5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great gingerbread houses.
Published on November 28, 2010 by Marvin Paule

3.0 out of 5 stars bubbly walls
Just like my other silicone molds, this one makes small holes where the dough contacts the silicone. My houses end up with small holes on the outside, which looks...okay...unless they're really big bubbles, like happened the last time. It was about the size of a quarter and looked like someone threw a boulder at the house. I'm debating whether to decorate it as a wrecking...
Published 15 months ago by Abies

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great gingerbread houses., November 28, 2010
Marvin Paule (Fort Collins, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chef's Toolbox Silicone Gingerbread House Mold (Kitchen)
Every Thanksgiving my two granddaughters decorate gingerbread houses, and baking the houses falls on me. In the past, I have used a cast iron mold that requires one to cook half the house on one side of the mold and then turn it over to cook the pieces for the other half. To make two houses takes the better part of a day. I bought two of these silicone mold kits, which come with two molds so you can bake all the parts for a whole house at once. With two kits, I can make two entire houses at once. The silicone molds do not stick and are much easier than cast iron to un-mold if you allow them to cool as directed. My only complaint is that the directions (from "down under") use measurements in grams instead of America's usual volume measurements (cups, etc.). My converted recipe for two houses, filling the molds only half full (any more dough gives parts that are too thick, IMHO). I don't roll out the dough, but simply pack it into the molds in chunks and flatten with my fingers.: 1 cup brown sugar, sifted to remove lumps; 1/4 slightly rounded teaspoon salt; 2-1/3 cups treacle or golden syrup; 1 Tbsp ground ginger; 2-1/4 quarter-pound sticks of butter, softened; 6-1/4 cups all purpose flour; 2/3 tsp baking soda. Pack in molds and bake as directed. Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, January 12, 2010
As a gingerbread house fanatic, I was thrilled to find this mold. I used it over a dozen times this Christmas, and it worked beautifully. The gingerbread pops out and the molds are very easy to clean. I did find that it was not necessary to fill the mold to the top, you can use just enough dough to get a solid piece, but it can be half as thick as the mold. This would make a fantastic gift, the packaging is very nice. If you are a serial gingerbread house baker, as I, having two sets helps production! Best gingerbread mold I have every seen or used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Mold, October 10, 2011
This house mold is Fantastic it's so easy to use and also very easy to clean, and you can make great chocolate houses forget ginger bread I just melted chocolate and poured it in and it turned out so good!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 24, 2011
I was a little leary of ordering this product as it is my first time using "silicone." I'm hooked!
This mold is just the right size and I love the fact that it comes with the tree and the two little gingerbread people.
Am planning on a decorating party for several little girls and this is going to make things much easier. BTW, the recipe on the mold that I received was "not" in metric. Not sure why there was on reviewer with the metric? Was glad though that she gave her recipe too. Now at least I have a choice:)
The shipping was quick too. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bakerylady, January 4, 2012
This mold is great..cooks evenly and cake releases from mold easily. Word of caution with this mold..do not fill it to the top with your gingerbread dough. It will come out far too thick. I adjusted depth of dough to half and it was perfect. Also, place both molds on a cookie sheet and keep them on the sheets until cake is cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gingerbread house, December 26, 2010
This item worked great. I followed the directions except that it was easier to just place
the cookie dough in the mold than to roll it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gingerbread House Mold, December 21, 2010
R. J. Frost (Youngsville, LA 70592) - See all my reviews
For anyone wanting to build gingerbread houses but who does not have the time go through the trouble of cutting out templates, like myself, this is a great product. I have made six gingerbread houses with the mold so far this season which I have given as gifts. Everyone has loved the houses I have created. The mold is simple to use and clean and the pieces pop out easily. The recipe for the gingerbread dough that comes with the mold is also very good. The people that I have given the houses too talk about how much they enjoy the houses, not only visually, but also the aroma. I am happy to recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Quality, December 17, 2009
My wife and I have used a variety of products from The Chefs Toolbox for about a year and have from day one been very impressed with the product quality, performance, and durability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy mold!, December 13, 2012
Have used cast iron and stone molds in the past, this silicone mold is the best! Not heavy, easy to clean and house comes out perfect. Everyone from friends to co-workers are impressed with the results. Have used it to make both gingerbread and chocolate houses, both come out perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked!, December 31, 2013
We made a house using the mold and the instructions. It was easy and worked well. The walls parts came out of the mold readily and well formed.

The Chef's Toolbox Silicone Gingerbread House Mold