Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on November 12, 2008
I anxiously awaited the arrival of my pre-ordered book, only to find myself sick, and disappointed that I was unable to read it for a couple of days.
I was pulled into the story...simply written, and filled with lasting truths. ALL of the characters are genuinely written and believeable from page one.
I commend Glenn for the courage to go back to such a dark place in his life and openly search his own heart for the truths he learned. By sharing these truths, he gives us a picture of the forgiveness we all must deal with, and the redemption that awaits us at the end of the journey.
Thank you Glenn...this is a book I will read again and again.

The autographed, specially boxed book is simply beautiful and would make a great gift!
on December 16, 2008
Not a political commentary, as might be expected from Beck, but one of the most powerful books I have read in a very long time. I experienced emotions that have not been stirred so thoroughly in years as Glenn told a very simple story. His wonderful sense of humor and clarity, certainly his trademark, sent his story deeply into my own experience in life. Reading this book is really just the physical act of receiving a wonderful gift from Glenn as the value of the takeaway is much greater than the price of the book. I have ordered extras for my kids and some of my best friends and keep thinking of other people I would like to give the book to.
on December 2, 2009
This was a great read that I couldn't put down. The character has hope, but seemed to be rejected at every turn in his own mind. There was ready help for him both from relatives and from above. It was well put and a great story that makes you thankful for your own life.
on December 29, 2012
I bought this book when it came out because...I like Glenn Beck the news reporter. This book is amazing and I pull it out with my Christmas decorations and reread it every year. I was born in 1948 and this story reminds me of those times. My family was poor but very loving. I never realized that there were 'rich' people in the world. I pass this book around and ask others to read it. Even friends who are "not book readers" love it. It's easy to read and you can buy it at Amazon in LARGE PRINT for us older folks. Try it.....If you are in your late 50's or 60's you will love it too.
on January 9, 2009
I was really expecting a lot and the book made me cry (I don't like tear jerkers), but the ending was a real disappointment. I was really looking forward to seeing how the main character would handle the major curve balls that life handed him. Instead, he didn't have to. The book was supposed to be about second chances, I guess, but most people don't get that kind of "second chance." So I felt like I learned nothing.
on December 4, 2011
First, I don't like novels and this one didn't sound like anything I was going to like. But I didn't like Glenn Beck when I first heard him either. (now I do!) I just finished the book ... a one day read, which is unheard of for me. I could not put it down. It touched me personally in many ways. But when it brought tears to my eyes, I knew it was reaching me in a special way. A wonderful gift for Christmas ....
on October 8, 2015
With this book, Glenn Beck has become one of my favorite writers. The book has little to do about Christmas, and more to do about a young boy faced with a series of traumatic events that changed the course of his life.
on November 20, 2008
I love Glenn, I have to say. He is one of few in the media that is real, completely unabashedly real. As one who strives to be this way, I really appreciate that in other people. So few are brave enough to live in such a manner.

"The Christmas Sweater" is not great literature by any means, by it is a deeply profound story that I connected with. One snotty reviewer noted it was full of teen age angst...whatever! Teenagers ARE full of angst. The age Eddie was in the story was a very hard time for me, and for many I think. I identified with his anger. It reminded me of the anger I had in me at that age & I did much of what Eddie did, pushing away people as cruelly as possible. It took me a long time to get beyond it and realize what blessings I had, despite the negatives. I wish I had learned the lesson Eddie learned about 10 years earlier than I did...It would have saved me 20 year old angst, too.

Thanks, Brother Beck! See you in Chattanooga!
on May 2, 2016
This is the worst book I've ever read, and I've read a lot of books. I made the mistake of following the good reviews of this book one Christmas and bought it as gifts for a few people, then read the book, and I was so embarrassed I gifted it. Ever since then I have hated Glenn Beck and watching his recent professional downfall while supporting Cruz is no surprise. I would not waste any time on this joke.
on January 28, 2014
I read the book and realized this is a book it was made for family. At 67 years old I did not meet the criteria.So I gave this book to a friend under the condition that he would read it to his family. They started on Monday night because I always gather together at that time and the father told me there was no problem getting the family together after their first reading. The older children read to the younger and the mother or father read to them all. Sounds like Christmas I used to have an mass.