Conference Organizing Made Easy
If you find yourself organizing a complicated event with limited money and little time, and with people who aren't getting paid for their work, you must enjoy chaos. Either that, or you're putting together a Christian conference.
But don't despair - conference planning can be fun! Given the right tools, the right people, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you can organize an event that God can use that's beyond anything you've ever dreamed.
Whether you're planning a simple retreat for a small group or a multi-day national event for a vast multitude, this practical book covers every detail. Step-by-step instructions and friendly advice guide you through the unique challenges that Christian organizations face in planning an effective event, whether you have a conference, retreat, workshop, or seminar. This nuts-and-bolts book provides the organization, examples, and ideas to help you create an event that will make a significant impact.
* Strategies for developing your event's goals and purpose
* Organizing financial planning and sponsorship development
* Recruiting an effective conference staff, including job descriptions and detailed chapters for each person
* Ways to develop the support of community, church leaders, and prayer partners
* Ideas for establishing the spiritual foundation of the conference
* Step-by-step plans for site selection, program design, logistics coordination, evaluation, and more
* Samples of forms, checklists, maps, and schedules
* Tips to save money, plan for success, and maximize technology
* Lists of resources for speakers, sites, and organizations
* Helpful advice from conference planners around the country
* Post-conference wrap-up details that will help the next year's events even better!
Great for Christian Education departments, pastoral staff, meeting planners and Christian organizations.