Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 25, 2011
Downloaded this book for my 9 year old daughter to read on the kindle we got her for Christmas. Sounded like a good read and it peeked her interest.

Disappointed however, when she came up to me later and showed me a section of the book she was reading and I see the word A**. Needless to say I was surprised. My daughter then proceeded to scroll through sections of the book showing me it also contained D*** and H** as well. Nothing she hasn't heard before but very disappointed that this type of language is in a children's book that Amazon listed as appropriate for 9-12 years old. At the very least, there needs to be a warning so parent's know this type of language is in the book.

Makes me question the content of the other books I downloaded for her today...at the very least I won't be letting her read any more books from this series any time soon.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2012
This book is poorly written, contains age-inappropriate language and has blatent product placement. The sentences seem to have been written by a grade schooler who thinks that punctuation is optional. The main character, who has just turned thirteen, has a habit of swearing, using outdated phrases and words that are not in most middle schoolers' vocabulary. "Chatty Kathy"? Really? Also, the author does not even spend enough time trying to come up with his own product names. He mentions Pepsi numerous times, even going so far as to say that nothing is more refreshing than a Pepsi with pizza. Nothing is more refreshing than writing this book on my "Do not recommend" list.