Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 13, 2014
Chopped is one of my favorite Food TV Shows out there. It always mesmerized me how the chefs could create something astonishing from just one basket filled with random ingredients. The Chopped Cookbook is just as amazing as the show. Filled with beautiful illustrations and variety of recipes, this is one cookbook to have in your kitchen.

It also includes different sections which are extremely helpful. For example, The Chopped Pantry has a list of different ingredients and spices that chefs mostly use and are listed under categories. Baking Basics - Flour, Baking Powder, etc. I think one of my favorite things is the graphs that explain what goes with what. I'm one of those people who constantly has to buy something at the grocery store just for a recipe so this will be extremely useful to me. Absolutely love it!

*I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255*
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 8, 2014
I am a chopped fan and thought this would be an interesting addition to my cookbook collection. I would have preferred a spiral back. So it would stay open as you're using it.... thus the 4 stars instead of 5. Other than that, it has some very interesting, doable recipes. The pictures are lovely, however, not on every recipe, just FYI. Some are little more involved than I will probably get, but it does have some recipes with some out of the usual ingredients that would be challenging to try. Over all, it's a great cook book!
on February 9, 2016
I was disappointed in this cookbook. While there are some useful ideas presented -- the "go-to" guide for vinaigrettes and salad dressings is the reason I rated this 3 stars and almost saves the book. The pantry guide was also good for an inexperienced cook but I have those basics on hand all the time. The TV show kept touting this cookbook as guide to help you come up with ideas for what you had in the fridge and pantry -- use what you've got. I wouldn't have many of the meats and fish sitting around without having some idea of how I was going to use them. With just a few exceptions, most of the ideas can be prepared in an hour or less. But with all of the cookbooks I already own and a full recipe box, it didn't bring a lot to my kitchen.
on May 18, 2014
I bought this cookbook for my boyfriend. We love Chopped! And I do agree, the recipes AREN'T ones that were made with crazy ingredients on the show. BUT at the same time...how many spare Ostrich eggs do you guys have just laying around, waiting to be prepared? Yeah, exactly.

I love these recipes...they remind me of Chopped in that there is some random ingredients I wouldn't have thought to pair with other things. And the sauces pages are great! I feel like in most cookbooks you only want to use a handful of the recipes (or maybe you want to make more but you just...don't) but I have a feeling we'll be making as many of these recipes as we can.

I guess, if you're expecting exact recipes from the show this isn't the cookbook for you but if you're like my boyfriend and me where we want some reasonably delicious meals with a little twist this cookbook is great :)
I buy a lot of cookbooks because I am a big foodie. This one has just enough good recipes in it to make it worthwhile. Our favorite so far is the Coddled Eggs With Pesto and Proscuitto. It is the bomb and is good for dinner or breakfast.
on May 11, 2014
I always buy cookbooks in book form unless ebook is the only option. On the other hand, you can wipe off the screen more easily than a printed page. But then again a book doesn't become useless if you accidently drop it into a bowl of liquidy stuff.

The recipes are based on the recipes that came from the show. They were prepared by the same people who pick the ingredients for the mystery baskets. The difference is the wacky ingredients have been replaced by 'normal' ones that you can find in almost any grocery. One stand-out feature of the book is a list of ingredients found in the show's pantry grouped in categories such as 'Basics', 'Richness', 'Sweetness', 'Crunch' and my favorite: 'Spice/Heat'.

Besides the 'inspired by' factor and the pantry list the only tie-in to the show are tips from the judges that are scttered throughout the book. I am still a little bit disappointed that the recipes aren't from the show but I also still glad I bought it.
on April 15, 2014
Full color pictures, great descriptions, easy recipes. I love that this book explains what different ingredients are and what you can use to substitute. I watch these cooking shows and I hear them say "I would have liked more acid" and I found in this book that an acid could be lemon or lime juice, vinegar, balsamic, etc. This book is very easy to read and understand and I am excited to start cooking!
on January 16, 2015
This book has a lot of helpful tips like how to pick out the best vegetables and tips from the Chopped chefs to help spark some cooking ideas. The recipes are easy to follow and many of them provide alternative recipes to adapt to what you have in the kitchen (for ex: how to swap potatoes with pasta in the same dish). The reason it is not 5 stars is because a significant amount of the recipes have ingredients that I have never had in my kitchen, so I would have to grocery shop for more of the recipes than I expected. But the ingredients and recipes are simple enough to make without a hassle so it's good to spark creativity in the kitchen for day-to-day cooking.
on October 19, 2015
Purchased this book for my 13 year old daughter who loves watching "Chopped" (and almost any competitive cooking show). I knew from previous reviews that it was more of a "general basics" cookbook, which made it even more ideal for my daughter. So far, she has made one dish from the book and I made another. Both were delicious! I would recommend this book for anyone who is a fan of the show.
on November 13, 2014
For a page by page review of this book check my video review: http://youtu.be/oY2lEaEroGU

This is a colorful insightful addition to the awesome show on Food network. Its like turning the pages of an episode with illustrated ideas for all occasions and tastes alike. This book included a semi-chopped layout - I'm not sure how the randomness of the ingredients are selected for the show or this book but it covers a lot of dishes minus Sanchez's criticism ;-) If you watch the show, like to cook and\or want a great holiday gift idea this is the one for you. It has some Q\A for the judges and Ted with questions like favorite ingredients or guilty pleasure ingredients and why.

The layout and flow of the book is easy to use and makes reading fun. It has many useful tips and helpful hints on new and old dishes. It sparks interest in cooking some just to see how they turn out.