California, USA) - See all my reviews
The background music gets a bit loud at times. We got used to it eventually. Otherwise the stories are great and so are the performances. My 8y.o. son can't get enough. What's great, we could follow up with the books. I would highly recommend it for elementary school children.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cat in the hat, January 6, 2009
Kids like to listen to this a lot, we down loaded it to the computer and they love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stories!, August 27, 2008
E. Jenez "eaaj" (Kingston, Jamaica) - See all my reviews
Really Great Stories! My kids loved them. Gertrude McFuzz is fabulous and John Lithgow was superb as the reader. In fact all of the cast were excellent in their roles.

The Big Brag, Thidwick, How Lucky You Are are easily perpetual favorites. We played these over and over.

A not to be missed collection for young listeners.... ages 1 to 100!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›