5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling
Have enjoyed Dani Amore's stories before and this was a enjoyable combination of old-school Western with modern day noir elements. I really liked the interaction between the preacher and the hard-drinking female gunfighter. Great characters and I can't wait for part two!
Published on September 12, 2012 by CrustyJoe

1.0 out of 5 stars The Circuit Rider
I really am enjoying this serial so far. I normally would be rating this 4 stars, but the language! Did the F word even exist back then?? Please get rid of the f-bombs before the next installment . This story would be so much more enjoyable if you did.

Published on October 2, 2012 by Susan Crowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling, September 12, 2012
CrustyJoe (MILWAUKEE, WI United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Awaiting more, September 9, 2012
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this book. Only took about an hour. The story was interesting and left me wanting more. The main characters are both strong and interesting. The story while a western has a different element in the evil. I like the fact the story is stand alone but left me waiting and wanting more. Reminds me of when they did the Green Mile in this form. Something to look forward to each month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane A., September 12, 2012
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
Part One of The Circuit Rider was a good read. A traditional Western with some modern sensibilities. Interesting idea for a serial killer loose in the Old West. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Circuit Rider, October 2, 2012
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)

Just read the 2nd installment. Soooo much better! I don't know if the bad language was edited or we just lucked up this time. Now.....I am loving this kindle serial!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right. Any lover of the great western writers will certainly enjoy this book., August 14, 2013
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
A truly well written Western story. The characters are totally believable, an imperfect pair of true to their time humans, each with a most unique skill set, which sets them off perfectly as apparent total opposites. As things develop, this book becomes a mystery, a thriller, and a great trip to the period. So well described you can see the characters, smell the sweat and taste the whiskey. The female character in this book had to be hard to develop. Really, well done.
If you have not tried Kindle Serials, you are missing some great stuff by really good writers! Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for my next episode!, September 16, 2012
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
Dani Amore can put words on a page that transform into a blockbuster movie in my head! Her characters are larger than life. In Circuit Rider we meet Tower a traveling Preacher hired to traverse a certain route and Bird Hitchcock the woman hired as his protection. These two complete opposites begin their journey and soon come across a young woman on the trail barely alive from a brutal attack. They get her into the near by town and find the Doctor. Bird Hitchcock sets out to find a saloon for her favorite beverage, whiskey, and to gather some information that might help in finding the ones responsible for the attack on the woman. Bird soon discovers that there is a link between what happen to this woman and her own haunting past...I can already tell that Bird will be added to my list of memorable, favorite Characters. I can't wait for my next episode to be delivered! Dani Amore continues to deliver fast paced plots and "real" Characters. A western would not be my usual cup of Joe. However, Dani spins a yarn like nobodies business!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to the next episode., September 14, 2012
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
A quick paced read that leaves the reader waiting for the next episode. In true Dani Amore fashion it is a well written story with strong characters, keeping the reader engaged and learning more with each "turn" of the page. I am looking forward to reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Western history in the form of 1 character., February 23, 2014
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
This book was sold as a book about the misadventures a travelling minister with a somewhat sordid past. Instead, it became a slice of Americana so many pulp fiction hinted at. "Bird" is a rip roaring drunk, hired by the church to escort the circuit preacher. Bird can take on any number of heavies drunk, sober, armed or not. When the name is spoken in a bar, people just naturally mosey away from that position.Bird also has a past that drive the character's actions. From the minute that our preacher buys Bird out of jail for a bar fight, I was in love with this book. This unlikely duo really grow on you. I do not think I have ever read a book quite like it...shu

2.0 out of 5 stars The Circuit Rider., October 22, 2013
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
Good story. But to much repetition.You knew what was going happen in each town they entered. until he was killed.

2.0 out of 5 stars another cowboy book, October 22, 2013
This review is from: The Circuit Rider (Kindle Edition)
sorry but this book was not very good it was unreal--I just had to give up after about half way

The Circuit Rider