5.0 out of 5 stars For yourself and your kids!
Published on March 11, 2000 by Gail Felker

1.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I had in mind:
This is a commentary, the author's opinion of what she thinks the bible is trying to convey. I've attempted reading this book a couple times out loud to my children and the stories strayed from the bible and went to her own thoughts. I decided to put this book aside and just read straight out of the bible. A bible translation that's easy for my 7 year old to understand...
Published 1 month ago by Jon Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars For yourself and your kids!, March 11, 2000
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
My husband was given this story Bible back in 1961 when he was baptised as an infant. We are still reading it to our 4 children today. It has been glued and reglued, taped, etc. to hold together this beautiful text. I was ecstatic to discover it's been recently republished. I have encouraged many parents to purchase it as it is an excellent, easy to read Bible for the whole family! Parents themselves don't often model personal devotions because so much of the Bible is difficult to understand. Read this every night and I guarantee you'll understand your own Bible much better, and have the best basic biblical overview possible! Vos doesn't water down the Bible stories - even some of the gory details - but in a respectful, careful manner she presents nearly every bible story. We LOVE this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best children's story Bible I've yet to see, August 2, 1998
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
This book is wonderfully written in a manner as if a grandmother were telling these Bible stories to her children (that is actually how the book came to be written). It is not watered down Bible stories but they are portrayed as the exciting, dramatic events they were. Customs and doctrines (reformed) are explained right in the story line. Although it is not the complete Bible, it contains all the narrative and historical passages of the Bible. It is divided into chapters which may cover several Bible chapters (it may mix books of the Bible as it tries to tell the story of the nation of Israel chronilogically). The Child's Story Bible contains 110 chapters of old testament stories and 92 of new testament stories. It is a wonderful devotional guide for the family as it is easy for young children to understand yet not too simplistic for older children. Our family loves it and has learned a lot from it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps children interested, chronological, accurate, December 30, 1998
wood@creia.com (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
My children love this Bible. The stories come alive and they are easily understandable. The stories are biblically accurate and center around Christ, even in the Old Testament stories. I highly recommend this Bible for giving your kids a well-rounded knowledge of the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime of writing her book, August 1, 2002
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
Mrs. Vos's daughter gives her mother a most beautiful compliment in writing of her mother's passion: creating a Biblically accurate children's story Bible. She observes, that, as a child, she took almost no notice of her mother's personally-committed habit of ascending the steps of their home to an upstairs area where she could research and write... what has become one of the best Bible story books written.
Our family used it as a three year Bible course. We learned so much from her added notes which weaves the stories to the time line of Israelite history. Catherine F. Vos' chronologically written stories gave a point of reference from which our son could create a timeline of pictures and Bible references.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Brings Back Wonderful Memories..., May 6, 2007
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
I first heard stories of the Bible from this book and reread it multiple times through high school. I grew up on the King James Version of the Bible and this book closely parallels it as well as providing the actual Biblical references for each story. When I had my own daughter in 1978, I asked my mother for our old volume, but she had gotten rid of it. At that time, all I could find was the paperback version and so had to make do with it. I continued to search for The Child's Story Bible and purchased a 1932 and 1961 version from a major on-line auction site. Nevertheless, I was delighted to find Amazon had obtained the 1986 version - the last hardback I can find of this book. I purchased one for a future grandchild and one for my daughter to give to her niece. In reviewing the text, I was pleased to see that the editors had not succumbed to making this a politically correct version of the Bible, but chose to maintain the integrity of the original text. If you are looking for a great addition to your child's library or a text that will provide many hours of delightful reading and sharing of the Bible with a child, this is your choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best story Bible available for children and adult, May 4, 2004
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
My wife and I argue over who get's to read this to our kids. It is that good. I would recommend this Bible to anyone who wants a clear, plain language understanding of the Bible. It is great for new Christians or people who have questions about the Bible but are intimidated to read it. It will motivate your kids to ask questions and motivate you to read the Bible. You will not wrong with this one! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book with very few pictures., June 23, 2002
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
We have used this book as a part of our family worship time for several years. The more I see of what else is offered for children's "bibles" the more I appreciate this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Bible!, August 12, 2005
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
We heard about this Bible from several homeschooling resources and weren't sure about purchasing it because we already had 3 children's Bibles. I am so happy that we did!!! This is a wonderful story Bible that is easy to read and also very engaging -- our children are 3 and 5. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A child's Bible for adults, too, August 26, 2005
William Supon (Cedartown, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
I grew up on this book! Before I could read, my parents used to read me the stories. Once I had learned to fend for myself, it became "my" Bible until I reached my teens. When our daughter wanted to start hearing the Bible stories, we read to her from the Child's Story Bible; I was amazed at how well the old book had held up. Its simple style and gorgeous paintings were as enchanting as they used to be. Now, we are waiting until our granddaughter is old enough to embark on the wondrous stories. I am so glad that the book is still in print! Buy it and use it--you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Childrens, January 9, 2007
This review is from: The Child's Story Bible (Hardcover)
This is the best Children's Bible I have ever read. I love it and my kids love it. I will buy a bunch more to give away as gifts!

The Child's Story Bible
The Child's Story Bible by Catherine F. Vos (Hardcover - August 29, 1983)
$27.50 $16.08