4.0 out of 5 stars A good reexamination of the biblical texts on homosexuality
This book argues convincingly that the Bible does not condemn committed same-sex partnerships. This means that if you don't like the argument, you have to go back to the Bible and explain why your reading is better than Miner and Connoley's reading. It also means that if you like their conclusion, you still have to go back and figure out whether the argument was...
Published on August 12, 2004 by Arthur Digbee

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Sketchy
While the author has some interesting arguments, I have so far found three places where he says something about the Bible that is inaccurate/misrepresented.

(1) At the top of page 34, the author paints a scene where a father (Saul) is rejecting his gay son (Jonathan). In the Bible, however, King Saul wasn't upset about Jonathan and David's supposed homosexual...
Published 9 months ago by Jacob Mawhorr

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning Pamphlet, April 25, 2008
Joshua L. Lindgren (Twin Cities. Minnesota) - See all my reviews
This book was a quick read, succinct and concise. For a brief 'overview' and simple delving-into of the alleged conflicts between homosexuality today and the Bible as we know it, a worthy purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars the Children are free, June 14, 2010
This is a very good simple explanation of the theology of Christian gay people. For those who need to get some basic information of where they are coming from - it is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle, kind treatment of a controversial issue, July 22, 2014
glauber "glauber" (Carol Stream, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is a gentle, irenic treatment of an issue (or series of issues) that raise all sorts of strong emotions, and often cause a lot of shouting but little dialogue. This is not a fighting book, but a real conversation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Prospective on "The Clobber Passages", June 9, 2002
Paul (Indianapolis, Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
This book visits the passages of scripture that are most commonly turned against gay lesbian and bisexual people and answers the questions that many of us bring to scripture. I found this book to be very enjoyable and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free at last, September 16, 2002
Matthew R Pryfogle (Bowling Green, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I've been searching for a book that wasn't just speculation but used facts, logic, and scripture to examine homosexuality in the Bible. I believe this to be it. The authors use real life examples to better explain the concepts and ideas they desire to put forth and these enable the reader to make a more personal connection and see exactly what they are trying to say. As I finished the book, I felt free. What I had always known in my heart had finally been put down on paper without the brevity of a pamphelet or the confusion of a study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, November 17, 2013
This review is from: The Children Are Free: Reexamining the Biblical Evidence on Same-sex Relationships (Kindle Edition)
It gave a clear, concise account of the scriptures that I knew and opened my eyes to others that I had never considered. I agree with the author - the children are indeed free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, September 26, 2013
This book only confirmed every thing I already believed to be true. It was a great read . Very simple right to the point book

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirms what I thought about Jesus since I was a child, July 23, 2013
I bought this book looking for a guide to examine the clobber phrases after my minister used the same term during a discussion panel on human sexuality. I like the way the book not only examines the clobber phases but continues to find affirming passages. I am going to recommend this book to all of my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars An insightful and thought-provoking read; overall great!, July 12, 2013
A friend of mine who grew up in a similar religious and social background recommended this book to me. I highly recommend it to any LGBT Christians to read and think about. It's also great for any Christian to read and think about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful resource, May 22, 2013
This book is a wonderful resource to help those struggling to understand a Biblical perspective on homosexuality. People tend to listen to the condemning voices, not realizing the context in which the Biblical scriptures were written and our interrpretation in the 21st century.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›