5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring book
The book is one of the most inspiring books i have ever read. I also liked An Encounter With A Prophet and Conversations with God
Published on November 5, 2000 by georgepetersus

2.0 out of 5 stars A Reluctant "Thumbs Down"
I begin with three "although's":

Although I realize many people enjoy Og Mandino's works (I myself have enjoyed his short stories in the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books), and

although there may be something helpful here for a reader searching for a message of hope (mostly limited to a short "speech" near the end of the story), AND...
Published on June 10, 2007 by H.Pye

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring book, November 5, 2000
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for those who dare to follow their dreams., April 12, 1997
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book about a man who gives up a very successful career in the insurance business in order to follow his dream of becoming a writer. By choosing this path he gives up the security of a steady income to enter the uncertain future of being a first time author. Although he and his family struggle to make ends meet, his gamble finally pays off and his first work becomes a national best seller.
This book is also about the main character's desire to spend more quality time with his family, especially his children. Readers will identify with the feelings brought forth as they read this book because many of us know the pain of working so hard that we are not around to see our babies growing up. I recommend this book highly as well as all of Og Mandino's books. A good book to read after "The Choice" is "A Better Way to Live". This book's title is taken from the fictitional title of the book written in "The Choice". It tells the real life story of Og Mandino's own struggle and success in his own life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have ever read in my life!!!, July 18, 1999
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
The Choice is in fact the best book I have ever read. I read it about 4 years ago and until this day I haven't come across anything better. I recommend it to all of my friends and they always thank me for my recommendation. It is inspiring and uplifting. If you are going to read only one book your whole life read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Choice really hammers home the decisions you make, August 16, 2000
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
Like many of Og's books, this book draws on his life experiences (this time as an insurance executive and as an author in the self-help field.) It helped me to understand the immense power in our everyday choices, and the way those choices impact the lives of our families. Og's books are so powerful, that if used wisely, they can help you to heal the troubled spots in your life, and turn your life around.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Choice is something everyone needs to read about life., May 9, 1998
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
The Choice is a very inspirational book, it has meaning and feeling put into it! Og Mandino is a outstanding writer and had a life experience. The Choice is something that I would recommend to anyone who is having troubles in their own life. The Choice is a book that everyone needs to read about life, and the outcome of it!! The book is OUTSTANDING!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, January 11, 2001
Robert William Horne (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
This book is a good story, with a great twist. Although I found it to be a little slow in the first few chapters and I was expecting a little more in the PMA category (like: The greatest Sales man..), I found myself not only in awe of the decision he made, I was also moved by the unquestionable loyalty of his wife and children. Though I doubt that I would have the courage to do the same. The twist in the last couple of chapters gave me quite a chill up my spine and caused me to re-evaluate some of my views on life. I can't say for sure that I believe this story, but I am awe struck at the thought behind the idea of its potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful, December 9, 2003
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
Og Mandino delivers a powerful message through the compelling story of Mark Christopher, a "successful" insurance company vice-president who leaves the security of his job to become an inspirational writer.
Anyone who has already made such a leap of faith, or is thinking about stepping out to pursue their true vocation and become the person they were meant to become, will surely benefit from this book. The Choice is not written for the armchair quarterback, but for someone who is sincerely seeking positive change in their life. Mandino weaves lessons between the lines throughout the book.
As an author who has made a choice similar to the fictional Mark Christopher, I found this book to be quite eerie, memorable and moving.
Larry Hehn, Author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory

5.0 out of 5 stars A Catalyst for change, July 30, 2000
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
This book served as the catalyst for me to examine my life and find out what I really want to do. This is the story of a man who chucks it all to reconnect with his dreams and desires. To live a better life and to be more of a human being. Many people reading this book will pray for the courage to take even half the action that this character does. This book in very few pages will allow you the courage to dream and pursue. I hope this book resonantes with you as it has me.

5.0 out of 5 stars OG'S GREATEST WORK!!, July 29, 1999
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
I also believe that this book is not only Og's finest but one of the most touching and inspiring book ever written.The main character in the story comes to life right off the pages.The book's lessons will stay with you for a lifetime.Og Mandino will go down as the greatest inspirational writer of the 20th century.His books will live on forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, May 13, 2005
This review is from: The Choice (Paperback)
This is the 2nd book I've read by this author, and I've been greatly inspired by both. Mr. Mandino is an amazing writer! He's able to weave important insights throughout his fictional tales, and keeps the reader on their toes - not wanting to the put the book down until it's finished.

The overall gist of this book is that we all have choices re: what we do, how we do it, and how we react to the circumstances we find ourselves in - and it's these choices (sometimes seemingly mudane) that determine the life we live today, as well as our potential future.

This seems to be a concept that many of us have forgotten - we do, in fact, have choices! It's up to us to choose wisely, and to correct the choices we're not happy with. But, either way, we must take responsibility for whatever our choices are - and where they lead us.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in changing any part of their life, as well as those trying to help others to understand the impact of their choices - this book provides a wonderful story to share with those who are currently struggling.

The Choice
The Choice by Og Mandino (Paperback - May 1, 1986)
$7.99 $7.98