5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for the sophisticated woman on a budget!
Published 13 months ago by 80 Mad

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another style guide
Published 11 months ago by TheMsBurkhead

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for the sophisticated woman on a budget!, November 11, 2013
This review is from: The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic (Paperback)
I am so happy that I bought this book. It's so well written and includes actual real life tips for extending your existing wardrobe and developing an eye for creativity when trying to enhance your sense of style. I can honestly say that I'm looking at my closet of clothes so differently now and pairing up certain pieces that I never thought of coordinating before. She also gives you several unique websites...most of which I had never even heard of...that has opened up an entire new world of cheap chic shopping for me. This is not a dumbed down "fluff" style book...this is a sophisticated, real-life guide for women ready to apply real tools to develop their style. I'm going to buy even more copies for holiday gifts this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy for holiday season, November 18, 2013
This is the bible of budget fashion. A must buy for the holiday season- perfect gift and awesome tips to stay stylish without breaking the bank!!!! Love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the style advice you need in one place - TIMELESS ADVICE!, January 2, 2014
I was looking for a book to help me both whittle down a kind of eclectic wardrobe, and to build up a collection of trend-proof basics. This book is well-written, clear, and fun to read! I am about 3/4 way through, and definitely feel that I got my money's worth. Lilliana Vazquez shows you:

-What pieces to spend more on, and where to save your money
-How to figure out your style
-Where to find inspiration
-A handy list of trend-proof must have basics
-Places where you can get a bang for your buck
-How to tell if an item is quality

She also gives you exercises on collecting fashion inspiration, which I had a blast doing on a popular free web-based pinboard site (ends in "-interest"). And although I love blogs and websites, this book is great because all the information on looking great for not much is in one easily searchable place. By far, this is one of the best books on style that I've read, and the information in it is really trend-proof. BRAVO!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another style guide, January 11, 2014
It's just a style guide for body types. I thought it would have more ideas and directions on what to find and how to update clothes like I saw her update on Rachel Ray but the book pretty much said do your own research on what's popular and figure out what you want to do. It says to go buy clothes cheap and mash them together but I got that info from the show. I was expecting more. If you're not a crafter or seemstress it would be difficult to suddenly learn how to sew clothing and make outfits look fashionable rather than second hand thrift store torn and pieces together. I'm still lost as to saving money and still looking good.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!!!, December 17, 2013
My, where to begin, this book arrived quickly, was just as described by the seller, and I am in love with this book, this book is so informative and fun to read, the writer has a great easy and flowing writing style, and I am loving this book, it arrived quickly, was packaged great for shipping and I love this book, anyone wanting to "find" a helpful, fun, and great book to help develop their own personal style should get this one, of all the books that I have gotten to help me get organized and help my to feel and look better about myself, this is the one that I am really enjoying and more importantly, can relate to. I would recommend this book to everyone it is a great book and has so many helpful hints and and ideas, it is a great book and rates an A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, December 20, 2013
Katie Rand (marblehead,mass) - See all my reviews
I have a ton of fashion/style books fromLauren Conrad to Rachel Zoe .and this is by far the best of them all !

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Savvy, December 15, 2013
I found the tips here so helpful and I am not a terribly thrifty shopper. The advice helps me feel fashionable and up to date while keeping me much more grounded while shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Cheap Chica too!, December 13, 2013
By Jadaci (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
It's a great guide more on shopping than so much on style (though there is some style information in it). If you see Ms. Vasquez on television doing style makeovers on other people, it helps you understand her style philosophy better and you'll understand how she gets such great bang for her buck with such great style!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style, April 28, 2014
Excellent tips and pointers. Refreshing to see how it encompasses all ages, not just the 20's and under. I now have a better understanding of how to combine and wear all my accessories and clothing .

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 18, 2014
I love it, she is so saavy and creative...i do a lot of stuff, but i'm still learning so much.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic
The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic by Lilliana Vazquez (Paperback - November 5, 2013)
$25.00 $20.54