5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Christmas tale from thriller master
Published on December 1, 2011 by W. D. Gagliani

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute story for kids
A cute little story for kids. Nicely illustrated and something that would suit parents reading to their children - I think this would be good for younger kids.
Published on August 3, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Christmas tale from thriller master, December 1, 2011
W. D. Gagliani (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas Thingy (Kindle Edition)
What a charming little tale is The Christmas Thingy, about Jessica who is lonely while living temporarily in London with busy parents and who wishes for a "monster" to be her friend. The Thingy aims to please despite the housekeeper's wishes, but there's always a price when you befriend monsters. It's just that, well, Jessica is desperate and she's willing to risk paying the price... This is a very short tale, but it's accompanied by a set of lovely Alan Clark paintings, and a positive message about perspective and perception. If you already know F. Paul Wilson's thrillers, this may seem a bit off his usual path, but if you squint a little, you'll see it's really not. A nice read-aloud book for kids, but also moving for adults.

--W.D. Gagliani, author of Wolf's Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: The Christmas Thingy (Kindle Edition)
I want a Christmas Thingy! The story is delightful and the illustrations are perfect. Thank you, Dr. Wilson, for a wonderful bedtime story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story, December 13, 2011
This review is from: The Christmas Thingy (Kindle Edition)
I usually read thrillers, but I decided to read this for a change of pace and I'm glad that I did. I absolutely love this story, and the ending brought a good mist to my manly eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story by a master storyteller, January 22, 2015
This review is from: The Christmas Thingy (Paperback)
This is a very cool children's book. I bought it for our grandchildren and can't wait to see their response to it when I read it to them for the first time.
Great story by a master storyteller

5.0 out of 5 stars I guess you're never too old for Christmas stores😍, December 18, 2014
This review is from: The Christmas Thingy (Kindle Edition)
I hope to share the story with my granddaughter this year😘I recommend this short story to everybody merry Christmas and happy new year😊😊

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute story for kids, August 3, 2012
This review is from: The Christmas Thingy (Paperback)

The Christmas Thingy