Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Clapper Sound Activated On/Off Switch, 1 Each” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 41% off the $29.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get a $20 Amazon Gift Card when you book your first service. Learn more
|Price:||$18.97 ($18.97 / Count) & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$10.03 (35%)|
Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping on orders over $35.00. Details
The Clapper Sound Activated On/Off Switch, 1 Each
- Turn on household devices with the clap of your hands
- Plugs into standard light sockets
- Works with lamps and other devices
- Can be used in tandem with a second clapper for turning on multiple devices
- Contains one Clapper
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
1) Set Sensitivity Dial to Home 2) Plug appliance into left receptacle of The Clapper 3) Plug Clapper into wall Socket 4) Manually turn appliance on. 5) You can now turn your appliance on or off by clapping. You don't have to clap very hard! The Clapping sequence is more important than how loudly you clap: CLAP (pause) CLAP (pause) (pause) (pause) Where each pause is approximately ½ to 1 second long. The Three pauses after the second clap are very important. The Clap Detection Lights will only glow when a proper clap is detected. These lights will help you determine the proper speed and loudness of your claps that are necessary to activate your appliance. Please refer to detailed instructions for additional information on other features.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
This model of the Clapper is only rated for a MAXIMUM of 200 Watts per outlet. If you try to control a lamp with three 100 watt bulbs, it is going to overheat or maybe burn up. If you use it with a halogen floor lamp, they only come with 300 or 500 watt bulbs. So pay attention to the bulbs in the lamp you want to control. Since it has a 200 watt rating per outlet, controlling a lamp with a 100 watt bulb shouldn't even make the unit work hard. If you want to control MORE light, then use another 100 Watt bulb lamp plugged into the second outlet. Also remember, incandescent bulbs only. Halogens draw too much current period and it doesn't work with fluorescents. There MIGHT be some of the new energy saver CFL (curly fry shape) fluorescents that will work, but I'd think that they'd have to be marked on the package as "dimmable".
If one reads AND follows the instructions, it is almost impossible to accidentally trigger the device. There's a six year old review from a young lady who griped about all the accidental triggering but I feel that it is an unfair review as I don't think that she read or understood the instructions.
The "sucker" has a dial to adjust the sensitivity (sound sensitivity dial). For those like her who don't have a clue, it allows you to set it so that it ignores dropped remotes and loud TVs. I had one of these years ago and was able to set it where it ignored everything but loud claps in the proper sequence. I recently bought another for my 84 year-old mother-in-law who being almost deaf, always has her TV cranked to full volume.Read more ›
Did I learn my lesson? Oh, no! I went ahead and purchased another Clapper some months later. The night before last, the lamp I connected this one to started blinking. I checked the lightbulb and it was OK. It was only went I got down close to the Clapper plugged into the outlet that I heard the dreaded sizzling sound and saw a flash of electricity. Once again the Clapper crapped out, this time in a different lamp, different outlet. Will I never learn?
Thank goodness nothing happened due to the highjinks of this faulty device. Can you say "housefire"? Again, how dumb am I? Is the unit UL-approved and, if so, have any other complaints been lodged about it? How does one find this out?
I like my gadgets, but "buyer beware" on this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked great for about a month, but now is having lots of problems. It hears noises when there are none. And will turn on and off randomly because of it. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Yes it's cheap and sounds like a deal however I recommend you guys don't buy it. It only lasted me one day next day it was burnt for no reason and sldidnt work anymore. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
the clapper works well--we purchased two,one for the bedroom and one over the desk--makes life easier. thank youPublished 2 days ago by Kaz
It really works! I purchased this for my father who is aging and unable to twist to turn out the twist nob on his nightstand lamp. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Kimmysgone
Got for my son as Christmas gift and he loves it. Claps his bedside lights on and off several times a night.Published 4 days ago by T. Duncan
The clapper is a classic gadget for you home. Easy to install and easy to use it's easy to see why it has been around for so long. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Dan