Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 11, 2013
I am so happy that I bought this book. It's so well written and includes actual real life tips for extending your existing wardrobe and developing an eye for creativity when trying to enhance your sense of style. I can honestly say that I'm looking at my closet of clothes so differently now and pairing up certain pieces that I never thought of coordinating before. She also gives you several unique websites...most of which I had never even heard of...that has opened up an entire new world of cheap chic shopping for me. This is not a dumbed down "fluff" style book...this is a sophisticated, real-life guide for women ready to apply real tools to develop their style. I'm going to buy even more copies for holiday gifts this year!
on January 2, 2014
I was looking for a book to help me both whittle down a kind of eclectic wardrobe, and to build up a collection of trend-proof basics. This book is well-written, clear, and fun to read! I am about 3/4 way through, and definitely feel that I got my money's worth. Lilliana Vazquez shows you:

-What pieces to spend more on, and where to save your money
-How to figure out your style
-Where to find inspiration
-A handy list of trend-proof must have basics
-Places where you can get a bang for your buck
-How to tell if an item is quality

She also gives you exercises on collecting fashion inspiration, which I had a blast doing on a popular free web-based pinboard site (ends in "-interest"). And although I love blogs and websites, this book is great because all the information on looking great for not much is in one easily searchable place. By far, this is one of the best books on style that I've read, and the information in it is really trend-proof. BRAVO!
on December 17, 2013
My, where to begin, this book arrived quickly, was just as described by the seller, and I am in love with this book, this book is so informative and fun to read, the writer has a great easy and flowing writing style, and I am loving this book, it arrived quickly, was packaged great for shipping and I love this book, anyone wanting to "find" a helpful, fun, and great book to help develop their own personal style should get this one, of all the books that I have gotten to help me get organized and help my to feel and look better about myself, this is the one that I am really enjoying and more importantly, can relate to. I would recommend this book to everyone it is a great book and has so many helpful hints and and ideas, it is a great book and rates an A++++
on January 11, 2014
It's just a style guide for body types. I thought it would have more ideas and directions on what to find and how to update clothes like I saw her update on Rachel Ray but the book pretty much said do your own research on what's popular and figure out what you want to do. It says to go buy clothes cheap and mash them together but I got that info from the show. I was expecting more. If you're not a crafter or seemstress it would be difficult to suddenly learn how to sew clothing and make outfits look fashionable rather than second hand thrift store torn and pieces together. I'm still lost as to saving money and still looking good.
on November 18, 2013
This is the bible of budget fashion. A must buy for the holiday season- perfect gift and awesome tips to stay stylish without breaking the bank!!!! Love this book!
on May 29, 2015
4 stars with a caveat. If you are already very well informed about style, clothing fit and fashion, there isn't too much new here except it is a modern approach. Or if you lean more toward a capsule or minimalist wardrobe, most of the book is also not for you (although there are some very helpful exhibits at the end of book where she presents a selection of outfits using a set number of pieces or shows how one piece can be worn in each season!). That said, Lilliana has a wonderful tone and friendly writing style. This is a great book for a younger career woman just beginning to work on her wardrobe or for those who like to change things up on a budget. Also may be a helpful guide for women who have gone through a big weight loss and who now have a new or renewed interest in fashion. My favorite part is at the end of the book where she talks about throwing out the fashion rules and mixing different styles, etc. It's how I personally like to dress and she did give me some ideas. The reason I gave four stars instead of five is there are some errors that the editor should've caught before publishing. One that comes to mind is the jeans size chart (no 31 is listed and 28 is listed twice). The book (I read the Kindle version) wasn't fraught with errors but there were a few.
on February 4, 2014
I bought two, one for my Gen Y daughter and one for myself. There's some great tips and ideas inside.
It's a viable reference book for clothing issues related to care and style. The author is very creative.
on October 27, 2014
Ohmigosh! My new fashion Bible! I picked this up at random at the library and when I picked it up to read, I just ended up reading it cover to cover. Smart tips, secrets to shopping in store and online, vintage clothing buying and restyling older clothes, it's all here. She's at www.cheapchicas.com too. Feeling inspired to clean out my closet and make a list...
If you like looking good, but aren't a fashionista (or if you are). If you like nice clothes but don't want to spend a month's rent on a pair of shoes. If you don't love shopping unless you know what you're getting and where (or if you do love shopping). This book is highly recommended.
on August 27, 2015
Much of this information was pretty basic. I love her blog, and so was hoping for some fresh ideas. Also, on the kindle version at least, I was missing all the photo inserts she was referring to, so I felt a little left out. It was organized well though.
on August 22, 2014
I found this book full of great and useful tips. Sometimes I read books like this and am a little disappointed like, yeah tell me something I don't already know, but I read this one quickly, cover to cover and will likely go back and re-read.